clairern

July Interviews

53 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Jamaicans who now have their cases completed and are waiting on an interview date. I feel your pain with this process but wanted to let you know that you are all in my thoughts and prayers. Best of luck to you all :thumbs:

Kishmar--CR-1

Jgay

Marlita--CR-1

Update as you want. :yes:

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks Clairern for the post but my case has not been completed yet...its been over a month now since they had my case...NVC made a mistake and said I had missing info since I did not submit my birth certificate and marriage certificate but I am the petitioner and my birth certificate is not needed and i already submitted my marriage certificate...I did not find out about this until June 3 when my AVR changed to missing info blah blah blah...so when i called and told them that that was wrong she said she will put in a note and it will take 10-15 business days when she put in the note before they "fix" there mistake...I called the AVR this morning and now it says "NVC received my checklist please allow 6-8 weeks for review"... :crying::crying: ...i really hope it does not take that long especially since it was not even my mistake...the way it seems i probably won't get an interview date until Sept-Oct...so i plan to go see my husband in July since I have a long wait ahead of me...will i hope i can take the time off in July from work...so many people at my job already put in their time....nothing is working out for me... :crying::crying:

NVC Journey Total days: 75

04.09.2008: Case# assigned

05.12.2008: DS230 Entered into System

06.18.2008: Case Complete (So upset that it took this long 37days)

US Embassy:

10.29.2008: Interview Date Assigned

11.17.2008: Medical Appointment

12.03.2008: Interview Date (FINALLY!!!)**APPROVED**

12.08.2008: Visa Delivered

12.21.2008: POE JFK

Thanks Clairern for the post but my case has not been completed yet...its been over a month now since they had my case...NVC made a mistake and said I had missing info since I did not submit my birth certificate and marriage certificate but I am the petitioner and my birth certificate is not needed and i already submitted my marriage certificate...I did not find out about this until June 3 when my AVR changed to missing info blah blah blah...so when i called and told them that that was wrong she said she will put in a note and it will take 10-15 business days when she put in the note before they "fix" there mistake...I called the AVR this morning and now it says "NVC received my checklist please allow 6-8 weeks for review"... :crying::crying: ...i really hope it does not take that long especially since it was not even my mistake...the way it seems i probably won't get an interview date until Sept-Oct...so i plan to go see my husband in July since I have a long wait ahead of me...will i hope i can take the time off in July from work...so many people at my job already put in their time....nothing is working out for me... :crying::crying:

Good morning,

I too am having a string of bad luck, so I might be going to Jamaica in July to be with my husband. Right now, I need to take a deep breath, and try to sort things out. I will be filing for the CR-1 at the end of the month. I was waiting to see if my hiusband would be coming here on a H2B visa, things didn't work out. So now we must start this long and tenuous process.

I am such a private person, so now that I have to open up my life to the US govt, I have get myself prepare for this. I too am crying.

Be Bless

Roxcie

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good Morning!

I am sooooo hoping to be a part of this list. It might just be wishful thinking. We are waiting on the Embassy to assign an interview date. I guess August would be more realistic but one can always hope???

Good luck to everyone!

TAKING A ROUGH LIFE EASY

Timeline
Good Morning!

I am sooooo hoping to be a part of this list. It might just be wishful thinking. We are waiting on the Embassy to assign an interview date. I guess August would be more realistic but one can always hope???

Good luck to everyone!

Mrs. Hellwig no need to feel left out these names that you see on here are just hoping to get a July interview neither of us has actually gotton the date yet.....just hoping and praying

"Love is patient, love is kind, love keeps no record of wrongs"

Timeline

I am another one hoping for a date. most likey it will be in August at this rate...but God does answer prayers and works diligently for you so I am still praying. I am also thinking of a July trip since this stupid interview is taking so long. We should plan a meet up! if you guys see any good airline deals let me know. Ticket prices have shot thru the roof and this is suppose to be off season. I may not be going for the interview now cause I really cannot afford all these fees and my mortgage...and for some reason I have not received my tax refund nor stimulus payment.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline

Marlita,

Your not alone. I haven't received my rebate check either. Its due to be mailed by July 4th. I will be in JA from July 4-9th..I made sure that I got my ticket early because I knew the prices would probably skyrocket by June which they did. I paid $462 for a flight on Delta. It would be nice to have that rebate money to take with me. But I'm not counting on it.

