clairern

July Interviews

53 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Marlita, check here to find out when you should get it:

http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=181665,00.html

Well from that schedule I should of got it May 2nd!! :angry: Whats up wit that? I didnt get nothing. What do i do?

Did you try to Where's my refund link? That gives you info to your specific refund, and if you didn't receive it within 28 days of that date, you can start a refund trace.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello,

Right now I am between inpatient and furious. Not only with this process and the uncertainty of when I will have my ankle surgery since the previous one got cancelled (God knows best/Everything happens for a reason). I can't even travel at this point and AJ can only hold my previously bought ticket from July until 6/24/08. So there goes $300 or else pay the difference in a new ticket and of course the now $100 change fee.

One good thing is that I got the cast off after two months and now have walking boot.

Now back to the NVC...I can only hope and pray for a July interview with everyone else. Our case was completed 4/18. I forgot who posted previously about the 'thousands' of other applicants still waiting that was not a part of the VJ crew. I did not know others existed outside of us...lol :jest:

But I hope and pray that next week our VJ crew gets some great news.

Wanda

USCIS CR1 PROCESS

07.12.07: Mail I-130 to CSC

07.24.07: NOA1

12.06.07: NOA2

NVC

01.04.08: NVC Assigns Case#

AOS Bill Received

IV Bill Received

Mailed out I-864 and DS230 (IV app) packets

04.09.08: NVC received IV Bill & DS230 packets

04.18.08: Case Complete

10.09.08: Medical Exam

10.24.08 : Interview

WE GOT APPROVED ... WE GOT APPROVE...THANKS AND PRAISES.

Timeline

So I checked out the Kingston embassy page and its filled with wack information as usual. It states thar NIV appointments are Monday, Wed, Thurs, and Fri!! :o We have seen most every yardie on VJ have a Tuesday date. So either they are just leaving these family based visas to Tuesdays or their site is completely off. How is this efficient or fair or that matter. If all family based visas are interviewed only on Tuesdays then of course there's gonna be major backlog. All Tuesday dates are blocked off on the Kingston Embassy online appointment page.....leaving me to believe that Tuesday are in deed the family based visa day. Thats ridiculous! :angry::blink:

August does however seem to not be blacked out at all. So it seems that maybe those dates are still open. There are only 4 Tuesdays in August, there were 5 in July. Now I could be completely wrong in all this but it seems all out of order and leaves room for major backlog. No wonder other embassys give out dates a month after case complete and KNG is so far behind. Jamaica may be a busy Embassy, but its a very tiny country compared to many others. It makes no sense that it should take this long. I wonder if we send an email to someone (not sure who) to see about suggesting they reevaluate this. The problem seems to be KNG not releasing dates to NVC, cause the K1 and K3 visas dont have as long of a wait after their DS230 is processed to get a date. But since CR1's are processed at NVC the wait after DS230 is much longer. Which may be because the embassy is not releasing dates to the NVC to use...rather KNG continues to fill up dates with people who's cases are there at the embassy...ie K1 and K3 family visas. All I know is there is a package leaving NVC EVERY day via DHL to the embassy! Thats alot of packages getting to the Embassy for mine and I am confused by this.

Edited by Marlita

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline
So I checked out the Kingston embassy page and its filled with wack information as usual. It states thar NIV appointments are Monday, Wed, Thurs, and Fri!! :o We have seen most every yardie on VJ have a Tuesday date. So either they are just leaving these family based visas to Tuesdays or their site is completely off. How is this efficient or fair or that matter. If all family based visas are interviewed only on Tuesdays then of course there's gonna be major backlog. All Tuesday dates are blocked off on the Kingston Embassy online appointment page.....leaving me to believe that Tuesday are in deed the family based visa day. Thats ridiculous! :angry::blink:

