~Jackie~

Thankful Tuesday in Mena-land

147 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Ok slight mention see i missed alot late last night (sure glad i went to be early) anyway

back in the OLD days everyone used to post pictures of their SO town, scenery, etc...we all loved to see the different locations as im not experienced in this picture stuff but love the pictures would someone do that again.....we had the scenery and alot of times would do the foods of the area pls do again

This pics are not that great but here goes nuttin:

view from the window of hubby's old bedroom at night:

outsideusamaflat1.jpg

khan el khali near his flat:

Picture0802.jpg

da pyramids:

Picture048.jpg

the nile at night on new year's day 2007:

Picture064.jpg

inside al ahzar near his flat:

Picture027.jpg

yummie koshari :dance:

DSC00061.jpg

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Im thankful my timeline just backed up to the middle of Oct now not Oct 31 as it was earlier today :thumbs:

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

I'm thankful I had pineapple, arugula, goat cheese and walnuts in the house.

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

that sounds like the makings of a lovely salad! what did you make with it?

I am thankful that I have the AC blasting and a huge glass of ice water although I may swap it out for some arizona green tea in a bit. damn its so hot here!

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Timeline

thanks doods now if the rest would do some also

TIMELINE

-------------

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

I am thankful that I have the AC blasting and a huge glass of ice water although I may swap it out for some arizona green tea in a bit. damn its so hot here!

I skipped breakfast so I decided an early lunch/brunch would work, but hungry and needed something quick. threw it all together with a little balasmic vinager with a bagel on the side. yummy salad and didn;t have to resort to the ice cream in the freezer :no:

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Timeline

Can you believe it it's already the 1st of July!! We are headlong into summer so my question is... If you're residing in MENA or waiting for someone from MENA what special Summer plans do you have going on???

Why do I ask? Need ideas I can't seem to get away from the dang computer long enough to enjoy the summer. :blush:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I'll try and post some pics of my hubby's area later tonight. I thought I had them on my pc here at work but they are either gone or in never never file land.

Kelly....we are selling but staying either in the same area or in a nearby town. We live in Southwest Ohio about 20 minutes from the Indiana state line. I live in a small quiet country town that isn't even considered a city or town but a village. Where does your friends live?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I am thankful for an amazing husband :wub: , to be self-employed and successful, a beautiful home (& new furniture), well-behaved & precious dogs, a 17 y/o cat, a good car that gets us where we're going, parents to be alive & healthy, a loving family, ice cream, a gym next door to my office that I can walk the treadmill at anytime, and eggplant w/ tomatoes leftover....

there's so much more to be thankful for, but that sums it up for now! :luv:

BJsTm6.png

*No conflict when the flute is playing, for then I see every movement emanates from God's Holy Dance* ~ Hafiz

Sara, I heard on the news that its gonna get worse for us this weekend....gonna be REALLY HOT! :crying:

Jackie, are u friggin kidding me? Seriously, i wont even grocery shop at my jewel, Ill go out to the one in frankfort where i work...Will county is sooo much cheaper....

Do u know a pack of cigs in my county is 7.00$ and in will county is 4.25$.....hmmm thats a problem ...effin ridiculous, i quit...im gonna boycot shopping here...

Kelly, my family that lives in your area have the same problem. They drive to Michigan about once a month to buy cigarettes because its much cheaper there. You may want to try that.

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

Happy berfday to d berfday gurl

Bebbeh Kittehs?? i luv bebbeh kittehs

Sorry..its the first o the month at work so its busy busy busy

jax...posse arrived and threw a net over me and drug me to vj...my boss isn't gonna be pleased...but thx..i luv u 2 :luv:

i can't remember anything else at the moment so i'll just say hi to everybody and hope u all have a good day...

i'm thankful for cheese, chocolate, ramen noodles, hubby (sometimes), my son, alllllll my girlfriends here in VJ (the menagirl guys too), and my most recent thing i'm thankful for is....................

My son finally learned to recite all of Al-Fatihah yesterday thanks to VP and her extremely adorable kiddlets. He recited it to me without even blushing and I admit, I got a bit teary-eyed. Thank you VP. You are a God-Send.

(F) amal (F)

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Timeline
I am thankful that tomorrow I go to Jackson Hole, WY for my brothers destination wedding on July 5th. It includes rafting, fireworks, BBQ, over several days and seeing my brother get married. I think there is some other fun stuff but I can't remember it all right now.

I'm just glad to get out and do some traveling.

After that Mom wants to go to Salt Lake for some serious shopping at the Neman Marcus outlet, and then on to the Oregon Coast. My first trip there ever after living here for nine years! Then I'm going to Sun Valley around July 17th. So yeah...that is what I am thankful, the month of July is traveling!

I love the Oregon coast.. nothing like it anywhere... have fun!!

Timeline
I'm thankful for larger pants! who needs dieting when you can just go up a size? :thumbs::dance::dance:

:rofl: famous last words, but there does come a point................

TIMELINE

-------------

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.