J & Q

Return to HCM

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
thanks! hopefully we will be telling you congrats soon too! she will be here june 20th. that if all goes good on the visa pick up date, the 16th. i would guess mr ellis is really busy, seems there is plenty of work there for him. atfer what i have been through there i really belive they just want to "test" some people. i think they figure if its not for real most likely the applicant and sponsor will just give up. if you think about my case, why would they want a hand written letter form me about our time line, it was easy enough for them just to look at all the things we submitted and it would have told the same story, and they asked us for MORE evidence. i think they figured if we are really in love we would find something to submit as more evidence. just keep trying, a lady at the consulate told me, when i called about the green slip, to becareful when i write the letter to explain clearly and to take my time dont rush. she repeated the dont rush several times. i guess that was really helpful, i didnt rush to get the letter to them and it gave us more time to gahter more proof. did you go with the K1? or the marriage one?(i dont remember what it called)

I filed for an I-129f (K1) petition. A married coupe would apply for an I-130 (K3). Scary that I remember all of this. I think that I can be an immigration attorney after this with all of the knowledge I have obtained. We couldn't apply for an I-130 because we were unsuccessful in obtaining our marriage license. I believe that the I-130 is a surer way of obtaining the visa but takes longer than the I-129f.

I truly hope that I will soon have good news to report.

I wish the both of you a happy and healthy future together.

Edited by J & Q

4432.gif

4977653_bodyshot_300x400.gif4980295_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Timeline

so any good news yet? or still playing the waiting game?

N400 sent : 2011-11-18

N400 received & check cashed : 2011-11-28

N400 interview letter revcd: 2012-01-23

N400 interview: 2012-02-29

N400 oath: 2012-03-21

Timeline
so any good news yet? or still playing the waiting game?

I am still in the process of trying to obtain all of the information that the consulate is requiring from all her family here in the US. It is taking forever to get everyone's information and there are of course those who are given me some resistance. Just yet another obstacle that I have to get past. Hopefully she will have everything to take to the consulate next week.

4432.gif

Timeline

good luck on that. maybe you can get by with just some of her realitives, i guess it depends on what she told them. i think it might be a bit easier if she contacted them to explain what you need from them. hopefully soon you will be posting about getting her visa :)

Timeline
good luck on that. maybe you can get by with just some of her realitives, i guess it depends on what she told them. i think it might be a bit easier if she contacted them to explain what you need from them. hopefully soon you will be posting about getting her visa :)

I surely hope so. Everyone seems to be concerned about their information falling into the wrong hands. I can certainly understand their concerns but than again we have no choice because this is what they require.

4432.gif

Timeline

Well I finally got all of the information from her family in the U.S. per the denial slip. It wasn't an easy task. Everyone was very hesitant about given me their information I guess because they are afraid of identity theft in the event the information falls into the wrong hands. I don't know how much damage anyone could do without a SSN or credit card number though. She should have everything in her hands on Monday by 6:00pm. She will depart for Ho chi Minh City the following day to turn in the requested information. Does anyone have any advice when she turns in the paperwork? I have heard mention about speaking directly to the consulate and not to the people who work in the consulates office. This will be her third trip and hopefully her last.

4432.gif

Timeline

when my fiancee went backt o turn in my letter and such, she went turned all those things in to someone then was told to sit in the waiting area. she waited there for a few hours then called her number and gave her a blue. the blue just asked for 1 more copy of the ds156 form, the next day she retuned that and it was the same waiting game. she didnt have to answer anymore questions or anything like that. they just simply called her number and they handed her the pink. im not sure if your fiancee knows this or not, but there is certain times she can subit the info. i belive its anytime after 1pm. i would suggest for her to get there about 30 misn before 1. im really pulling for for you guys! i think you have jumped enough hoops for the HCMC.

Timeline
when my fiancee went backt o turn in my letter and such, she went turned all those things in to someone then was told to sit in the waiting area. she waited there for a few hours then called her number and gave her a blue. the blue just asked for 1 more copy of the ds156 form, the next day she retuned that and it was the same waiting game. she didnt have to answer anymore questions or anything like that. they just simply called her number and they handed her the pink. im not sure if your fiancee knows this or not, but there is certain times she can subit the info. i belive its anytime after 1pm. i would suggest for her to get there about 30 misn before 1. im really pulling for for you guys! i think you have jumped enough hoops for the HCMC.

I believe the hours that you can turn in evidence is 1:00pm-3:00pm M-F. This will be her third time now so she pretty familar with the process. The last time that she went to turn in the required evidence the lady apparently didn't even look at it before handing her another blue slip. I wish that she would have questioned her about it while she was there but she was too upset. She has a severe case of motion sickness so traveling 8 hours to HCM and another 8 hours back home is really rough on her. I give her a lot of credit. Hopefully this will be her last trip to HCM until we leave to come to the US. I will let you know how she makes out. Thanks for the info.

4432.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.