billandlally

I'm New Here, Please Help Me!

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello everyone!My fiance and I have a plan to get married on October 19 of this year. My fiance is an american and he's living in California. I'm here in Cambodia for my work but we'll get married in the Philippines in my homeland. Please help me what documents he gonna bring since he's divorce. My friend told me that my fiance needs to bring his certificate of divorce when he goes to Philippines. And when he's in the Philippines, he will apply for his certificate of capacity to marry in US Embassy in Philippines...is this right? What else we gonna do for our paper works? And another thing, after our wedding what's next step we gonna do for my visa. Please do help us, since we're new with this. It's highly appreciated if you gonna help us..Thanks in advance. God bless you all! Please keep posted.

Edited by billandlally

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello everyone!My fiance and I have a plan to get married on October 19 of this year. My fiance is an american and he's living in California. I'm here in Cambodia for my work but we'll get married in the Philippines in my homeland. Please help me what documents he gonna bring since he's divorce. My friend told me that my fiance needs to bring his certificate of divorce when he goes to Philippines. And when he's in the Philippines, he will apply for his certificate of capacity to marry in US Embassy in Philippines...is this right? What else we gonna do for our paper works? And another thing, after our wedding what's next step we gonna do for my visa. Please do help us, since we're new with this. It's highly appreciated if you gonna help us..Thanks in advance. God bless you all! Please keep posted.

for starters your fiance will need to stay in the Philippines for at least 10 days before he can be allowed to get married, then he will need to file a IR-1 visa for you and then a K3 which is optional but it will expedite the process, any others care to chime in ?

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Whoa! You got a lot of questions. :whistle:

If you are going to get married in the Philippines, you are going the what they call CR1/IR1 route.

I suggest going to the following URL and get familiarized with the process.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...page=i130guide1

But basically yeah, he will need his divorce decree and he will need to get a certificate of legal capacity to marry from the US embassy.

Also, read up on appropriate forums regarding the K3 and K1 procedure. You might find that these type of visas might be just what you need or want. They are generally a lot faster than CR1 visas

CR1/IR1 is the best visa out there for spouse of a USC. You will be an immigrant as soon as you step foot on US soil. You will have SSN without restriction and green card right away. You will not need to adjust status and you wont need EAD. However this type of visa generally takes a lot longer to process.

Look at my timeline as an example. We filed our I-130 petition over a year ago and we still do not have our visa in hand. It tok us 7 months just to wait for NOA2 approval. Then another three months at the NVC. Three months at NVC level for CR1 visas is considered lightning fast. Compare that to K1 or K3 where it stays at the NVC level for normally only a couple of weeks. Just some things you need to be aware of.

Good luck!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

This site will help you:

http://www.gov.ph/faqs/marriage.asp

Good luck

MY TIMELINE

K-1 Journey

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Singapore

05/21/07 : I-129F Sent

02/24/08 : INTERVIEW

12/12/07 : MEDICAL

01/09/08 : VISA IN HAND

03/06/08 : Arrive in the US, POE - DETROIT

AOS

03/28/08 : Mailed AOS Packet

04/12/08 : Receive NOA's AP, EAD

05/02/08 : BIOMETRICS

06/11/08 : EAD CARD IN THE MAIL!!!

07/02/08 : GREEN CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED

07/07/08 : GREEN CARD IN THE MAIL & WORKING

03/27/09 : Driver's License issued

Removing Condition

04/03/10 : mailed to Vermont

04/08/10 : NOA1 & 1 yr extension

05/20/10 : Biometrics Appt.

11/19/10 : Interview/Approval

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi,

To start with, since you and your fiance planning to get married here in Philippines, yes, basically he needs to bring his divorce decree paper and passportto US Embassy-Manila to apply and get Certificate of Legal Capacity to Marry.

After getting the Certificate of Legal Capacity to Marry, you and your fiance can then go and file for Marriage License, which take 10 working days to process.

Since, i know you are both above 25 years old no need to attend seminars that's a requirement for 24 years old below.

When you already get your Marriage License, you can then marry anywhere in the Philippines. This license is valid for 120 days only , counting starts from the date it was issued, so you both need to use it and get married before it expires. ;)

Shape

Filed: Timeline

...Thanks for the help! God bless.

Hi, yes your friend is right. Your husband to be should bring his certificate as proof that he was divorsed. One of the requirements for all the docs that ul be needing is the legal capacity, the embassy is open from mon-fri for that from 8-10am, i think the payment is less than 50 dollors you can pay thru perso or thru usd, others docs are your birth certificate, cenomar for you, and a copy of your seminars like family plannning. Is it going to be a civil or church wed??? i think if church its more on paper works but if u have much time you can manage it. Good luck! :dance:

HOneyleen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.