flavaofsummer

this is what i want u to explain about immigration folks

27 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
heard the saying "easier said then done" ? you know my situation based on the many posts i wrote so seriously tell me how i can change this. sounds like if u were me u would have alot of options? ok ur me.,. you have 2 kids a 3 year old and a 2 month baby..and we all know how babies r.. they cry they poop they pee they barf they dont want to be let down in the crib due to boredom ,they like to play all night long..and 3 year olds think of new things every 10 seconds and want u to go find their certain toy that they now remember they had and u have to go and take everything out just to look for that toy he will play with for 5 mins then ask u for something new..and more things he needes done aside toys.. seriously im waiting for ur answer on what u would do if u were me..maybe ill like ur answer who knows..

Could it be you already made your choices? Sounds like least you have parents that are giving you a home for you and your children. Dad left my mom with a new born and a two year old, was eleven at the time. She took me to her mom's home and asked if she could move in with us kids, her mom said, and I remember this like yesterday, you made your bed, so lie in it.

Filed: Timeline
heard the saying "easier said then done" ? you know my situation based on the many posts i wrote so seriously tell me how i can change this. sounds like if u were me u would have alot of options? ok ur me.,. you have 2 kids a 3 year old and a 2 month baby..and we all know how babies r.. they cry they poop they pee they barf they dont want to be let down in the crib due to boredom ,they like to play all night long..and 3 year olds think of new things every 10 seconds and want u to go find their certain toy that they now remember they had and u have to go and take everything out just to look for that toy he will play with for 5 mins then ask u for something new..and more things he needes done aside toys.. seriously im waiting for ur answer on what u would do if u were me..maybe ill like ur answer who knows..

Could it be you already made your choices? Sounds like least you have parents that are giving you a home for you and your children. Dad left my mom with a new born and a two year old, was eleven at the time. She took me to her mom's home and asked if she could move in with us kids, her mom said, and I remember this like yesterday, you made your bed, so lie in it.

after hearing ur grandma say this at a rough time in ur moms life how do u feel about her? cuz family is who helps you especially a mother..thats sad! but that probably changed you no?

No offence, flava, but it really looks like a case of "same thread, different day".

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...32393&st=15

Few details on country of origin etc might help.

LOL why even reply? bored?

Timeline
after hearing ur grandma say this at a rough time in ur moms life how do u feel about her? cuz family is who helps you especially a mother..thats sad! but that probably changed you no?

Think I left out the detail about my mom having seven kids, mom got a part time job at night, us five older ones got paper routes, it worked out okay, we survived and very close with my three sisters and three brothers. Mom died 13 years after that incident.

Also had my share of kids, was guardian of three, adopted two babies, had four of my own, and two step children, believe that adds up to eleven. Gloria, George, Mike, Chris, Kathy, Vicki, Nick II, Jonathan, Nicole, Juan, and Sabrina, hey, that's pretty good even to remember them all.

Babies are very nice, it's when they become teenagers they can keep you up all night, LOL. Keep up your spirits.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

No offence, flava, but it really looks like a case of "same thread, different day".

he replied because he wanted to point out that you, as others, post the same thread more than once, and yet you complain about other people doing it.

good luck with your expectations of the citizenship changing the way your babies behave!

met online: August, 2002 - yahoo music chat room

met in real life: July, 2004 - Venice, Italy

K1

filed @NSC - Sept. 2004 / approved - Jan. 2005

married: April 2005

AOS

May 2005 - applied for AOS - Chicago

transferred to CSC - approved without interview: October, 2005

REMOVAL of Conditional Status

received on 09/10/2007 @ NSC- transferred to CSC again

check cleared: 09/29/2007

NOA1 in the mail: 10/02/2007 (notice date: 09/10/2007)

biometrics: 11/01/2007

10 year card production ordered: 12/03/2007

approval notice sent: 12/07/2007

10 year card received in the mail: 12/10/2007

Application for NATURALIZATION

sent off to NSC: 07/17/2008

07/19 - delivered at NSC - at 2 AM

07/24 - check cleared

07/28 - received NOA1 (dated 07/21) - expected wait time until interview - 240 days

08/14 - biometrics appointment

10/20 - naturalization interview appointment! - APPROVED!

11/12 - oath ceremony - CHECK!

and we are done with USCIS! yaooohoooo!!!! :)

he replied because he wanted to point out that you, as others, post the same thread more than once, and yet you complain about other people doing it.

good luck with your expectations of the citizenship changing the way your babies behave!

u dont own this forum i can post all i want..and if u see my name dont reply no ones making u..and plz act a little mature even if it seems rather arduous ..thanks

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

u dont own this forum i can post all i want..and if u see my name dont reply no ones making u..and plz act a little mature even if it seems rather arduous ..thanks

you asked a question, i answered it :whistle:

met online: August, 2002 - yahoo music chat room

met in real life: July, 2004 - Venice, Italy

K1

filed @NSC - Sept. 2004 / approved - Jan. 2005

married: April 2005

AOS

May 2005 - applied for AOS - Chicago

transferred to CSC - approved without interview: October, 2005

REMOVAL of Conditional Status

received on 09/10/2007 @ NSC- transferred to CSC again

check cleared: 09/29/2007

NOA1 in the mail: 10/02/2007 (notice date: 09/10/2007)

biometrics: 11/01/2007

10 year card production ordered: 12/03/2007

approval notice sent: 12/07/2007

10 year card received in the mail: 12/10/2007

Application for NATURALIZATION

sent off to NSC: 07/17/2008

07/19 - delivered at NSC - at 2 AM

07/24 - check cleared

07/28 - received NOA1 (dated 07/21) - expected wait time until interview - 240 days

08/14 - biometrics appointment

10/20 - naturalization interview appointment! - APPROVED!

