DianaP

I-129F expedite requested approved a month ago... No news yet...

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

:blush: We had our petition for the expedite request of our I-129F approved on June 15th... (NOA 1 03/01/08); we also have an I-130 pending (NOA 1 02/17/07) which in April 30th of 2007 it was transferred to the Miami Office to conduct a standard procedure interview...

I have not had update, not even a touch in either case... Does anyone have an opnion of what could be going on, since they did approve the expedite request for the I129F (K3 spousal visa) why would they be taking so long to adjuticate it???

I lived in the US for 12 years, married my husband there (he is my second marriage, I was married to an american citizen both times) we have a beautiful 19 month old baby that was born in Miami... life seemed wonderful until one day out of the blue I get a notice to appear in immigration court because the had denied my petition to remove the conditional status of my residency... since i had acquired my green card throgh my first husband who I was with since I was 16 years old and after six years filled for a divorce in 2003, after we had filled together the petition to remove the conditional status of my residency... In 2007 is when I got this notice ... Yes 4 years later when I was already remarried and had a new born baby.... ( every year I questioned them about my petition they simply stamped my passaport with the vadility of one year for work and travel authorization) ... I had never stayed illegal not one single day over what my visas had allowed me, never worked illegally, never even got a traffic ticket... I then went to an attorney as I felt something was really wrong with them to deny my petition ... But since I had gotten a divorce while the petition was pending and did not file for an exception I was denied and there were no recourse... I was remarried so we then filled the I-130 petition, hoping we would get an answer before my court date in August of 2007, I seeked all the help I could get from Bill Nelson (senator) to writing letters everywhere etc... No help ... I was advised by my attorney to choose voluntarily departure so I would not stay illegal and keep a clean record... I was wrongly advised as later I found out I never had to live since I had the I-130 pending.... Well to cut the drama short I been stuck in Brazil for 9 months now and we are desperatly devastated to have our family torn apart... specially for daddy who can not see our son growing... Each day seems never ending here, and the torture of waiting is excrutiating painful... I got all happy when they approved our expedite request and I am now very down and lost many of my hopes of returning soon since there is no update and no decision made on our petitions yet... Does anyone know how long the process of adjuticating a I-129F petition shall take?

Does anyone have any advice if there is something we can do or someone we can contact in order to know what the hell are they doing with our petition?

Thanks to all... and best of luck to all of us.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I'm sorry to hear about your case and the hurdle. It can be very frustrating indeed.

But if this is of any help, I know a very good immigration lawyer in Miami (Deerfield beach), who handled many cases successfully and it might be worth a call. If you want his number, please email me and I will be glad to pass it on.

Hope this will be of some help...

Best wishes and don't loose hope!

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Naturalization approved: 04-02-2013

Oath ceremony: 04-24-2013

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Did you file the expedite request through a state representative's office? You may get them to follow up your approved "expedite request".

An approved "expedite request" may not get immediate attention until someone bugs them, I know it's ironic, but that's what happened to us.

They didn't send our I-130 to adjudicator right away after they approved the expedite request. We are really thankful that we have a congress aide who is willing to call the congress liaison at USCIS and bugs her on our behalf.

Leah

USCIS

03/15/08 Mailed I-130 package

07/17 I-130 package delivered to Chicago lockbox

03/26 NOA1 received (Priority date 03/24/08)

04/18 Touched

06/05 Expedite request on humanitarian ground (medical emergency)

06/16, 06/17, 06/18, 06/19, 06/20 Touched

06/28 Received RFE dated 06/23

06/30 mailed RFE express mail to CSC

07/02, 07/03 Touched

07/08 07/09 Touched. "RFE received & processing resumed"

07/11 Congress aide found out I-130 was approved on 07/09!!!

07/17 NOA2 hardcopy dated 07/09

07/21 Approval notice hardcopy dated 07/11 I-130 was approved in 116 days from filing date (expedited).

NVC

07/15 NVC received and assigned case #

07/16 Emailed expedite request & supporting documents

07/17 DS-3032 and AOS fee bill generated, Emailed DS-3032.

07/21 Received DS-3032 & AOS fee bill hardcopy.

