4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

HI ALL

I am ready to file the AOS, but i am confuse on the form I-693 does my wife have to go to the doctor before send the papers? or it will be later and if it is before any doctor will be good or it has to be a specific doctor?

thanks

ivan herran :blush::wacko:

HI ALL

I am ready to file the AOS, but i am confuse on the form I-693 does my wife have to go to the doctor before send the papers? or it will be later and if it is before any doctor will be good or it has to be a specific doctor?

thanks

ivan herran :blush::wacko:

Well. The I-693 is the full medical. You don't need that. But you probably need the Appendix A Supplemental form to the I-693.

Appendix A. Supplemental Form To I-693

Are all adjustment of status applicants required to have a medical examination?

Most applicants for adjustment of status are required to have a medical examination. The medical examination must be conducted by a civil surgeon who has been designated by the USCIS. The examination must be documented using Form I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status.

EXCEPTIONS:

Ks: If you were admitted to the United States as a fiance(e) (K-1), child of a fiance(e) (K-2), Spouse of a U.S. citizen (K-3), or child of K-3 (K-4), and received a medical examination prior to admission, then you do not require another medical examination as long as your application for adjustment of status (Form I-485) is filed within one year of your overseas medical examination. You will, however, be required to submit a vaccination supplement with our adjustment of status application. The vaccination supplement must be completed by a designated civil surgeon.

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/i-693faq.htm

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

You need to go to a civil surgeon in your area - call around first to see what they charge as there are some that do it for a few dollars and others charge a few hundred. http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/exec/cs/index.asp

Good Luck

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Since you're on K1 visa, you don't have to do medical again, you only need to send the vaccination supplement I-693A which is filled out by a designated civil surgeon.

K1

06-04-05 Met my fiancee in London

08-20-05 Engagement in Manchester, UK

09-07-05 Filed for I-129F

09-14-05 I-129F NOA1 Receipt

10-11-05 I-129F NOA2 Approved

10-13-05 NVC mails petition to US embassy in London

11-07-05 Received packet from US embassy

01-12-05 Medical Examination

02-03-06 Interview Date

02-06-06 Visa Received

03-10-06 U.S. Entry at Newark Liberty Intl.

AOS

04-03-06 Got Married

04-11-06 Picked up Marriage Certificate

04-13-06 Applied for Social Security

04-15-06 Went to Civil Surgeon's for I-693A

04-17-06 Picked up I-693A from Civil Surgeons

04-19-06 Received Social Security card

04-22-06 Sent AOS package

05-04-06 Checks cashed for AOS and EAD

05-06-06 NOA1 received for AOS and EAD

05-13-06 AOS and EAD touched

05-15-06 Appt. letter for Biometrics

05-20-06 Biometrics Appointment

05-25-06 AOS and EAD touched

07-20-06 EAD Approved

07-25-06 EAD received in mail

07-27-06 Notice for interview

09-26-06 AOS Approved

114952351596656.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.