Fettman

Vaccinations, lack of Package 3/4, etc.

33 posts in this topic

But like Slim says, vaccinations are NOT needed for visa but will be needed for AOS. The question is of course, do we want to pay in strong rubles or in weak dollars?

Regardless of how weak the dollar is, it's still going to cost you more to get it done here; healthcare is SO much more expensive in the U.S.

We had to get a lab test done and one shot. Even at the public health clinic the shot was still $28. Luckily insurance covered the lab work so we didn't have to pay anything for that but I'd venture to say you could get it all done for one price in Russia if you talk to the right person at the clinic. "I need this shot, this shot, this shot and I need it all documented on this form. That's what, $28?"

The lab test was for the chicken pox (varicella antibodies test) so just make sure it's documented on the form as well. "She got a chcikn pox when childhood." (Doesn't have to be perfect English, just as long as the Indian guy working at the clinic can read it.)

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
But like Slim says, vaccinations are NOT needed for visa but will be needed for AOS. The question is of course, do we want to pay in strong rubles or in weak dollars?

Regardless of how weak the dollar is, it's still going to cost you more to get it done here; healthcare is SO much more expensive in the U.S.

We had to get a lab test done and one shot. Even at the public health clinic the shot was still $28. Luckily insurance covered the lab work so we didn't have to pay anything for that but I'd venture to say you could get it all done for one price in Russia if you talk to the right person at the clinic. "I need this shot, this shot, this shot and I need it all documented on this form. That's what, $28?"

The lab test was for the chicken pox (varicella antibodies test) so just make sure it's documented on the form as well. "She got a chcikn pox when childhood." (Doesn't have to be perfect English, just as long as the Indian guy working at the clinic can read it.)

Well, this is nice. Masha has her medical exam in 35 minutes... Chicken pox is NOT required by the list from the Moscow US embassy web site. She has all vaccinations that they require in that list, and again, chicken pox is not one of them. Maybe for the AOS... arghhh :crying: r u sure?

Well, this is nice. Masha has her medical exam in 35 minutes... Chicken pox is NOT required by the list from the Moscow US embassy web site. She has all vaccinations that they require in that list, and again, chicken pox is not one of them. Maybe for the AOS... arghhh :crying: r u sure?

Yeah I'm sure. That's why we spent the better part of two days going to the doctor and lab and then back to the doctor.

What I would suggest to you is to have someone over there make her an "official" DS-3025 prior to coming here to the U.S. and that it includes "she had a chickn pox during child" or something to that effect and then an official stamp or messy signature (she could probably do that herself if push came to shove) where the Dr. is supposed to sign.

This is kind of a weird process and I didn't even know about it until we applied for AOS. Thankfully my wife had a copy of her DS-3025 at her mom's house and her sister scanned it and then e-mailed it to us. We went to the civil surgeon and he told her she still needed a Hepatitus(?) shot (also what the medical exam and interview told her) and the varicella antibodies test (which neither the medical check nor the embassy ever mentioned anything about.) So, we had to track down a lab that did that test, get it done, wait for the results, and then take them back to the doctor for him to see. He informed us that had her doctor written on the DS-3025 that she "hada the chcikn pox before sometime" that he could've just signed the form and she would've been on her way. But, he needed proof, or the word of another doctor.

That "word of another doctor" part seems to be the part that could most easily be "proven" over there in Russia. I'm not telling you to fabricate anything, I'm just saying that it's probably going to be easier (more practical and cheaper) to get it done on her end. Provided you can explain this whole situation to her.

Good luck, and if it doesn't get done, no big deal, you'll just have to tie up all the loose ends over here in the U.S. Don't feel like this is something that "has to get done" before she comes here, just be aware of it and what you're going to have to do in the future.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.