eezymiami

Miami - Time Frame from Interview to Oath Ceremony?

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Belgium
Timeline

Finaly as site where one can raise some questions and seek advice...

I and my wife filed for naturalization in May 2007 just before the BIG WAVE started in applications.

This have gone quite smoothly and we have had our interview on the 05/20 (mine) and my wife on 05/30 - both in Miami Beach.

We have seen dates go by on ethe 28/29 May where they had over 14,000 participate in oath ceremony at the Miami Beach Convention Centre (MBCC).

Yesterday according to the lady at MBCC and articles in the press, another 5,000 people took the oath. Congratulations!! :-)

I called the MBCC and was told that another ceremony is being held over 2 days on the 8-9 July 2008. So another big event!

Here is my question. when does one receive your letter of notification re the swearing in ceremony???

according to some forums and info this us usually 2-3 weeks and I have heard of a case where it was a week notice.

Are we being too hopefully to catch the 8-9 July? is there still a chance that I will get my letter before?

Has anyone out there received their letters already for the 8-9th?

Timeline
This is the mbcc calendar link and I don't see any oath ceremonies:

http://www.miamibeachconvention.com/events...e/index.php?k=1

They never show these for some reason - but if you call them they give the dates always and they have been spot on.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

where they had over 14,000 participate in oath ceremony

Did each participator say the oath in turn? Did they take a group photograph? How long did that oath ceremony take? Was there free parking? Did they offer refreshments?

I and my wife filed for naturalization in May 2007 just before the BIG WAVE started in applications.

This have gone quite smoothly and we have had our interview on the 05/20 (mine) and my wife on 05/30 - both in Miami Beach.

We have seen dates go by on ethe 28/29 May where they had over 14,000 participate in oath ceremony at the Miami Beach Convention Centre (MBCC).

Yesterday according to the lady at MBCC and articles in the press, another 5,000 people took the oath. Congratulations!! :-)

I called the MBCC and was told that another ceremony is being held over 2 days on the 8-9 July 2008. So another big event!

Here is my question. when does one receive your letter of notification re the swearing in ceremony???

according to some forums and info this us usually 2-3 weeks and I have heard of a case where it was a week notice.

Are we being too hopefully to catch the 8-9 July? is there still a chance that I will get my letter before?

Hi eezymiami, finally I find somebody with similar dates. I am in your same situation, I got my interview on 5/16/08, and I am also waiting for my Oath letter. I called to MBCC and a nice lady told me that Naturalization did schedule the Oath ceremony for July 8/9 but they have not confirm yet, so they are not sure if they are doing it or not. I was cheking another imigration board where a group of people were posting daily when they received the letter, but all of them got it for those 2 big ceremonies in May 28/29. The people interviewed in April got invited in May 28/29, so I was expecting to get invited for the one in June but I did not. So hopefully we get invited for the one in July. Please let me whenever you receive your letter so we can keep track of the days. I will appreciate if you let me know when you receive yours. I will do the same. Thanks

Timeline
where they had over 14,000 participate in oath ceremony

Did each participator say the oath in turn? Did they take a group photograph? How long did that oath ceremony take? Was there free parking? Did they offer refreshments?

Seems the oath is recited as a big group. not sure about photographs and also for the rest. I heard it takes 2hrs or so. parking is available but nothing is for free :-)

not sure about refreshments but MBCC is well organised and I am sure they have available.

I called again and they confirmed they have the 8/9 July set aside - I called at 14H15 on the 06/26 on 305-673 7311 - let the phone ring and press no options - it will go to operator who is very friendly.

If that is true, people should be start receiving it by Tuesday July the 1st or wednesday the 2nd by the lates. If someone recieve it by then, please let us know! and post a message in this website! Thanks

Timeline

Hi eezymiami, finally I find somebody with similar dates. I am in your same situation, I got my interview on 5/16/08, and I am also waiting for my Oath letter. I called to MBCC and a nice lady told me that Naturalization did schedule the Oath ceremony for July 8/9 but they have not confirm yet, so they are not sure if they are doing it or not. I was cheking another imigration board where a group of people were posting daily when they received the letter, but all of them got it for those 2 big ceremonies in May 28/29. The people interviewed in April got invited in May 28/29, so I was expecting to get invited for the one in June but I did not. So hopefully we get invited for the one in July. Please let me whenever you receive your letter so we can keep track of the days. I will appreciate if you let me know when you receive yours. I will do the same. Thanks

Mali - out of interest - what is the receipt date when you filed. Mine shows June 19 2007 - so according to this date seems my expected swearing in might only be in August 2008 as they are still busy with 17 APRIL 2007 files - according to the USCIS website.

Mali - out of interest - what is the receipt date when you filed. Mine shows June 19 2007 - so according to this date seems my expected swearing in might only be in August 2008 as they are still busy with 17 APRIL 2007 files - according to the USCIS website.

My receipt date is June 2, 2007 eventhought it was sent on Mid May 2007. Anyway, it looks like it does not matter when your interview date was, they are following the initial priority date that your receipt has. So we have 17 days difference, so lets see what happend, becuase there was not much difference between your interview date and mine, just 2 working days! so we will see if we get invited to the one in July 8/9 (even thought were are to close to the ceremonies' due date). Otherwise we have to wait until August. Well lets keep waiting :( and updating information.

Timeline
Good news!!! I got my Oath ceremony invitation today!! it is for July 11, 2008 at the Miami Auditorium. I hope you recieve your too!!! good luck to you all!

MALI - GOT MINE ALSO!! for Flagler street at 07H00 on the 11th.

Good news!!! I got my Oath ceremony invitation today!! it is for July 11, 2008 at the Miami Auditorium. I hope you recieve your too!!! good luck to you all!

MALI - GOT MINE ALSO!! for Flagler street at 07H00 on the 11th.

Congratulations, see you there!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.