07/24 NVC approved expedite request

US Consulate

07/31 Package arrived at US consulate

08/01 Was told to pick up packet 3 on 08/04

08/04 Req packet 3 send by mail.

08/09 Received packet 3

08/11 Returned packet 3

08/15 Picked up packet 4 & medical check up

08/28 Submitted civil docs & paid $400 IV fee. Visa Interview & approved !!!

08/29 Visa in hand

09/30 POE IR1 visa interview took 166 days from the I-130 filing date (expedited).

10/04 Applied for SSN in married name.

11/11 Welcome notice received (dated 11/04)

11/15 Received Green card.

11/21 2nd Welcome notice received (dated 11/13)

11/24 Received SS card in maiden name.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
Did you file the expedite request through a state representative's office? You may get them to follow up your approved "expedite request".

An approved "expedite request" may not get immediate attention until someone bugs them, I know it's ironic, but that's what happened to us.

They didn't send our I-130 to adjudicator right away after they approved the expedite request. We are really thankful that we have a congress aide who is willing to call the congress liaison at USCIS and bugs her on our behalf.

Leah

Thank you very much for your prompt reply... But sadly I had not been as lucky with our senator in florida ( Bill Nelson) they actually have been of very little help at all, they had already told us our petition to expedite was denied when we decided to file in our own and then we got it approved...

I have been asking them to follow up for me but all they tell me for the past 3 weeks is that they have not gotten any answer from USCIS yet... i have called the USCIS customer assitance line and USCIS director s office in washigton DC all I get is the same they will contact Vermont and inform me as soon as they have a decision....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Leah

Thank you very much for your prompt reply... But sadly I had not been as lucky with our senator in florida ( Bill Nelson) they actually have been of very little help at all, they had already told us our petition to expedite was denied when we decided to file in our own and then we got it approved...

I have been asking them to follow up for me but all they tell me for the past 3 weeks is that they have not gotten any answer from USCIS yet... i have called the USCIS customer assitance line and USCIS director s office in washigton DC all I get is the same they will contact Vermont and inform me as soon as they have a decision....

Go to another state representative? Have you tried other congressman?

It's really difficult for us to try to get the status of the "expedite request" or the case through the USCIS customer service line, in fact my husband was misled to all directions with wrong information when he called.

What really helped was: the congress aide called up the congress liaison officer at USCIS, requested a status report and followed up with her, that left no room for them to wiggle.

Leah

USCIS

03/15/08 Mailed I-130 package

07/17 I-130 package delivered to Chicago lockbox

03/26 NOA1 received (Priority date 03/24/08)

04/18 Touched

06/05 Expedite request on humanitarian ground (medical emergency)

06/16, 06/17, 06/18, 06/19, 06/20 Touched

06/28 Received RFE dated 06/23

06/30 mailed RFE express mail to CSC

07/02, 07/03 Touched

07/08 07/09 Touched. "RFE received & processing resumed"

07/11 Congress aide found out I-130 was approved on 07/09!!!

07/17 NOA2 hardcopy dated 07/09

07/21 Approval notice hardcopy dated 07/11 I-130 was approved in 116 days from filing date (expedited).

NVC

07/15 NVC received and assigned case #

07/16 Emailed expedite request & supporting documents

07/17 DS-3032 and AOS fee bill generated, Emailed DS-3032.

07/21 Received DS-3032 & AOS fee bill hardcopy.

07/24 NVC approved expedite request

US Consulate

07/31 Package arrived at US consulate

08/01 Was told to pick up packet 3 on 08/04

08/04 Req packet 3 send by mail.

08/09 Received packet 3

08/11 Returned packet 3

08/15 Picked up packet 4 & medical check up

08/28 Submitted civil docs & paid $400 IV fee. Visa Interview & approved !!!

08/29 Visa in hand

09/30 POE IR1 visa interview took 166 days from the I-130 filing date (expedited).

10/04 Applied for SSN in married name.

11/11 Welcome notice received (dated 11/04)

11/15 Received Green card.

11/21 2nd Welcome notice received (dated 11/13)

11/24 Received SS card in maiden name.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.