Larry and Maria

Any interest in a RUSSIA + TSC->CSC thread?

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I don't know how many read the posts.

I see that there are some petitions to sponsor Russian fiance(e)s that went to the CSC, some via the TSC like mine did.

Any interest in exchanging experiences?

Larry

Larry and Maria

Hi Larry, I also went the TSC -> CSC route for my Russian fiancee. Everything has went smoothly for us so far.

I-129F

11-29-2005 Petitioned mailed to TSC

12-07-2005 NOA1 from CSC

03-07-2006 NOA2 from CSC

03-16-2006 Package received by NVC

03-27-2006 Package sent to Moscow

04-05-2006 Package received by Embassy in Moscow

04-13-2006 Katya received her packet from Moscow (there is only one packet from Moscow, not two like there apparently is from most other Embassies)

06-05-2006 Interview Date - hooray!!

Timeline

Hi James,

Thanks!

I thought there was a packet 4; I didn't know that; many talk about that.

How did you find out about the dates for the NVC? I've never gotten that info.

I'll be interested in hearing about your interview experience.

I've tried to gather some interview questions and tips.

Are you doing that?

Larry

Larry and Maria

Hi Larry,

Yeah apparently most Embassies send a packet #3 and #4, but not Moscow! They simplify the process greatly by sending just one. That one packet lists everything the beneficiary needs to bring to her (or his) interview, and it tells the interview date. There is nothing that needs to be returned to the Embassy ahead of time!

To find out the NVC dates you have to call them. I believe the number is 603-334-0700. You can't find any NVC case info online, and they don't mail anything to you. Also the automated system does not work for K1's, so you actually have to talk to a live person.

Here is a pretty good link for possible interview questions:

Possible Interview Questions

James

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I am in the same boat as you all. Natasha has her interview on June 13 in Moscow.

Do you all have any info as to whether they ever actually ask for the I-134?

My work situation is strange at the moment, and I don't want to have her explain it if she does not need to.

Most likely they won't specifically ask for the I-134, but they almost certainly will ask for some sort of income verification or proof of substantial assets and the ability to support her. Will you be able to provide copies of 2005 income tax forms (1040) and an employment verification letter or copies of recent paystubs?

Timeline

I can give my tax returns and recent pay stubs, which shows plenty of income, but no letter since I left my job for a new one last week. The timing on her interview was just too perfect (as in bad), and landed in between my two jobs. That was not supposed to happen.

I can give my tax returns and recent pay stubs, which shows plenty of income, but no letter since I left my job for a new one last week. The timing on her interview was just too perfect (as in bad), and landed in between my two jobs. That was not supposed to happen.

Well, here's what I would do if I was you... Your fiancee's interview isn't until June 13, so you still have time. I would prepare a packet with the 2005 tax return and an I-134 listing the salary from your new job. Then I would ask the new employer to give me a letter of employment verification. I'm assuming you should get at least one paycheck on or before May 31st? I'd include copies of your first paystub from the new job and maybe the last paystub from your previous job. Then I would write a brief letter to the Consular explaining the situation. It's a perfectly understandable situation, and shouldn't be a problem at all. Send all of this out to your fiancee in early June via FedEx, and she should get it in plenty of time for the interview on the 13th. All she will have to do is hand this packet of documents and your letter to the person conducting the interview, and it will require minimal or no additional explanation from her.

Timeline
Great idea, Larry! I'm still curious about any experiences people have had with the ex of their fiancee and involved children

I don't have any specific info on the subject you need info on.

This is on a different topic and since it appears we have identical timelines, what do you know about it?

I posted this in another thread because I couldn't find a clarification.

NOA1

Receipt Date 3/1

Notice Date 3/7

NOA2

Receipt Date 3/7

Notice Date 5/8

Where then do I fall in this IMBRA 3/6 cutoff?

What's my "date": 3/1 or 3/7?

One VJer said it's the date and time the Petition is stamped.

We don't know the date and time the Petition is internally stamped.

So, it appears it's unknown!

Larry and Maria

Timeline

Let's just wait and see what the Embassy says on all of this. I am also right around the March 6 date, depending on how you look at it.

If anyone gets any information from the Embassy in Moscow on this one, please let the rest of us know.