11/12 - oath ceremony - CHECK!

and we are done with USCIS! yaooohoooo!!!! :)

Timeline

flavaofsummer is not a very popular handle, one flavaofsummer asked he question about getting a friend here from India, using that u r 4 shorthand, another one hates her mother and sister-in-laws, yet another is trying to get a work visa for her friend in India all written in chat shorthand.

Even another flavaofsummer is trying to buy baby clothes with getting ripped off, LOL, just spent over a hundred bucks for a baby shower, and wife is invited to another, can share that question. And the last is trying to loose a few pounds, good carbs and bad carbs, what is that anyway. I should lose about ten pounds, maybe spending a month in a concentration camp would work.

But I am sure none of these flavaofsummer's are you. But you do have an interesting situation, didn't you say you got your PR card when you were 3 years old and just recently applied for citizenship, kind of says you are an immigrant yourself, you have to be at least 16 years of age to have two kids, but if you were married for five years, at least 18 years of age. So judging by that and with a PR card, had to get a foreign passport and since you are trying to get your husband here, and he doesn't even have a visa, you had to travel to that foreign country to meet him, get married, and even make more trips to get pregnant.

I am sure you have a very interesting story to tell, ha, better than a soap box opera. So is your husband in India, or is that somebody else? Don't have to answer that.

Ha, like reading your posts, learning how to read shorthand.

First, when you call the call center - those are not immigration officers. Those people have one job and they do it well: Read the script and do not go off of it. When you ask them for information they go to http://www.uscis.gov/ and read what is there. They will not look anywhere else and will not tell you anything else, no matter if they have additional evidence or not. They used to be better, but these days - although they answer the phone faster - they are #######. They are ran by a Lockheed Martin call center and have no authority to do anything but punch in requests if it is outside the "time line" and tell you what the website says.

However, sometimes, in rare circumstances what you request will trigger a flag that will have them forward you to an actual Immigration Officer. This ability is typically reserved for Immigration Attorneys and even then is VERY rarely done. When you do get forwarded to an officer, you are often put on hold for up to 3 or 4 hours [the shortest I have ever experienced is 43 minutes, yes 43 minutes - I keep track].

InfoPass appointments can provide you with more information - but again, they are restricted. The smartest thing you can ever do with them is say, "Can I have that in writing?" Get them to print it out, write it down, sign it, and give it to you. Then you have something to refer back to. Do not be surprised if they laugh and tell you, "No, I am not authorized to do that." You can be obstinate - but eventually they can and will throw your ### out of their lounge.

Second, dates and times constantly change. It all depends on volume, political climate, and staffing. If any variable changes things will swing dramatically forward or backward in time. Some offices are more backlogged than others. Live with it. You cannot do anything other than keep making inquiries until after the time has passed.

Finally, As for your Senators? If it is a delay, they really cannot do anything to help you. Sorry, but that is the truth. They will bust their asses to try to help you out - but maybe 1 in every 800 times do they get any actual results. They are overworked, understaffed, and overpayed. It isn't even the actual Senator that helps you - it is an aid. The aids are very kind, compassionate people who want to help you out. Some Senators actually have aids dedicated to immigration issues; many do not.

The best thing you can do is be a complete THORN in immigrations side and write them a letter 7 days after the last "please wait for a response" time period has expired.

Additionally, you might want to take a serious read of this regulation:

8 CFR 103.2:  Applications, petitions, and other documents:
(B) Evidence and processing ---
(18) Withholding adjudication. A district director may authorize withholding adjudication of a visa petition or other application if the district director determines that an investigation has been undertaken involving a matter relating to eligibility or the exercise of discretion, where applicable, in connection with the application or petition, and that the disclosure of information to the applicant or petitioner in connection with the adjudication of the application or petition would prejudice the ongoing investigation. If an investigation has been undertaken and has not been completed within one year of its inception, the district director shall review the matter and determine whether adjudication of the petition or application should be held in abeyance for six months or until the investigation is completed, whichever comes sooner. If, after six months of the district director's determination, the investigation has not been completed, the matter shall be reviewed again by the district director and, if he/she concludes that more time is needed to complete the investigation, adjudication may be held in abeyance for up to another six months. If the investigation is not completed at the end of that time, the matter shall be referred to the regional commissioner, who may authorize that adjudication be held in abeyance for another six months. Thereafter, if the Associate Commissioner, Examinations, with the concurrence of the Associate Commissioner, Enforcement, determines it is necessary to continue to withhold adjudication pending completion of the investigation, he/she shall review that determination every six months.

