strawberry2007

K-3 and CR-1 from Cairo

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi All,

First, thanks for all your comments and feedback so far. I really don't mean to belabor the whole K-3 vs. CR-1 topic, but my husband just received packet 3 (for the K-3) a couple days ago, and I got AOS fee bill from NVC (for CR-1). In packet 3, it mentioned something about pictures, and we are not sure whether we need to send in photos of us together or if those are supposed to be for the interview? I really don't want to have him send in our wedding pics and never see them again! He went to the embassy to try to get some answers, but that was fruitless. I have tried to call the embassy, but have not gotten through. So my questions:

1. Anyone have the correct number to the embassy in Cairo, where I can speak with a live person?

2. Can someone tell me about your packet 3 from Cairo (i'm posting this in the Egypt portal, too)

3. If we go ahead with the K-3, and he goes to the interview and then our case is held up for several months, in administrative processing or whatever, and then the paperwork for CR-1 arrives at the embassy, can we switch to the CR-1?? Or does this switch need to happen AT the interview?

I guess I am trying to predict best/worst case scenarios, which is probably impossible. And I think I'm giving myself an ulcer worrying about it all! Thanks again.

Hi All,

First, thanks for all your comments and feedback so far. I really don't mean to belabor the whole K-3 vs. CR-1 topic, but my husband just received packet 3 (for the K-3) a couple days ago, and I got AOS fee bill from NVC (for CR-1). In packet 3, it mentioned something about pictures, and we are not sure whether we need to send in photos of us together or if those are supposed to be for the interview? I really don't want to have him send in our wedding pics and never see them again! He went to the embassy to try to get some answers, but that was fruitless. I have tried to call the embassy, but have not gotten through. So my questions:

1. Anyone have the correct number to the embassy in Cairo, where I can speak with a live person?

2. Can someone tell me about your packet 3 from Cairo (i'm posting this in the Egypt portal, too)

3. If we go ahead with the K-3, and he goes to the interview and then our case is held up for several months, in administrative processing or whatever, and then the paperwork for CR-1 arrives at the embassy, can we switch to the CR-1?? Or does this switch need to happen AT the interview?

I guess I am trying to predict best/worst case scenarios, which is probably impossible. And I think I'm giving myself an ulcer worrying about it all! Thanks again.

If in Egypt, you are supposed to send things in before the interview, send in photocopies and take the originals to the interview. Or just have copies made, just scan them then print out pictures.

Whenever the CR1 paperwork arrives at the embassy, you can do the CR1 interview, even if you already had the K3 in hand. But depending on your situation, you have to make a choice. When your CR1 is approved, you have to have the interview at the embassy. So if you travel to the US with the K3, then your CR1 is approved, you will have to return for the interview. If that is ok with you then go for it.

I am following both paths, hoping that my CR1 will be approved before the K3 interview. However, if not, I am willing to have my wife travel back to Buenos Aires for the interview. But, I work for the airlines, so it will not cost my wife very much to fly back to Buenos Aires.

If you are not willing to have the possibility of getting the K3, then return for the CR1, but you want the CR1, you may as well forget about the K3 and just proceed with the CR1.

4-29-08 - Mailed I-130 & I-129F together to CSC

CSC

I-130 I-129F

5-01-08 - NOA1 5-02-08 - NOA1

5-04-08 - Touched 5-06-08 - Touched

5-05-08 - Rcvd NOA1 in mail 5-08-08 - Rcvd NOA1 in mail

5-14-08 - Touched 5-14-08 - Touched

5-20-08 - Touched

5-29-08 - NOA2................................5-29-08 - NOA2

5-30-08 - Touched............................5-30-08 - Touched

6-02-08 - Rcvd NOA2 hardcopy..........6-02-08 - Rcvd NOA2 hardcopy

NVC

6-05-08 - NVC rcvd, new # & IIN.......6-04-08 - NVC rcvd, new #

6-15-08 - NVC invoiced AOS..............6-09-08 - Shipped DHL to Bs. As.

6-15-08 - Paid AOS online..................6-11-08 - Dlvd to Embassy

6-15-08 - Sent DS-3032 email...........6-17-08 - Received e-mail Packet 3

6-17-08 - AOS shows PAID!!!............6-25-08 - Turnned in Packet 3

6-17-08 - Sent AOS pkg Fed Ex.........7-11-08 - Medical

6-23-08 - DS-3032 accepted..............8-14-08 - Interview!!!

6-26-08 - NVC says my I-864EZ is not original Signature (BS!!!)

6-28-08 - IV bill invoiced online.

7-01-08 - Paid IV Bill online

7-01-08 - Re-sent I-864EZ

7-02-08 - IV Bill show "Paid"

7-02-08 - NVC Received I-864EZ, again!!

7-03-08 - Sent DS-230 via FedEx.

7-03-08 - NVC recieves and enters new I-864EZ

7-07-08 - NVC receives and enters DS-230

7-16-08 - CASE COMPLETE!!!!

8-14-08 - Interview. APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!

8-19-08 - POE, Washington DC.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.