Lenchik

Different name in passport and greencard

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

SOS!!! SOS!!!! SOS!!!

I have tickets to go to Ukraine in 2 days! Somebody just told me that if my name in Ukrainian passport (maiden name) is different from one on the greencard (married name) and my passport has no stap in it about marriage or permanent residenship, I will not be able to leave Ukraine!!!!

AAAAAAA!!! 48 hours left before the flight!! Should I go??? Is this true??? HELP somebody!!!

SOS!!! SOS!!!! SOS!!!

I have tickets to go to Ukraine in 2 days! Somebody just told me that if my name in Ukrainian passport (maiden name) is different from one on the greencard (married name) and my passport has no stap in it about marriage or permanent residenship, I will not be able to leave Ukraine!!!!

AAAAAAA!!! 48 hours left before the flight!! Should I go??? Is this true??? HELP somebody!!!

As always - it is a very good idea to bring a copy of your marriage certificate in the event you are traveling outside the US and the names on passport/GC do not match. (Many airlines will want to verify these types of documents as well as - of course - US POE officers.) I'm not certain if Ukrainian officials require anything other than a Ukrainian passport to travel into/out-of the country. :thumbs:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes I do, see another posting

PS... IF you post multiple times your chances of an answer do not necessarily increase because threads will be moved or combined

YMMV

Filed: Other Timeline

Do not forget cash to bribe passport control in Borispol on your way back :-) I changed my name completely here in the US so I did not travel back to the Ukraine to avoid being harassed by money-hungry bloodsuckers. Now with the US passport they can kiss my bottom :devil:

Edited by Balad

Do not forget cash to bribe passport control in Borispol on your way back :-) I changed my name completely here in the US so I did not travel back to the Ukraine to avoid being harassed by money-hungry bloodsuckers. Now with the US passport they can kiss my bottom :devil:

I am glad you said something about this! This is very good point. Do you know how much by chance?

That's what i am going to do (change name when i get citizenship). But i bought the tickets and THEN found out about issue...

That $uck$. I have heard stories that passport control there can get extremely brazen, I had issues when I left in 2003 with K1 and then I told myself I would come back as a US citizen only.

Have you actually hear about people who had to miss the plane and stay in ukraine?

no as this can be fixed with the proper amount of green and crispy US bucks :jest:

I am not very good at this... i just don't know when and how... and how much and who do i need to give it... Do I just go ahead and put it in the passport? or wait untiol they find an issue and then slap 100 dollars on the counter? I think they will not take when everybody else is standing around...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.