Gulskjegg

Notice of Action or Biometrics Appointment?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Ok, we sent in my wifes N-400 on the 3rd of June. On the 9th of June we got a NOA letter. I assume that our application was ok, otherwise the USCIS would not have sent a NOA, but I could be wrong.

My question is, where is the biometrics letter? I thought you got the NOA and the appointment at the same time. Is it two letters? How far apart are the letters? Days? Weeks? Months? Years? I hope we get a letter this week giving us a biometrics date.

Any input would be appreciated.

May 27, 2009: N-400 Window Opens

June 2, 2008: N-400 Sent

June 3, 2008: N-400 Received at Nebraska Service Center

June 13, 2008: NOA1

June 16, 2008: Biometrics letter

June 24th, 2008: Biometrics Appointment

July 7th, 2008: Called FBI, verified that biometrics check has been completed and returned to USCIS

August 26th, 2008: N-400 Interview Passed

September 18th, 2008: Swearing in, Billings Montana

Send Expedited 14-day passport paperwork???

Ok, we sent in my wifes N-400 on the 3rd of June. On the 9th of June we got a NOA letter. I assume that our application was ok, otherwise the USCIS would not have sent a NOA, but I could be wrong.

My question is, where is the biometrics letter? I thought you got the NOA and the appointment at the same time. Is it two letters? How far apart are the letters? Days? Weeks? Months? Years? I hope we get a letter this week giving us a biometrics date.

Any input would be appreciated.

I have the opposite problem. Sent N-400 on May 20th, got biometrics letter last week with biometrics appointment for Friday June 20th, but no NOA letter. I was going to post and ask if anyone got biometrics but not NOA. I wonder if my letter is lost.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Correction, I got the biometrics letter in todays mail, its scheduled for next week. If I had not gotten my NOA letter, I would certainly call the USCIS office in my area. But, you can always ask about that when you do biometrics.

Ok, I just looked at both the NOA and the biometrics letter. The biometrics letter seems to have a bit more info on it, but the LIN number is identical. So, I would not be panicked about not getting it.

Basically, you have the more important letter of the two. But, again, ask about it when you go in to the office.

Edited by Gulskjegg

May 27, 2009: N-400 Window Opens

June 2, 2008: N-400 Sent

June 3, 2008: N-400 Received at Nebraska Service Center

June 13, 2008: NOA1

June 16, 2008: Biometrics letter

June 24th, 2008: Biometrics Appointment

July 7th, 2008: Called FBI, verified that biometrics check has been completed and returned to USCIS

August 26th, 2008: N-400 Interview Passed

September 18th, 2008: Swearing in, Billings Montana

Send Expedited 14-day passport paperwork???

Correction, I got the biometrics letter in todays mail, its scheduled for next week. If I had not gotten my NOA letter, I would certainly call the USCIS office in my area. But, you can always ask about that when you do biometrics.

Ok, I just looked at both the NOA and the biometrics letter. The biometrics letter seems to have a bit more info on it, but the LIN number is identical. So, I would not be panicked about not getting it.

Basically, you have the more important letter of the two. But, again, ask about it when you go in to the office.

Glad you got yours. Thanks, I will call this week to see what is wrong.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Glad you got yours. Thanks, I will call this week to see what is wrong.

We receive the receipt and biometrics exactly the same day from Nebraska, but in two different envelopes. There was room in either letter for the other form and both forms in the same envelop weighed less than an ounce. USCIS could have saved a stamp.

It's my guess whoever checks the application tells one person to send the receipt, another to send the biometrics appointment, and maybe one or the other was on break. I carefully check these when they come in for any errors, so far they have been dead on, spelling of the name, receipt and alien numbers, and the address.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.