147 posts in this topic

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

:luv: Good morning Tuesday people!!I will take a crack at this....haven't had my coffee yet but here it goes.

I am thankful to all of you here on VJ who keep spirits up and smiles on.

I am so grateful for all the health babies I see and for my 2 healthy ones too.

I am grateful for all of these marriages that live past problems, distance and trials.

I am grateful for life, sight, touch, the ability to walk and talk and all of those things we take for granted.

I am grateful for my mother who can't do alot of the above mentioned things, but does what she can and has taught me the value of love and life and support and also that sometimes smiles can heal. :D

Jackie... Thank you for starting this thread. Olivia..... we miss you when you are gone. Love the hair. And thank you for letting us have a little fun. (F)

Ladies....and well Charles :P Have a wonderful week! (F)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Ok I'll do a mushy one. Every night I make dinner, hubby makes the salad, we sit and eat, he says alhumdulilah and thanks me for another wonderful meal, gives me a nice kiss while the kids squeal "eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwww", then he takes all the dishes into the kitchen and brings us both a cup of tea, then he goes for a "puff" (my kids' expression) while I do the dishes.

I'm thankful for our dinnertime routine. :luv::luv:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Timeline

:) mossy...wonderful things to be thankful for!

I'm thankful I get to go to a job today. (i'm putting on my 'thick skin' and going into the office. i figure his words cant hurt me) See ya'll tonight

Jackie (F)

uh...amal...now it's my turn....WHERE R U ? Don't make me send out the posse

eta: doods...I just got all goosebumpy! I was thinking of your wait and how we all kept each other strong. That's what VJ is all about :)

Edited by just_Jackie

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Jackie, are u friggin kidding me? Seriously, i wont even grocery shop at my jewel, Ill go out to the one in frankfort where i work...Will county is sooo much cheaper....

Do u know a pack of cigs in my county is 7.00$ and in will county is 4.25$.....hmmm thats a problem ...effin ridiculous, i quit...im gonna boycot shopping here...

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

CupofCoffees.gif

25krh1h.gif

Good Morning MENA!! Hope your day will be filled with happiness...

We might have some rain beginning on Thursday!!

I'm thankful for everything!! God blesses me in many ways. Wishing

everyone a good day.

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Good Morning all!

I am thankful for my healthy babies, one little and one big :) and my fabulous husband who has maintained his sense of humor for these sometimes difficult years and never fails to make me laugh.

Thankful for this VJ community, watching the families unite over the years (and sadly sometimes fall apart too) but look at all these beautiful couples and smiling babies we have here in MENA! YAY!

Thankful for my family spread out all over the place, particularly this morning for my sister who keeps me supplied with my absolute favorite delicious German coffee which is brewing right this minute :P

and for the so many other blessings both big and small in my life. I feel fortunate everyday and that in and of itself is something to be so grateful for.

Thanks for starting this Tuesday thread, jJ, what a nice way to begin the day.

oh, and I am also thankful for baby kitties, and big healthy babies, and safe trips to Morocco and Palestine and New York and Jackson Hole. Have a great time everyone!

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Timeline

Oh my goodness! Tax is that high where you live?????????????????????? I am sitting here in total shock at the cig prices! Is that county full of wealthy people? How in the world do you guys make it? It's bad enough here but nothing, absolutely nothing like that!

Just got a call from the realtor and somebody wants to see the house..say a little prayer for us that if its meant to sell we will.

Bridget...you always make me smile when you post :star: You have the funniest sense of humor don't know if I ever told you or not!

Timeline
Oh my goodness! Tax is that high where you live?????????????????????? I am sitting here in total shock at the cig prices! Is that county full of wealthy people? How in the world do you guys make it? It's bad enough here but nothing, absolutely nothing like that!

Just got a call from the realtor and somebody wants to see the house..say a little prayer for us that if its meant to sell we will.

Bridget...you always make me smile when you post :star: You have the funniest sense of humor don't know if I ever told you or not!

:innocent:

I have never heard of one county having more tax than another one. In Mass, afaik, every town/city is taxed the same for sales tax. On a side note, when hubby's stock of Cleopatra's run out we plan to take monthly trips to New Hampshire to buy his cigarettes. Then again, he promised my oldest that he'd quit when he finishes the last Egyptian cigarette but we'll see how that goes. :whistle:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Ok I'll do a mushy one. Every night I make dinner, hubby makes the salad, we sit and eat, he says alhumdulilah and thanks me for another wonderful meal, gives me a nice kiss while the kids squeal "eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwww", then he takes all the dishes into the kitchen and brings us both a cup of tea, then he goes for a "puff" (my kids' expression) while I do the dishes.

I'm thankful for our dinnertime routine. :luv::luv:

It doesn't get much better than this. :luv:

For everyone still waiting, this is clear proof, you do get through it and everything can work out just fine. (F)

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Ok slight mention see i missed alot late last night (sure glad i went to be early) anyway

back in the OLD days everyone used to post pictures of their SO town, scenery, etc...we all loved to see the different locations as im not experienced in this picture stuff but love the pictures would someone do that again.....we had the scenery and alot of times would do the foods of the area pls do again

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

yea. were in chicago suburbs, where county tax is vastly different from county to county...the county i live in is now highest in the country, jackie, who si 15 mins down the road from me, is like 3% lower. Across the border in indiana which is about 25 mins from me, there is NO sales tax...ridiculous...

Tasha, good luck on selling, where are u guys trying to move? Sofyan and I always talk about moving to ohio...my best friends fiance is from there and the two of them swear by it...they both say its a much better place to live and raise kids.

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Timeline

im thankful for my family , job and somtimes even my dog even though I think she is a devil in a cute little boxer body. I never knew one animal could destroy so much.

K1 process

10/05/2006 filled :)

05/03/2007 interview -> AP -> hell -> AP -> 9 months of AP Hell - 2 home visits :(

01/26/2008 visa in hand with a typo :(

02/03/2008 2 weeks more of waiting.... Visa in hand...... :)

2/20/2008 on US soil :)

2/21/2008 marriage :)

AOS

03/12/2008 Sent AOS/Work/Travel

03/16/2008 shows delivered chicago

4/12/2008 check cashed :)

4/13/2008 NOA's for all 3

4/18/2008 bio letter

4/29/2008 bio appt.

5/06/2008 RFE 2007 tax return

5/07/2008 returned RFE overnight

5/08/2008 received-lees summit

5/12/08 case updated online/RFE received

5/27/08 checked the website for the third time today -says AP and EAD approval letter sent 5/24- it was not updated online till today - and no e-mail update either

5/27/08 emails sent in afternoon AP and EAD approvals

5/29/08 AP touch

5/29/08 email EAD card production ordered

6/02/08 AP in hand

6/03/08 email EAD card mailed

6/05/08 EAD card in hand :)

7/28/08 AOS letter received

9/02/08 AOS interview

9/10/08 card production ordered email :)

9/17/08 welcome letter email and snail mail arrive same day

9/19/08 Greencard in hand :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.