imeetmoon

Want to apply K3 with a recently divorced woman....!?!?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Hello all,

My fiancee and I are a little worried before we start the application process. We have some concerns that maybe some of you could help us out with.

I met my now, fiancee, almost 3 years ago (when she was married already). She was not in love with her husband at the time. She got married for all the wrong reasons. Well back to our concerns. She finally finished all her divorce and came over to the US to get away from all the people questioning her and just wanted to see me. We have traveled many times to various places around the world. This time she came here to where I live and she is staying at my place. I finally decided to propose to her when I have her in familiar turf. I proposed to her a few weeks ago and decided to get married next week. We are afraid because of the recent divorce, the USCIS may think that she is just running and getting married with a young single man. I am trully in love with her and have made every effort to show her my love. I was thinking of filing for a K-3 with AOS. Do you any of you see any potential problem with that? The marriage date has been set and all the preparations have been ordered. It is kind of late to cancel the wedding now. Do you any of you have any suggestions as to what we should do or how we should file. Should she fly back to her home town and wait there and just file for a regular K-3?

Thank you so much for your advice :)

Filed: Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
Hello all,

My fiancee and I are a little worried before we start the application process. We have some concerns that maybe some of you could help us out with.

I met my now, fiancee, almost 3 years ago (when she was married already). She was not in love with her husband at the time. She got married for all the wrong reasons. Well back to our concerns. She finally finished all her divorce and came over to the US to get away from all the people questioning her and just wanted to see me. We have traveled many times to various places around the world. This time she came here to where I live and she is staying at my place. I finally decided to propose to her when I have her in familiar turf. I proposed to her a few weeks ago and decided to get married next week. We are afraid because of the recent divorce, the USCIS may think that she is just running and getting married with a young single man. I am trully in love with her and have made every effort to show her my love. I was thinking of filing for a K-3 with AOS. Do you any of you see any potential problem with that? The marriage date has been set and all the preparations have been ordered. It is kind of late to cancel the wedding now. Do you any of you have any suggestions as to what we should do or how we should file. Should she fly back to her home town and wait there and just file for a regular K-3?

She came here with a B2 visa.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Does she need to leave and go home? How about just filing an I-130, I-485, I-765 and just let her stay until greencard

YMMV

Hello all,

She came here with a B2 visa.

If she came without intentions of marriage she can marry and adjust status in the US.

Best to wait until she's been here a couple months.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.