Rodney n.

List of relatives

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
wondering about this. they just ask for names, relationship to fiancee and addresses and then have it notarized?

rodney

In my case they asked for Name, Date of Birth, Address, Phone number, Relationship to the beneficiary

They didn't ask for it to be notarized

Timeline
wondering about this. they just ask for names, relationship to fiancee and addresses and then have it notarized?

rodney

In my case they asked for Name, Date of Birth, Address, Phone number, Relationship to the beneficiary

They didn't ask for it to be notarized

it might be a good thing to get this ready just in case they ask for it i guess. :)

Timeline

rodney

In my case, the beneficiary got it notarized or certified. Although it was not required in our case, we felt that it would be better to be safe than sorry.

4432.gif

4977653_bodyshot_300x400.gif4980295_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Timeline

Rodney,

The consulate asks for different things in different situations it seems. Give them specifically what they asked for...more is ok, but never less than what they ask. Good luck...

Oh, BTW, they asked for a list of fiancee's relative and proof of address. That's it. No notarization or relationship information needed in my case.

Timeline

She only has one relative near me its how i got to know her. she has 2 aunts and uncles in California. i figured i shouldn't volunteer any info, but its good to have in case they ask. i am still upset at this notion that just because you are introduced by family you seem to be looked upon a different light.

Rodney

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

During my wife's interview, the CO didn't ask for a notarized list of relatives but he did ask about my wife's family member and relatives living in the US. My wife's brother and her relatives do live in the US, but they live in different states from mine. Also, I didn't know any of them before I met my wife so we got away with those questions. I highly recommend all applicants to prepare for these types of questions before the interview at HCMC post.

I-130 Journey

USCIS

2007-07-17 : Marriage

2007-08-14 : I-130 Sent

2007-10-02 : I-130 NOA1

2008-03-06 : I-130 NOA2

NVC

2008-03-18 : NVC Case # Assigned

2008-04-28 : I-864EZ Cleared at NVC

2008-05-19 : NVC Forwarded Case to HCMC

CONSULATE

2008-05-21 : HCMC Received Electronic File

2008-06-05 : Interview Passed!

2008-06-17 : Visa in Hand

US

2008-06-24 : POE - Newark

2008-07-24 : Received Green Card

2008-08-25 : Received SS Card

2010-04-12 : I-751 and Check Sent

2010-04-21 : I-751 NOA Received - 1 Year Extension

2010-08-20 : 10-Year Green Card Arrived

Naturalization

2012-08-27 : File N-400

2012-08-31 : Check Cashed

2012-09-06 : N-400 NOA

2012-09-19 : Biometric Appointment and Fingerprint

2012-10-15 : Receive Naturalization Interview Date

2012-11-19 : Naturalization Interview Completed

2013-01-14 : Oath Letter received

2013-01-16 : Oath Ceremony / Become US Citizen

Timeline

my fiancée has a few relatives in the us, but only one lives in same state. its her aunt which i have been friends with for years and who helped me get to know my fiancée. not sure if it matters that i wanted to meet her first not her aunt trying to get me to meet her. i didn't know any of her family, except her aunt before they came to vn for our engagement ceremony

rodney

Edited by Rodney n.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

rodney

some CO are crazy so applicants be ready.... I got my primary documents are authenticated and certified correct.

Strike till the IRON is HOT

K3 flow

wedding date 04/24/07

130 sent 07/27/07

noa1 09/10/07

noa2 03/13/08

129f sent 09/10/07

noa1 09/24/07

noa2 03/13/08

package rcvd by NVC 04/04/08

date rcvd by consulate 04/09/08

passed - my medical 05/15/08

APPROVED - interview date (K3 visa ) 05/28/08

VISA delivered - - - - - June 05, 2008

POE @ Detroit - - - - - - June 21, 2008

submit AOS application to Chicago Lockbox - - - May 14, 2009

Check encashed - - - - - - - - -- - - -- -- - --- --- May 22, 2009

NOA1 for AOS & EAD received- - - - - -- --------- -May 26, 2009

Letter for Biometrics received from the mail----- June 11, 2009

Appointment for Biometrics------------------------ June 26, 2009

Card Production Ordered 4 EAD------------------- June 26, 2009

EAD approval - - - - - - - - - -- - -- - - - - - - -- -- July 02, 2009

Received EAD from the mail ----------------------- July 06,2009

Received noticed for I-485 - ----------------------- July 11, 2009

Schedule for Interview & Passed ---------------- August 12, 2009

Green Card Production --------------------------- August 12, 2009

Welcome Notice Received------------------------- August 20,2009

GCard/PR received-------------------------------- August 24, 2009

Timeline
She only has one relative near me its how i got to know her. she has 2 aunts and uncles in California. i figured i shouldn't volunteer any info, but its good to have in case they ask. i am still upset at this notion that just because you are introduced by family you seem to be looked upon a different light.

Rodney

Rodney,

Just be extremely careful with what she says to the consulate. We got flagged during her last visit because she said her cousin introduced us and in my statement, I said that her aunt introduced us. Though explainable they felt that we were lying because she never actually met her cousin because he left Vietnam at a young age and has never returned back. Both were true because it was her cousin, who happens to be my best friend, heard a lot about her and thought of the idea that the two of us would make a good couople. This was back in January 2007. I really wasn't interested at first but after we began talking, I started to have feelings. The consulate also felt that since we never kept any of the calling cards or had any phone bills or emails, we didn't actually meet until later. Unless it was planned, how were we to know to save everything? We didn't start saving records until after we filed for the petition because we just never knew otherwise. This whole process is a bunch of BS. Well anyway, I am told that it may be 1 more year before reapplying for our visa. I am so bummed right now. :crying:

4432.gif

4977653_bodyshot_300x400.gif4980295_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Timeline

my lawyer had me prepared for that instance. i only have talked about her aunt which is how we were introduced. she didn't initiate the contact i did and i stated this in my 129-f. i was over at her aunts house , which i have known for a few years with a friend of mine and was looking though her wedding photos and saw Van and asked if i could talk to her, she had a bf at the time so i had to wait a few months, but it all worked out. i am not sure if that matters to the co , but i explained it to them. also i have original e-mails of first contact, phone cards, chat logs, phone bill, and text messages to back up my story. my original phone cards didn't allow me to get the record of my calls so i sent the account number of the phone card and when i paid for it and then have my cell phone bill to show them where i called. i wish i would have known earlier because the new phone card i got from my aunt lists my phone number and shows numbers in vn i called. i have pretty much sent anything and everything they could ask for so i am hoping its enough. like peter i think i have about 20 lbs worth of paperwork to show them and pictures. :) i think i had a good advantage in this process also. vans aunt , who i have known for a while went through the process and her and her husband have been very helpful in preparing for the interview.

Rodney

Edited by Rodney n.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.