shiri

How long have you and your loved one been separated?

65 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi lenina and Bren, sorry I haven't had a positive attitude or kind words for anyone for such a long time but is seems that my mind has been corrupted by this process. It is my own fault we are in this predictament or half my fault, Debbie is the person that shares the other half.

Mumsie, Sharon still is not well enough to travel long distances,it may take a while yet for that to happen. As for montreal I contacted the USCIS ombudsman and they said there was nothing they could do but I definately should contact a lawyer regarding Debbie's observations and notations in my file. We are on the verge of abandoning our persuit of the visa, presently I am looking for a house here and we have started the process to get Sharon her PR here whichh she could get before Vermont and Montreal make their decission regarding our future.

09/20/2006 - Sent I-129F

09/22/2006 - Received at NSC
09/28/2006 - NOA-1 (1-797C date )

10/02/2006 - Cheque cashed

10/02/2006 - NOA 1 (I-797C recieved in the mail)

12/08/2006 - NOA-2 in 79 days

12/13/2006 - NOA-2 hard copy recieved

12/26/2006 - Package recieved by NVC

12/30/2006 - Received by Montreal

01/22/2007 - Received Packet 3

04/16/2007 - Returned Packet 3

08/02/2007 - Received medical documentation

08/07/2007 - Received Interview date Aug. 9th

08/09/2007 - Received I-601 and 212 (not approved yet)

02/17/2008 - I-601 approved 212 abandoned

06/2?/2009 - New medical and passport and doc sent to Mtl

07/22/2009 - Recieved request for DS-221 and notarized letter of intent

07/31/2009 - Montreal recieves thier final requested doc.

09/01/2009 - Visa approved and mail out today

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Last time I saw my husband was 57 days ago and before that 365...Dang it all :crying:

I was just wondering how long it has been for most of you since you have last seen your significant other? It has been 79 days for me.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

5 months and a week

12-14-07 Sent K-1 petition

12-17-07 Received NOA1

01-06-08 Got engaged!!!

02-21-08 NOA2 Approved

02-27-08 NVC processed petition

02-28-08 Received NOA2 in mail

03-03-08 Consulate in Rio de Janeiro received petition

03-21-08 Received packet for interview

04-22-08 Visa Interview and Visa APPROVED!

05-06-08 Visa received in mail

07-28-08 Wedding Date (Reception was 26th, but forgot to reigster for MC...oops)

10-04-08 Applied for AOS (EAD and AP also)

10-09-08 NOA1 for I-485

10-27-08 I-485 transferred to CSC

11-04-08 I-485 Biometrics appointment

11-13-08 NOA1 for EAD

12-09-08 EAD Biometrics appointment

01-08-09 AP Approved

01-13-09 AP Received

Cost of 3 roundtrip tickets to Brazil in last 3 years...... $2,900+

Cost of filing petitions for K-1 visa & AOS.................... $1,465+

Cost of monthly calling cards to Brazil........................$20

Cost of marrying the woman of my dreams.... PRICELESS

.png

That's the boat I'm in Laura. I last saw him on March 4th and I'll pick him up in Vancouver on July 16th. That's 4 1/2 months? That is the longest apart. We've managed to see each other every 3-4 months the last 2 and a half years. We've been, I think, extremely blessed because we've had schedules that allow long vacations (I teach and he works for a university while getting his MS) and we've had lots of savings (now seriously depleted) and airline miles.

The time apart was tough. There were a few times that I honestly didn't know how we were going to make it. But the realization has been slowly sinking in that THIS IS IT. No more goodbyes after this.

I had a bridal shower today and my feeling was "wait....this is really happening!"

Best of luck at your interview, Laura. And to everyone else still waiting....big hugs and blessings.

This is it...no more good bye's.

Life is so wonderful sometimes and it goes by all too quickly.

Enjoy each and every second....

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

We're just going through our longest time apart between meetings. My fiancee was up here with her son for spring break, the week following Easter. They drove back on March 29th. I'll finally visit her starting July 8th. This is the first time we've really had longer than two months between visits, but neither of our schedules worked out in May. (Those things called jobs can be so annoying!)

Fortunately, this will be a long visit. I'm using all my holiday time and attending a conference while I'm down there, so I'll be there a couple of days short of a month. So hopefully it will be more like living there than "vacation," and it'll be nice to have a longer stint like that together, before I move there next year.

I think the plans are for me to visit again in October and again over the Christmas holidays (though that's hampered a bit, since I'm a church organist, so I can't get away until after the day itself; last year, I flew down on Boxing Day.)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.