M3wThr33

A few I-129F Questions

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I finally got the final papers I needed from fiancée, mainly the signed G325A and the letter of intent. I already had a passport style photo of her that we took recently.

Anyways, the questions.

1) As for proof, I just want a confirmation of having good enough stuff. (Completely subjective, I know. I guess I want to know if you would feel safe with this.)

5 photos of us. Dated, located and named on the back. 2 of them will have accompanying copies of dated pairs of ticket stubs. (1 concert and 1 movie theater) Do those matter at all? There's no names on them, but dates and the fact that there's 2 of them.

Her W-2 from when she worked at a nearby restaurant.

A pair of voided checks from Washington Mutual, to show we bank together? Same bank, but different nearby branches.

Named and dated baggage claim ticket stubs from Southwest Airlines from our trip to California.

Paystub showing date and address of other job she had

I also have dated checking statements showing her ATM withdrawls and other random shopping things near me, including paying for rent in my apartment complex.

And for the hell of it, I'll throw in 2 printed emails from GMail between us and a screenshot of a few days worth of Skype calls.

Outside of that, there's not much more I could get unless I resort to letters from friends and family or something.

1b) I can't really think of anything else that has our names together, aside from that one flight. We drove most of the time. Also, is this more about proving she was in my area or with me? It seems like I covered both of them, but not in the same piece of evidence.

1c) This would be so much easier if I could just send video somehow. I can't send a DVD or anything, right? Has anyone tried? I have craploads of videos recorded with my phone. I could easily convert them into something playable. Flipbook?

2) Why are so many people sending in foreign birth certificates and passports when it doesn't seem to be required? Covering bases? I have a scan of her first page, but that's about it. I have a feeling if I get an RFE, from what I read, I'm going to need to get that from her.

3) A standard 9x12 manilla envelope is fine to send this in?

4) Any special Russian things I should worry about? (I guess not right now for the first step...)

5) I've only been employed since February of this year, so I've never filed any tax returns. (Yes, 24, I finished college and spent a year sick) I make about $45,000 annually, not including overtime, plus I'm getting a raise next month. I just bought a new car and have a credit score of 792. I've had the same checking account at Washington Mutual for the last 6 years. By the time of HER interview, when this comes up, should I look into getting my dad as a co-sponsor?

6) Just to be sure, is it ok to write with pen on the G-325As? On what Katia sent me, I used "--" instead of "N/A" on the form and wonder if I should write over it.

Thanks for your time. Tomorrow I'll get some of the post-it note arrows so I can properly point this stuff out on the proof.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
I finally got the final papers I needed from fiancée, mainly the signed G325A and the letter of intent. I already had a passport style photo of her that we took recently.

Anyways, the questions.

1) As for proof, I just want a confirmation of having good enough stuff. (Completely subjective, I know. I guess I want to know if you would feel safe with this.)

5 photos of us. Dated, located and named on the back. 2 of them will have accompanying copies of dated pairs of ticket stubs. (1 concert and 1 movie theater) Do those matter at all? There's no names on them, but dates and the fact that there's 2 of them.

Her W-2 from when she worked at a nearby restaurant.

A pair of voided checks from Washington Mutual, to show we bank together? Same bank, but different nearby branches.

Named and dated baggage claim ticket stubs from Southwest Airlines from our trip to California.

Paystub showing date and address of other job she had

I also have dated checking statements showing her ATM withdrawls and other random shopping things near me, including paying for rent in my apartment complex.

And for the hell of it, I'll throw in 2 printed emails from GMail between us and a screenshot of a few days worth of Skype calls.

Outside of that, there's not much more I could get unless I resort to letters from friends and family or something.

1b) I can't really think of anything else that has our names together, aside from that one flight. We drove most of the time. Also, is this more about proving she was in my area or with me? It seems like I covered both of them, but not in the same piece of evidence.

1c) This would be so much easier if I could just send video somehow. I can't send a DVD or anything, right? Has anyone tried? I have craploads of videos recorded with my phone. I could easily convert them into something playable. Flipbook?

2) Why are so many people sending in foreign birth certificates and passports when it doesn't seem to be required? Covering bases? I have a scan of her first page, but that's about it. I have a feeling if I get an RFE, from what I read, I'm going to need to get that from her.

3) A standard 9x12 manilla envelope is fine to send this in?

4) Any special Russian things I should worry about? (I guess not right now for the first step...)

5) I've only been employed since February of this year, so I've never filed any tax returns. (Yes, 24, I finished college and spent a year sick) I make about $45,000 annually, not including overtime, plus I'm getting a raise next month. I just bought a new car and have a credit score of 792. I've had the same checking account at Washington Mutual for the last 6 years. By the time of HER interview, when this comes up, should I look into getting my dad as a co-sponsor?

6) Just to be sure, is it ok to write with pen on the G-325As? On what Katia sent me, I used "--" instead of "N/A" on the form and wonder if I should write over it.

Thanks for your time. Tomorrow I'll get some of the post-it note arrows so I can properly point this stuff out on the proof.

I assume you are sending the petition for K1, not K3, right? Thus, your evidence is a bit of overkill. Save excessive prove for Katia to take to the embassy. All they need at this stage is proof that you two have met in the last two years. If it helps, all we sent was couple pics together, boarding passes from the trip we took to Jamaica last September and our Carnival Cruise IDs showing same cabin from last year :). If she lived/worked near you and you spent some time dating, just pics, boarding passes for the same flight and adjoining seats should be plenty to prove you've seen her at least once. Do not send anything multimedia, and your concerts/movie stabs are no proof, since there are no names. Loose those, but to give yourself peace of mind, keep the emails and skype chat log :).

Do not worry about her birthcertificate either :)

Am not sure about writing on the signed form, mabye somebody else will be more helpful

As to co-sponsor, evaluate your income against the poverty guidelines in effect when your petition will be approved and decide if you are short and need a co-sponsor.

Best of luck = Udachi :)

7829087.gif

07-22-2006 Met in Florida

09-02-2006 Been together ever since

12-09-2007 My visa expired, trip back home

01-16-2008 Dave visited me in Ukraine

04-22-2008 I-129F mailed out to Vermont

05-20-2008 I-129F returned

05-22-2008 Second attempt at filing I-129F

05-23-2008 Received by Mr. Novak

05-29-2008 NOA1 (6 days)

06-09-2008 Touched (Yay, violated for the 1st time)

07-02-2008 Touched again!!!

07-03-2008 Touched again!!!

08-29-2008 Dave's 2nd trip to Ukraine!

09-25-2008 NOA2 (126 days)

09-26-2008 Touched

09-??-2008 NVC Received

09-30-2008 NVC Left

10-02-2008 Noa2 hardcopy in the mail

10-03-2008 Embassy Received

11-05-2008 Medical

11-07-2008 Interview

11-14-2008 Visa Received

11-17-2008 Flight to Orlando :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.