Cam

Help with translation

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Yep it's me again. I got a letter today from Russia. It's all in Russian. The only thing I can read is my name and address. I scanned it into my computer I was wondering if I could send it to someone here. And maybe you could help me. I tried an online Russian to English translator but it keeps saying no matches.

Thanks,

Cam :dance:

Filed: Timeline
Yep it's me again. I got a letter today from Russia. It's all in Russian. The only thing I can read is my name and address. I scanned it into my computer I was wondering if I could send it to someone here. And maybe you could help me. I tried an online Russian to English translator but it keeps saying no matches.

Thanks,

Hello!

This is Galina, I think I can help you! Sent a message on my account and I'll see what I can do.

I'm assuming you tried the online translator where you scanned the letter and attempted to translate that via the web. That probably won't work... however, what you can do is take the time to type it out in Russian on the online translator, and that will work. Prompt/Paralink has a Russian keyboard that you can use to type with. Use that for Russian - English translation. Should work.

Or.... I can go ahead and tell you what the letter says:

Cam,

I'm so glad that you took an interest in me. I am a smart and beautiful and caring woman who just wants to be happy with a man like you. Perhaps we can make our relationship together in your home. I hope to someday have many children and a happy family together with you. You seem like a very caring and nice man. Please write me back whenever you can or call me at (7) 495-097-37845. With warmest regards....

Cheburashka

Before everyone gets all pissed off here.... I was just joking with the letter thing. But seriously, what do all people say when they're corresponding for the first time?

I know I may have dropped some lines like that when I was first trying to hook up with Elena. Although, we were in person, so it was probably more of the standard (guy trying to get laid) BS. "Baby you're so beautiful. I'm really into you. We should hang out sometime." And so on, and so on, and so on. That every woman has heard ad nauseum. Even from me!

Good luck Cam. Really though, try typing it into the paralink site. That oughta do it.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Thanks,

I can help as well if you need:)

Eva.

I-130 approved in 113 days

NVC Processing

07.11.06 Case number assigned

07.24.06 DS 3032/AOS Bill Generated

07.26.2006 DS 3032 via email

07.28.2006 AOS fee paid and overnighted

07.29.06 NVC confirmed getting choice of agent

07.31.2006 Recieved actual AOS/DS 3032 bill via regular mail

07.31.2006 IV Bill generated

08.05.2006 IV bill recieved

08.11.2006 IV Bill Paid sent by mail

08.26.2006 Finally got Affidavit papers by mail

08.28.2006 Sent Affidavit by mail

ticker.png

ticker.png

7.17.2006 Replied to IMBRA RFE 07.18.2006 Touched ( I guess they recieved RFE) 07.24.2006 Touched

7.26.2006 Touched again 7.28.06 Touched again (they keep sending it to the old address) This case is stuck!

ticker.png

Ever get it translated?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

She must've had to find Natalia's e-mail address too!

Русский форум член.

Timeline
She must've had to find Natalia's e-mail address too!

You are silly. Natalia- is me:)

Cam emailed me the scanned letter and I translated - it was handwritten.

It would be weird if she suddenly had my email address:)

Seems like an older lady from a small little tiny town. Someone used her name and address....eh....

It's kind of sad that someone would be scamming like that.

Natalia.

Eva.

NVC Processing

ticker.png

ticker.png

7.17.2006 Replied to IMBRA RFE 07.18.2006 Touched ( I guess they recieved RFE) 07.24.2006 Touched

7.26.2006 Touched again 7.28.06 Touched again (they keep sending it to the old address) This case is stuck!

ticker.png

That's a pretty simple scam really. If they send out 100 letters, and only get 1 reply, it was all worth it.

Speaking of scams... I always get junk e-mail from a sender called "eva malhova" who is sending me ads for hoodia weight reducers. "Act now and drop 10 pounds this week with Hoodia!" The internet is a crazy thing! There are a lot of scams out there.

Русский форум член.

Timeline
Speaking of scams... I always get junk e-mail from a sender called "eva malhova" who is sending me ads for hoodia weight reducers.

I keep getting similar junk e-mail, from someone named Tatiana...

-- This is a personal joke for Natalia (Eva Malahova). :P

True story:

When I first visited Russia a few years ago (on business), I became fascinated with what I saw there. At that time, I didn't know diddly about Russia (I thought Russian teenagers slept in their beds fully clothed) or the fact that many relationships existed between Russians and Americans. I met a couple of ladies whom I later determined to be scammers. I actually traveled to Russia a couple times to be with one of them, which wasn't all bad - but, her true colors eventually showed. Then I decided to make one final attempt to try to meet someone from there with whom I could have a meaningful relationship, and that's when I met my wonderful wife, Ksenia. (F)

If it weren't for my being scammed originally, I may never have met Ksenia. (L)

from Andrew

Timeline

Speaking of scams... I always get junk e-mail from a sender called "eva malhova" who is sending me ads for hoodia weight reducers.

I keep getting similar junk e-mail, from someone named Tatiana...

-- This is a personal joke for Natalia (Eva Malahova). :P

Well - is there a way for me to change my screen name here? I do not think there is..:( I don't want to be a well known spammer:))

Eva.

NVC Processing

ticker.png

ticker.png

ticker.png

Your name is spelled slightly different, so for now you're safe. But, if you start trying to sell me some weight loss #######.....

Русский форум член.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.