Karen_L

So, how do you actually get an interview appointment?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Albania
Timeline

My fiance' recently faxed the consulate in Naples the second of the two forms you have to fax in prior to getting an interview date and I sent them an e-mail asking how you'd now go about getting an interview/medical appointment and they told me "When we can give you a date, we'll let you know." Of course, I wasn't satisfied with that response because it's... you know... not actually a response lol. So I looked on the consulate's website and it says there that if you complete the electronic DS-156 you can call the consulate (for $1.50/minute) and give them the number generated by that form to get an interview date. So, this morning my fiance calls -- the first time he called, his cellphone's sim card ran out of money (he was put on hold for five minutes (as the money was steadily depleted) and eventually his phone turned off. So, he ran down and bought a card for 25euro and called again. This time he got a different person who told him he has to wait ... SIX MONTHS to get an interview date! OMG! So, he tells them "It says here on the forms you sent me that it'd take 1 month." That one month, btw, is very unclear whether they mean 1 month to have the interview or 1 month to be given the date to come in 6 years later for the interview. So, then they guy tells him he has to wait 7 weeks. 7 weeks? For what? And then he says "Well, maybe you can try contacting the Naples consulate directly and thanks for calling the Embassies of Rome, Naples, florence, etc". So, apparently, it wasn't the direct number it claims to be on the website. And now I don't know what to do -- do we wait silently for anywhere from 7 - 25 weeks or do we keep bugging them?

:angry:

My fiance' recently faxed the consulate in Naples the second of the two forms you have to fax in prior to getting an interview date and I sent them an e-mail asking how you'd now go about getting an interview/medical appointment and they told me "When we can give you a date, we'll let you know." Of course, I wasn't satisfied with that response because it's... you know... not actually a response lol. So I looked on the consulate's website and it says there that if you complete the electronic DS-156 you can call the consulate (for $1.50/minute) and give them the number generated by that form to get an interview date. So, this morning my fiance calls -- the first time he called, his cellphone's sim card ran out of money (he was put on hold for five minutes (as the money was steadily depleted) and eventually his phone turned off. So, he ran down and bought a card for 25euro and called again. This time he got a different person who told him he has to wait ... SIX MONTHS to get an interview date! OMG! So, he tells them "It says here on the forms you sent me that it'd take 1 month." That one month, btw, is very unclear whether they mean 1 month to have the interview or 1 month to be given the date to come in 6 years later for the interview. So, then they guy tells him he has to wait 7 weeks. 7 weeks? For what? And then he says "Well, maybe you can try contacting the Naples consulate directly and thanks for calling the Embassies of Rome, Naples, florence, etc". So, apparently, it wasn't the direct number it claims to be on the website. And now I don't know what to do -- do we wait silently for anywhere from 7 - 25 weeks or do we keep bugging them?

Oh, and the funny thing is -- in the petition, I requested that he do his interview in Tirana, Albania. THEY put down Naples. I don't know how many interviews Tirana does or how backed up they are, but THEY moved the interview to Naples, not us.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7/27/2006: Arrival in NYC! -- I-94/EAD stamp in passport

8/08/2006: Applied for Social Security Card

8/18/2006: Social Security Card arrives

8/25/2006: WEDDING!

AOS...

9/11/2006: Appointment with Civil Surgeon for vaccination supplement

9/18/2006: Mailed AOS and renewal EAD applications to Chicago

10/2/2006: NOA1's for AOS and EAD applications

10/13/2006: Biometrics taken

10/14/2006: NOA -- case transferred to CSC

10/30/2006: AOS approved without interview, greencard will be sent! :)

11/04/2006: Greencard arrives in the mail! :-D

... No more USCIS for two whole years! ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

Oh, and the funny thing is -- in the petition, I requested that he do his interview in Tirana, Albania. THEY put down Naples. I don't know how many interviews Tirana does or how backed up they are, but THEY moved the interview to Naples, not us.

I assume that you received the info packet from the Naples Consulate with all the forms and instructions on how to apply for the visa. Part of the instructions is a checklist telling you what papers you will need at the interview. When you fill out the checklist and return it to them, you are telling them that you are ready for the interview. At that time, the Consulate will schedule the interview and schedule a med appt for you. Depending upon the time of the year, and how busy the Consulate is, appointments are typically 5-6 weeks after you submit the checklist.

This info is based upon what my wife experienced in Madrid, and I assume the Naples would be somewhat similar in their proceedure and timeframes.

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

There was somebody else on VJ who had problems with Naples and managed to get it sorted after she got help from her congressman. Don't remember who but if you look under the forum for Italy you will find her :)

Adele

> Texas have received out application and cashed the cheque!

We got our NOA1 as at 26 Oct 2005!

Sent to CSC 26 Oct 2005

NOA2 26 Jan 2006

Sent to Embassy 9 Feb 2006

Embassy sent pk3 21 feb 2006

Recd and return pk3 27 feb

Medical 8 March

recd pk4 11 April

Interview 10 May

Visa Approved 10 May

Visa Received 13 May

Fly to Memphis 21 june

Married 1 September

AOS NOA1 23 Jan 2007

Case transferred to Missourri

Case transferred back to CSC feb 01

Card in the mail March 05

Case approved March 005

Welcome to America Letters received March 08

Filed for lifting of conditions - received in Vermont Jan 20 2009

I-797C NOA received Jan 26 2009

Visit My Website

A Joy unshared is like and unlighted candle

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.