mrs_sdp

Finally Getting Somewhere ....

2 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Hi All

I had a good day today - very productive!! I got my form filled in for my DIY divorce and will pick up the certified copy of my marriage certificate and birth certificates tomorrow. I need to get the whole divorce application notarised on the morning of 23rd July and then I can go straight to the Sherriff Court and file the papers!!! Wooooooo Hoooooooooo!!! In a matter of a couple of months, two long years of waiting will soon be over ... :)

Hey, I know I'm still a bit premature with the whole divorce thing, because it's still a few weeks away yet. BUT I WANT TO BE READY!!!! The physical act of putting things together, filling out the forms long before they need to be filled out - it just makes it all seem so REAL!! I'm getting good at forward planning lol - I have lots of the contents of the I-129F organised already - I have more time than my fiance does, so it makes sense that I do as much as I can here and then just add his stuff ...

For me, two years was a long time to wait .. but I know that some people are worse off than us. I can't say that the last two years have been hell, because they haven't - we have been lucky enough that we've been able to spend a lot of time together. That is SUCH a good feeling, but it just makes the time apart seem twice as bad ... does that make sense? During my three month visit, I got so used to burning dinner for him coming home, doing housework, laundry, shopping .. it was like we were married already :). Now I'm back home, I've come crashing down to earth with a big bump!!

I've started gathering the forms and evidence for the I-129F petition too .... OMG, it's amazing how much stuff we have accumulated .. I'm having a hard time choosing what to put in the envelope as proof of us having met. I want to have all MY side of the I-129F organised for going to the USA at the end of July - that way, I can spend part of my visit helping my SO get his stuff in order!

Sorry for blathering on folks ... I'm just on such a high at the moment ... :) I am finally being able to DO something instead of just dreaming about it ..

Have the best week everyone ... :dance::dance::dance:

K-1

All information is in my timeline ....

AOS

08.22.09 ~~~ Posted AOS docs to Chicago

08.28.09 ~~~ Notice Date

08.31.09 ~~~ Received 3 x NOA's in the mail

09.01.09 ~~~ Date changed on status tracker - a "touch" woot ....

09.04.09 ~~~ Appointment notice arrived for Biometrics

09.22.09 ~~~ Biometrics

09.22.09 ~~~ A wee touch to AOS and EAD

09.23.09 ~~~ Another touch to both - email re transfer to Calfornia

10.05.09 ~~~ Emails to say both EAD and AP are approved!

10.06.09 ~~~ Touches to both EAD and AP

10.07.09 ~~~ Touch to EAD

10.08.09 ~~~ Touch and email advising card production for EAD

10.13.09 ~~~ EAD received!

10.15.09 ~~~ Applied for SS Number .....

10.20.09 ~~~ Email saying AOS approved and card being produced!!

10.24.09 ~~~ Green card received!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

One day at a time......

Good luck.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.