In other news, my SO dropped off his DS 230 (1) and applied for his police report in Kingston yesterday. Neither of us have received a packet 3. Thank goodness I had already assembled my own packet 3. I downloaded all the forms and filled them out and dropped them in the mail to him. Now all he has to do is sign and date them and drop them back into the mail to the embassy when he receives them. I'm figuring he will probably have an August interview date as well. I would like to attend the interview but with me going to JA July 4th, its pretty likely that I will not be able to turn around and go right back whenever this interview will be.

Edited by TYMOORE

tymoore

Timeline
I am another one hoping for a date. most likey it will be in August at this rate...but God does answer prayers and works diligently for you so I am still praying. I am also thinking of a July trip since this stupid interview is taking so long. We should plan a meet up! if you guys see any good airline deals let me know. Ticket prices have shot thru the roof and this is suppose to be off season. I may not be going for the interview now cause I really cannot afford all these fees and my mortgage...and for some reason I have not received my tax refund nor stimulus payment.

We haven't recieved our stimulus yet either.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

well its good to know i'm not alone in waiting for the stimulus check. So Tymoore, how do you find out when they are mailing it? I think my taxes are lost in limbo cause of the whole W7 thing. Ugh.

I was gonna go to JA during some of those same dates, but tickets are too high. Air JA is having a good deal right now but it ends in June. I don't really like to fly anyone else but AirJ cause other folks have long layovers and AirJ leaves at redeye time outta LAX and that flight is the first to get into Mobay. Its the best flight EVER! no one is at the airport..its peaceful and clean and super fast lines, and you can see Jamaica at sunrise from the air...its pure heaven.

Timeline
well its good to know i'm not alone in waiting for the stimulus check. So Tymoore, how do you find out when they are mailing it? I think my taxes are lost in limbo cause of the whole W7 thing. Ugh.

I was gonna go to JA during some of those same dates, but tickets are too high. Air JA is having a good deal right now but it ends in June. I don't really like to fly anyone else but AirJ cause other folks have long layovers and AirJ leaves at redeye time outta LAX and that flight is the first to get into Mobay. Its the best flight EVER! no one is at the airport..its peaceful and clean and super fast lines, and you can see Jamaica at sunrise from the air...its pure heaven.

You made me smile at that. I feel the same way being the first flight OUT of St. Louis. Basically the same reasons.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

You can go to the irs website. http://www.irs.gov/ click on the link for When Will you get your stimulus payment. Its categorized by the last two digits of your social security#.. I had orginally thought that I was getting mine much sooner by direct deposit but because I had preparation and filing fees deducted from my actual return I'm getting the paper check. So I have to go by the payout dates for the paper checks. The IRS will put the info online about a week before the check is issued and I also believe you will receive something in the mail stating the amount and when it will be received. I checked on my mom's the other day. I put in her social, filing status and no# of exemptions and it popped up with the amount of her rebate and when it was due to be mailed..

Edited by TYMOORE

tymoore

Timeline

This is an outrage, I tell you. :angry: I am not even waiting for an interview date but I am mad as heck. What the he11 is going on in Kingston why they have all you people waiting and waiting and keeping your lives on hold. I am fuming right now but unfortunately we can't really do anything about it. :whistle:

I feel your pain and hope you all hear something positive by next week. :thumbs:

Edited by clairern

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline
Marlita, check here to find out when you should get it:

http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=181665,00.html

Well from that schedule I should of got it May 2nd!! :angry: Whats up wit that? I didnt get nothing. What do i do?

Filed: Timeline
This is an outrage, I tell you. :angry: I am not even waiting for an interview date but I am mad as heck. What the he11 is going on in Kingston why they have all you people waiting and waiting and keeping your lives on hold. I am fuming right now but unfortunately we can't really do anything about it. :whistle:

I feel your pain and hope you all hear something positive by next week. :thumbs:

I don't know what Kingston is doing and I would be so upset to be waiting so long. When my SO went for his medical me met a lot of people because the place was packed. Funny thing is most of the people were there for work visa (farm work) and visa to study in the states. I wonder if that's what is holding up Kingston. After them approve mi...I have to ask. My girlfriend in California got bold and sent them an e-mail and they basically replied that they're behind and that immigrant visa are not the only visa's being processed and to be patient ...blah...blah...blah...she said she turned off her computer and went to paint the nursery to get her mind off things.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.