That means that CIS can legally delay on making a decision about your case for a minimum of THREE YEARS! It is entirely possible to ignore this and file Mandamus - but you have to have a clear right to adjudication of your case within a reasonable time. It is doable, it does exist, it does work - but a lot of the cases get thrown out for being frivolous by people who do not know how to file them correctly and do not spend the hours necessary in a law library to do their research. It takes at least a week to fully research these issues, know everything about them, and get something done.

Good luck!

Edited by maztec

I am not a lawyer. I am familiar with the immigration process, but any questions I answer are not advice or represented as being true for your situation in any form or manner. I am not liable if you read what I have written and act upon it. Do your own research, ask an attorney for assistance, and make up your own mind. Nevertheless, I may attempt to answer questions from time to time to give you an idea of what to search for in finding out your answer.

First, when you call the call center - those are not immigration officers. Those people have one job and they do it well: Read the script and do not go off of it. When you ask them for information they go to http://www.uscis.gov/ and read what is there. They will not look anywhere else and will not tell you anything else, no matter if they have additional evidence or not. They used to be better, but these days - although they answer the phone faster - they are #######. They are ran by a Lockheed Martin call center and have no authority to do anything but punch in requests if it is outside the "time line" and tell you what the website says.

However, sometimes, in rare circumstances what you request will trigger a flag that will have them forward you to an actual Immigration Officer. This ability is typically reserved for Immigration Attorneys and even then is VERY rarely done. When you do get forwarded to an officer, you are often put on hold for up to 3 or 4 hours [the shortest I have ever experienced is 43 minutes, yes 43 minutes - I keep track].

InfoPass appointments can provide you with more information - but again, they are restricted. The smartest thing you can ever do with them is say, "Can I have that in writing?" Get them to print it out, write it down, sign it, and give it to you. Then you have something to refer back to. Do not be surprised if they laugh and tell you, "No, I am not authorized to do that." You can be obstinate - but eventually they can and will throw your ### out of their lounge.

Second, dates and times constantly change. It all depends on volume, political climate, and staffing. If any variable changes things will swing dramatically forward or backward in time. Some offices are more backlogged than others. Live with it. You cannot do anything other than keep making inquiries until after the time has passed.

Finally, As for your Senators? If it is a delay, they really cannot do anything to help you. Sorry, but that is the truth. They will bust their asses to try to help you out - but maybe 1 in every 800 times do they get any actual results. They are overworked, understaffed, and overpayed. It isn't even the actual Senator that helps you - it is an aid. The aids are very kind, compassionate people who want to help you out. Some Senators actually have aids dedicated to immigration issues; many do not.

The best thing you can do is be a complete THORN in immigrations side and write them a letter 7 days after the last "please wait for a response" time period has expired.

Additionally, you might want to take a serious read of this regulation:

8 CFR 103.2:  Applications, petitions, and other documents:
(B) Evidence and processing ---
(18) Withholding adjudication. A district director may authorize withholding adjudication of a visa petition or other application if the district director determines that an investigation has been undertaken involving a matter relating to eligibility or the exercise of discretion, where applicable, in connection with the application or petition, and that the disclosure of information to the applicant or petitioner in connection with the adjudication of the application or petition would prejudice the ongoing investigation. If an investigation has been undertaken and has not been completed within one year of its inception, the district director shall review the matter and determine whether adjudication of the petition or application should be held in abeyance for six months or until the investigation is completed, whichever comes sooner. If, after six months of the district director's determination, the investigation has not been completed, the matter shall be reviewed again by the district director and, if he/she concludes that more time is needed to complete the investigation, adjudication may be held in abeyance for up to another six months. If the investigation is not completed at the end of that time, the matter shall be referred to the regional commissioner, who may authorize that adjudication be held in abeyance for another six months. Thereafter, if the Associate Commissioner, Examinations, with the concurrence of the Associate Commissioner, Enforcement, determines it is necessary to continue to withhold adjudication pending completion of the investigation, he/she shall review that determination every six months.

That means that CIS can legally delay on making a decision about your case for a minimum of THREE YEARS! It is entirely possible to ignore this and file Mandamus - but you have to have a clear right to adjudication of your case within a reasonable time. It is doable, it does exist, it does work - but a lot of the cases get thrown out for being frivolous by people who do not know how to file them correctly and do not spend the hours necessary in a law library to do their research. It takes at least a week to fully research these issues, know everything about them, and get something done.

Good luck!

thanks maztec for taking the time to reply. I will wait and I'll get the IL im not outside the processing times so hopefully everything will go well but as u know when we apply we dont do it thinking that they will take forever to give us the interview knowing that the case is so simple theres no need to be placed on hold.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

An excellent point. No replies from myself from here on then, as per your request. Not arduous in the least.

Best of luck with your situation and all your future posts.

Timeline

Not arduous in the least.

Ha, would be quite arduous if they made us fly to Washington D. C. and stand in line for over a year.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.