Timeline

This is the link for the Appointment Schedules at the Embassy.

http://moscow.usembassy.gov/consular/iv_dates.php

Thanks Owen! :thumbs:

Larry and Maria

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hey guys.

The interview at Moscow is not difficult. My wife went through it in Nov 04, and although just having to deal with anything in Moscow sux, my overall opinion is that Moscow is one of the better places throughout the world to be interviewed.

I will tell you though, although I had done ALL of my paperwork myself, prior to sending the K1 package off to USCIS I got cold feet and took it to a great local immigration attorney that seemed about as green behind the ears as I was, (even though he had a bazillions of satisfied clients, he was younger than I was and not married with a latin american girlfriend).

I think the one thing that gave me cold feet was a post on some forum somewhere in lala land back then... It was this woman that had been approved in Moscow's report on others she had seen there that had been denied for some reason or another. A crying russian woman gaggle of sorts.... and all of those that had been denied did not have lawyers, and were lamenting that fact.

Anyway, the packet that my fiance got from the embassy had a notice about requirements of tax returns, bank statements, all that #######. I sent NONE of it. Even my attorney wanted to send an I-864 instead of the I-134; 3 years tax returns, hell I even had a sponsor lined up with all that just in case. But with the tax problems that I had at the time I wouldn't even dare giving them a tax return. So, We (Attorney and I) sent the basic required 134 with an employer letter (even though I'm 1099'd by them), and 30+ pages of paypal account information, (how I'm paid), which showed the most recent 12 months activity that was well within the poverty++ guidelines of the uscis. (Now that one may raise some eyebrows but when you get paid by paypal and not by check or direct deposit then what do you submit?).

As a point of law, the I134 MUST be accepted, and the 864 will NOT be required. It's in the uscis documentation somewhere.

So all this crud about submitting tax returns for a K1 is bogus unless you're paranoid, or you just can't find a better way to lie about your employment and income... (I'm joking!).

Note, do not inflict your paranoia on your fiance going for the interview.

Let her/him handle theirs and you handle yours. Comfort, support and praise them. Get on the telephone and do a several q and a's in ENGLISH preferably. Why english? Because it makes it a lot more difficult for them, because you're the english one on the other end of the line.... and because they can have their interview in comfortable russian.

But do not make the mistake that I did.... email a list of possible q and a's to study and then they print them out on the office printer... and take that dam list to the interview.. only to be confiscated by the conof! Then be subjected to an additional 15 minutes of harrassment. That's what happened in my case. They examined that list thoroughly, drilled the hell out of what was on the list, including other stuff about me that was specific... and non... blah blah and even gave her an approval for the interview.

Then 30 minutes after she and my son left the embassy they called her on her cell phone and told her the visa as not approved.

Second phone call I got after the interview she was in total meltdown. She had accidentally taken out the list of q and a's she'd printed out because she couldn't pronounce the name of the illness my daughter had, and used the cheat sheat to say the word. That's when they confiscated the entire cheat sheet from her and reduced her to nothing. Long story short, the embassy sent an RFE, I responded.... although I had to send the response directly to her, and then she had to send it to the embassy (a petitioner cannot respond directly to the embassy since the request for a K1 visa at that point is in the embassy's and your future wife's hands) via dhl, and then it was approved quickly.

So, while this sounds like a horror report, don't let it be. My wife made a mistake there and they took advantage of it. Like I've always said, the uscis and dos exist to say no to immigrants. Otherwise they would have no reason to exist.

Brian

My wife has an 8yo son and divorced from her previous husband of 10 years. No mention of anything about anything and he's here with us. James I'm over here in gwinnett and would be happy to hear from you. Just send private email or message thru the board.

Edited by rushter

Yes Red Foreman, call me a dumbass

Timeline
Anybody knows the best and fastest way to get police certificate for the Russian fiancé?

She lived in 3 different cities since 16 for more than a year.

Highly appreciate your help.

Good luck on your journey.

:whistle:

Hi A & K,

I have a friend that is getting three police reports also in Russia. She has contacted the police in each city and has asked for the police reports. I think she had to send them x number of rubles before they would oblidge her.

She told my friend that she doubts that willl help speed things us for her but she expects no problem having the reports in time for her interview.

Good Luck

bruc

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.