jmillien1

interview date in colombia july 1st

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

hey we got our interview date in colombia for july 1st. i was wondering if anyone knows of a place to stay close to the embassy. we will be staying there from the 28th june until the 5th july. any help would be greatly appreciated.

when in Bogota, another housing option for Visa applicants is a rooming house run by a very nice lady Dona Flor.

we found her rates reasonable and the rooms all have private baths with hot water.

I know there are other housing options for Visa applicants in bogota.

this is just another place to consider.

I stayed there with the wife and kids and had a good experience.

the address is Carrera 44C Number 22A-16 Quinta Paredes, Bogota, about 3 blocks from the embassy with plenty of nearby cafes and resturants.

the phone number is 269 8694

we paid about 90 bucks total a night for two seperate rooms with private baths.

breakfast incuded and very good security. nice neighborhood.

by the way, i hope you know that the embassy is closed june 30th for a Colombian holiday, and it is also closed july 4th for the US holiday.

since june 28th is a saturday and june 30th is a holiday, you will not have any time to conduct business such as physicalls, payment of fees, clinic work and other tasks prior to your interview date of july 1st.

i would advise making appointments now for the clinic and medical exams the week of june 23rd.

there is no need to stay in bogota after the july 1st interview sinve the embassy now mails the visa by private currier service, Domesa, and you cannot any longer pick up the visa the following day of the interview.

your time frame for arriving in bogota is all screwed up.

move up your schedule and make your exam appointments now.'

the address and numbers of the doctor's office and clinic office are in the information packet mailed to your novia.

also, be prepared for the exam doctor to claim her vacination records are not up to date and to charge you at least 100 plus dollars to give the extra required shots.

you guys have made reservations for the exams haven't you?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
by the way, i hope you know that the embassy is closed june 30th for a Colombian holiday, and it is also closed july 4th for the US holiday.

since june 28th is a saturday and june 30th is a holiday, you will not have any time to conduct business such as physicalls, payment of fees, clinic work and other tasks prior to your interview date of july 1st.

i would advise making appointments now for the clinic and medical exams the week of june 23rd.

there is no need to stay in bogota after the july 1st interview sinve the embassy now mails the visa by private currier service, Domesa, and you cannot any longer pick up the visa the following day of the interview.

your time frame for arriving in bogota is all screwed up.

move up your schedule and make your exam appointments now.'

the address and numbers of the doctor's office and clinic office are in the information packet mailed to your novia.

also, be prepared for the exam doctor to claim her vacination records are not up to date and to charge you at least 100 plus dollars to give the extra required shots.

you guys have made reservations for the exams haven't you?

she is going on the 24th. i'm meeting here there on the 28th and i'm staying until july 5th becuase i want a vacation.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.