deerman

Do we need to do another medical (I-693) for AOS interview?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi all,

We are having an interview for AOS (started as K-1 fiance visa) in a couple weeks and the interview NOA stated we need an I-693 "unless already submitted." Wasn't this already done before coming to the States (i.e. the embassy interview process)? Do we really need to see another doctor for a medical and blood tests? I don't recall being given anything more than a signed vaccination worksheet before coming to the USA.

Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Deerman

Hi all,

We are having an interview for AOS (started as K-1 fiance visa) in a couple weeks and the interview NOA stated we need an I-693 "unless already submitted." Wasn't this already done before coming to the States (i.e. the embassy interview process)? Do we really need to see another doctor for a medical and blood tests? I don't recall being given anything more than a signed vaccination worksheet before coming to the USA.

Deerman

go to a uscis designated physician ang bring with you the copy of your foreign vaccination sheet and tell the doctor that you need a supplementary copy (I-693a). basically what they will do is just to transfer your previous vaccine history to a new worksheet.

here's the link to find a civil sugeon...

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=of...office_type=CIV

Edited by sweetpink

bunbunard20090713_-6_ETHAN.png

I-751 Lifting Conditions Timeline

April 06, 2010 - mailed I-751 documents via usps express mail(overnight)with delivery confirmation

April 07, 2010 - packet delivered and signed

April 12, 2010 - check was cashed

April 13, 2010 - received NOA1 (dated 04/08/10)

May 07, 2010 - Biometrics

May 10, 2010 - Touched

June 23, 2010 - APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW!!!

DSC00770.jpg

Hi all,

Deerman

go to a uscis designated physician ang bring with you the copy of your foreign vaccination sheet and tell the doctor that you need a supplementary copy (I-693a). basically what they will do is just to transfer your previous vaccine history to a new worksheet.

here's the link to find a civil sugeon...

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=of...office_type=CIV

just want to add to what I said earlier...if you already have submitted your vaccination worksheet together with the rest of AOS documents then I guess you're good now. As a k1 visa holder, if you have done your medical within less than a year from the time you filed for AOS than you are not entitled to do a full medical examination again here in US unless there's lacking in your vaccination that you need to comply. But in my personal case, I just submitted my supplementary form (I-693a) without taking a TD vaccine.

BTW...please fill out your timeline :)

Edited by sweetpink

bunbunard20090713_-6_ETHAN.png

I-751 Lifting Conditions Timeline

April 06, 2010 - mailed I-751 documents via usps express mail(overnight)with delivery confirmation

April 07, 2010 - packet delivered and signed

April 12, 2010 - check was cashed

April 13, 2010 - received NOA1 (dated 04/08/10)

May 07, 2010 - Biometrics

May 10, 2010 - Touched

June 23, 2010 - APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW!!!

DSC00770.jpg

Hi all,

Deerman

A few years back there were several VJers who had to deal with this type of RFE even though the AOS was submitted within 1 year (or less) from the K1 medical. If I remember correctly, the general advise was to go ahead and just do the medical. You can show up at the interview without the new medical and hope that they will have the K1 medical on file or that they will not insist on a new medical. The worse that could happen is that they will require it and they will hold off issuing the green card until you have submitted a new medical.

Suggest you do a search on here for AOS medical and read about the actual experiences of other VJers.

08/17/08: Mailed N400 to TSC

08/19/08: USPS attempted delivery

08/20/08: TSC received N400

08/21/08: TSC cashed check

09/02/08: Received NOA...........Priority date: 08/20/08

..............................................Notice date : 08/22/08

09/02/08: Received Biometrics Notification

09/18/08: Biometrics completed - Charlotte DO

10/24/08: Received Interview Letter

12/08/08: Interview @ 1:00pm. APPROVED!

01/05/09: Oath Ceremony 10:00AM. Now officially a USC!!!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

01/17/09: Applied for US Passport and passport card

01/28/09: Received US Passport

01/29/09: Received US passport card

01/29/09: Received naturalization certificate back from passport office

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.