Shari

Current Vonage Customers

22 posts in this topic

here's what i did with my vonage account. at first, vonage was the cheapest alternative next to calling cards calling the philippines at .19 cents/minute (cell) plus monthly fee. next i found www.gorillamobile.com. their rate is $6 a year and .17 cents/minute for cell and .14 cents/minute. i then took a trip last month and brought my vonage adaptor with me. my wife has DSL for home and cable for their business. her cousins also have DSL. so internet is fairly accessible in our situation.

i then setup the vonage acct. for $25/month for the unlimited. now i can call her locally and she can call US and canada at no cost. i left the adaptor and we talk unlimited for only $25. it's especially great during nights/weekends coz my cell phone has unlimited usage during those times. also, if i call from home it's still a local call. you can set the vonage phone number to any area code.

hope this helps anyone looking for an alternative solution to their current communication media :dance:

I-130

30-May-2006: Mailed to CSC

31-May-2006: Received

13-Jun-06: NOA1 Date

15-Jun-06: Receieved NOA1 in the mail and cashed check

16-Jun-06: touched

05-Sep-06: I-130 Approved

07-Sep-06: Received NOA2 in the mail

NVC

21-Sep-06: NVC Case # Assigned

02-Oct-06: DS3032 and AOS fee bill generated

03-Oct-06: Emailed DS3032 and mailed AOS bill (James shortcut)

04-Oct-06: AOS bill received in St. Louis at 1:35pm

05-Oct-06: Received email confirmation that NVC accepted the DS3032

06-Oct-06: Money Order cashed for AOS fee bill

09-Oct-06: IV Bill generated

10-Oct-06: Received DS3032 and AOS fee bill (snail mail)

13-Oct-06: I-864 generated

14-Oct-06: Mailed I-864EZ

16-Oct-06: I-864 delivered

20-Oct-06: IV Bill received (snail mail)

21-Oct-06: Mailed IV Bill

23-Oct-06: Received I-864 package (snail mail)

23-Oct-06: NVC received IV Bill

26-Oct-06: Wifey called NVC and they said "I-864 is complete"

26-Oct-06: IV Bill money order cashed

30-Oct-06: DS-230 generated

01-Nov-06: Mailed DS-230

03-Nov-06: NVC receives DS-230 at 11:10am

08-Nov-06: Received DS-230 from NVC (snail mail)

16-Nov-06: NVC case completed

Embassy

5-Feb-07: Received Packet 4 (snail mail)

12-Feb-07: St Lukes exam

13-Feb-07: Got results

24-Feb-07: LAX->MNL

2-Mar-07: Interview at 8:30AM --- AR (NSO verification)

19-Mar-07: USE gets NSO results

21-Mar-07: Visa released

23-Mar-07: Visa delivered (no txt msg or web update from Delbros)

9-May-07: MNL->LAX

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

i've had Vonage since February this year. i left the phone adapter in the Philippines with my fiance. we use it a lot. the only problem would be choppy calls when the DSL service is slow (i don't know what kind but it's not the fastest upload/download speed.) however, that's rare, most of the time the audio is great (we can even hear things from the background that we didn't normally hear when i was calling long distance) sometimes it feels like he's just right around the corner from me. the biggest plus is he gets to call me and i can call him for a flat rate. it's awesome.

Edited by mychelle

Fate is building a bridge of chance for the one you love...

K1 (I-129F) to CSC to Manila Embassy, Philippines

Sent : 01-28-2006 / Interview: 09-14-2006 / POE: 10-11-2006 / Applied for SSN card: 11-17-2006 / Received SSN card: 11-27-2006 / Got Hitched: 11-09-2006 !!!

AOS and EAD Application

Sent via USPS Priority: 11-28-2006 / Received @ Chicago: 12-01-2006 / NOA1 AOS & EAD: 12-06-2006 / Biometrics Appt: 12-22-2006 / Interview Date: 03-13-2007 / EAD Card Production Ordered: 02-15-2007 / EAD Card Sent: 02-20-2007 / EAD Card Received: 02-22-2007

[Approved: 03-13-2007 / GC Received: 03-22-2007 / CA License Issued: 04-12-2007 / Removing Conditions: 12-13-2008]

Removing Conditions

Sent via USPS Priority: 12-19-2008 / Received @ CSC: 12-22-2008 / NOA: 12-25-2008 / Biometrics Appt: 01-14-2009 / Card Production ordered: 02-13-2009 / GC Received: sometime in March 2009

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
:goofy: I am considering Vonage. I had another broadband phone service last year, Lingo, which was #######. A lot of times my broadband would go down after I got Lingo and I had never had that problem before. Whe I finally got rid of Lingo and went back to regular landline phone service, I never had any broadband problems. Also Lingo would just go off line every now and then I wouldn't know it unless someone called my cell phone wondering my my home phone said it was disconnected, etc.

Anyhow,have any of you with Vonage had ANY problems? I see now they are doing free to most European countries and my husband/step-son call UK. My other big question is, is it EASY to get all the lines in the house hooked up? How? My Lingo was horrible if I added more than the original line that came off the back of the router.

I would appreciate any Vonage customers replying. Thanks! :goofy:

I've had Vonage since September of 2004. For the first 6-8 months there were constant problems - mostly with spotty voice mail system crashes, and occasional dropped calls. I have to say that since then I have been overwhelmingly pleased with it. So much so that both Holly and I have it, and I based my company's ( http://www.timetraxtech.com ) entire phone system around Vonage and its very flexible forwarding features. I don't know off the top of my head how many Vonage lines my company has, but I would guess it's more than 8 - with at least as many more virtual numbers, and a couple 800 numbers as well.

My personal Vonage service has a local Cleveland number for Holly, a virtual local Toronto number for everyone here, a virtual local Washington DC number for work, and a virtual Manchester (England) number for my son. Holly's has a Cleveland number, a virtual Toronto number for me, and two more virtual numbers elsewhere in the US for her sisters.

I'm a Vonage proponent. :) I also wrote two Vonage software products that I market through a different company of mine, plug plug plug:

http://www.hollsco.com/Products.asp

Edited by gsmaclean

Filed: Timeline

I have had it (Vonage) since last June or July and I love it. Well, I get annoyed with some things like if the power goes out I don't have a phone or if the broadband is down, or the delay when I'm talking BUT YOU JUST CANNOT BEAT $15 A MONTH FOR A HOME PHONE!!!! Especially since we have a serious monoply going on in my town so there is only ONE phone/cable company here and you can't get anyone else. Those are probably concerns you don't have though since you had a internet phone before. I only have one line so I can't comment on the other part of your question. You can't beat the international rates too if I might add!