August does however seem to not be blacked out at all. So it seems that maybe those dates are still open. There are only 4 Tuesdays in August, there were 5 in July. Now I could be completely wrong in all this but it seems all out of order and leaves room for major backlog. No wonder other embassys give out dates a month after case complete and KNG is so far behind. Jamaica may be a busy Embassy, but its a very tiny country compared to many others. It makes no sense that it should take this long. I wonder if we send an email to someone (not sure who) to see about suggesting they reevaluate this. The problem seems to be KNG not releasing dates to NVC, cause the K1 and K3 visas dont have as long of a wait after their DS230 is processed to get a date. But since CR1's are processed at NVC the wait after DS230 is much longer. Which may be because the embassy is not releasing dates to the NVC to use...rather KNG continues to fill up dates with people who's cases are there at the embassy...ie K1 and K3 family visas. All I know is there is a package leaving NVC EVERY day via DHL to the embassy! Thats alot of packages getting to the Embassy for mine and I am confused by this.

Marlita my dear im as confused as you are. I have reached a point now that i just tell myself that wheneve they are ready they will give me a date. I cant understand how "fiance" visas gets precedence over "marriages" (not to offend anyone). Im just curious.

"Love is patient, love is kind, love keeps no record of wrongs"

Filed: Timeline

Marlita my dear im as confused as you are. I have reached a point now that i just tell myself that wheneve they are ready they will give me a date. I cant understand how "fiance" visas gets precedence over "marriages" (not to offend anyone). Im just curious.

None taken...the way it was explained to me is that the K-1 is a non-immigrant visa and it takes less time to process and less information is required. If that makes sense.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

I don't think its a fiance thing here anymore cause they still leave only one day for all family based visa....but it does seem as though the ones who are married get the short end of the stick on all accounts of the lame process. Even if you wanted K3 they dont even honor that anymore. its just wacked out. And there seems to not be ONE politician making this a focus to fix.

Timeline

None taken...the way it was explained to me is that the K-1 is a non-immigrant visa and it takes less time to process and less information is required. If that makes sense.

The only thing less is the AOS at NVC, other than that....EVERYTHING is the same. I cant imagine they dont do extensive background checks on a K visa...that would be scary. And now that NVC is automated online getting thru NVC has taken some people less than a month! I truly think the problem in Kingston now. I swear sometimes that country makes me want to kill myself. Things are so archaic there. Like they have no idea how to effeciently process things. I mena heck...the stupid PC was typed. Who the heck still uses typwriters?

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

The only thing less is the AOS at NVC, other than that....EVERYTHING is the same. I cant imagine they dont do extensive background checks on a K visa...that would be scary. And now that NVC is automated online getting thru NVC has taken some people less than a month! I truly think the problem in Kingston now. I swear sometimes that country makes me want to kill myself. Things are so archaic there. Like they have no idea how to effeciently process things. I mena heck...the stupid PC was typed. Who the heck still uses typwriters?

I think that sometimes when we talk about the visa process in Kingston, we seem to forget that this a US institution and not Jamaican. We are blaming the wrong people when we make statements like "the problem is Kingston" and "that country makes me want to kill myself". We must remember that the embassy is run by the United States and even though some Jamaicans are employed there, and have their attitudes that we don't want to deal with, there are policies and procedures that have to be followed by everyone.

I know it is a very long and difficult process and we all are angry and feel the need to lash out and I do feel the same way even though I am not in the process, but I feel the need to comment on the general statements that are being made blaming Jamaica and not the US EMBASSY for all this shyt.

Yeah, yeah I know, the PC was typed and it is archaeic, but that is completely unrelated to what happens at the embassy :blush: Jamaica is sometimes being compared to the way things are done in the US and credit shoul be given where credit is due and not compare the two. The US is wayyyy far ahead in technology and such than Jamaica and the embassy has the utmost control of what happens with this visa process, so please be gentle when bashing them (Jamaica).

I am proud of the advances that I have seen in Jamaica. I left Jamaica in 1986 and travelled back and forth until about 1998 and had not been back until last year and I must say that things are better and more advanced than I thought it would have been.

Sorry for the long rant but this is a very sensitive subject for me :P

Just my $0.2

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

I thought I was the only one that noticed that.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

I think the reason why the wait is so long is because NIV has preference over IV because like Marlita said it is sent directly to the embassy...and in my opinion I think the embassy is processing a lot of working visa...my hubby was telling me the other day how a friend of his filed for a working visa to do farming and he received an interview date like a month after his paperwork was processed...and his friend told him that there was so many people there and the majority were people getting their working visa...so its really both US and Jamaica...Their process is to do NIV first before IV and they are probably understaffed in Kingston's embassy and also because so many Jamaicans are trying to work outside JA because they can't find any opportunity there...

NVC Journey Total days: 75

04.09.2008: Case# assigned

05.12.2008: DS230 Entered into System

06.18.2008: Case Complete (So upset that it took this long 37days)

US Embassy:

10.29.2008: Interview Date Assigned

11.17.2008: Medical Appointment

12.03.2008: Interview Date (FINALLY!!!)**APPROVED**

12.08.2008: Visa Delivered

12.21.2008: POE JFK

I think the reason why the wait is so long is because NIV has preference over IV because like Marlita said it is sent directly to the embassy...and in my opinion I think the embassy is processing a lot of working visa...my hubby was telling me the other day how a friend of his filed for a working visa to do farming and he received an interview date like a month after his paperwork was processed...and his friend told him that there was so many people there and the majority were people getting their working visa...so its really both US and Jamaica...Their process is to do NIV first before IV and they are probably understaffed in Kingston's embassy and also because so many Jamaicans are trying to work outside JA because they can't find any opportunity there...

This is the same thing I typed in the room last week. When my fiance went for his medical a majority of the people was getting a medical for work visas...and the latter statement is true. When we went to turn in the DS-230 in April the lady who came outside to help us told us they were grossly understaffed and that I should expect an interview in July. I was blessed to get a June date. I understand the fustration, but what can be done. I wish I could wave a wand and make the process simplier, but that's not going to happen is it?

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

It is very frustrating...I am even more frustrated because my case is not completed yet and I am being push down the line because of a mistake NVC made...My case should have been completed in late May and now June is almost done and still nothing...its been over a month since they had my docs...I probably won't get an interview date until October...i'm hoping for September before my anniversary (Sept 30) but that looks unlikely now...I'm planning now to go visit my husband in August instead of July because I want to spend his birthday with him...i truly thought he will be up here by then but the rate this is going I really don't think that is possible...but one thing i can admit and be thankful and grateful for is that this process has not put a toll on our relationship whatsoever...it has put a toll in our pockets but money can always be replaced...the love of your life can not...(that sounded so much like a Mastercard commercial...LOL... :lol:

NVC Journey Total days: 75

04.09.2008: Case# assigned

05.12.2008: DS230 Entered into System

06.18.2008: Case Complete (So upset that it took this long 37days)

US Embassy:

10.29.2008: Interview Date Assigned

11.17.2008: Medical Appointment

12.03.2008: Interview Date (FINALLY!!!)**APPROVED**

12.08.2008: Visa Delivered

12.21.2008: POE JFK

It is very frustrating...I am even more frustrated because my case is not completed yet and I am being push down the line because of a mistake NVC made...My case should have been completed in late May and now June is almost done and still nothing...its been over a month since they had my docs...I probably won't get an interview date until October...i'm hoping for September before my anniversary (Sept 30) but that looks unlikely now...I'm planning now to go visit my husband in August instead of July because I want to spend his birthday with him...i truly thought he will be up here by then but the rate this is going I really don't think that is possible...but one thing i can admit and be thankful and grateful for is that this process has not put a toll on our relationship whatsoever...it has put a toll in our pockets but money can always be replaced...the love of your life can not...(that sounded so much like a Mastercard commercial...LOL... :lol:

I understand. My girlfriend's case was completed in March and she's in the same boat. She said she's tired of cussing, so she don't complain anymore.

tep aff a mi name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.