Bush signs bill with $45 million for Maglev train from Vegas to LA

60 posts in this topic

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Whoa!! This would be really cool if it happened. I would be in Vegas ALL the time since I live near Disney. I venture to guess that a whole lot of others SoCAL residents would be too. Traffic on a friday afternoon into Vegas can take you up to 8 hours!!! It should only take 3-4 tops!

I definitely do not miss traffic to vegas from la :wacko:

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

Train service did exist between Vegas and LA. It was canceled in 1997 due to low ridership (due to high Amtrak fares, no doubt). This means the tracks and rail rights of way are probably still there.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Whoa!! This would be really cool if it happened. I would be in Vegas ALL the time since I live near Disney. I venture to guess that a whole lot of others SoCAL residents would be too. Traffic on a friday afternoon into Vegas can take you up to 8 hours!!! It should only take 3-4 tops!

OMG! I know! Its enough to make you wanna jump out the car in the middle of traffic! I really had the serious urge to do that on time when I was 1 of 3 people in the back seat of a Honda :wacko: .

This train would be awesome, if there were express trains into Downtown LA. This would change this city COMPLETELY!!!

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Maglev is expensive, as its still a relatively new technology. But I really think its the only way to go, especially for inter-regional transportation.

Unless there is something cost prohibitive (Like parking in NY), most people will probably take cars instead of trains to go places. The only way trains will really compete, is if they can offer speed that no one else can.

keTiiDCjGVo

OMG! I know! Its enough to make you wanna jump out the car in the middle of traffic! I really had the serious urge to do that on time when I was 1 of 3 people in the back seat of a Honda :wacko: .

This train would be awesome, if there were express trains into Downtown LA. This would change this city COMPLETELY!!!

after two trips driving I thought I would get there faster walking but I really wasn't into the idea of walking through the desert :P

flew everytime after that madness!

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

Timeline
Train service did exist between Vegas and LA. It was canceled in 1997 due to low ridership (due to high Amtrak fares, no doubt). This means the tracks and rail rights of way are probably still there.

Yeah, but that that Amtrak wasn't really gonna be that much faster than driving without traffic.....this Mag business will be the TICKET. OMG, this would be crazy! I can just see waves of folks heading out of their jobs on any given day to just go party in Vegas for a few hours!!

Timeline
I was 1 of 3 people in the back seat of a Honda :wacko: .

:wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

:rofl: You feel me. Man! My heart is just racing thinking about it. I got so claustrophobic i was hyperventilating an couldnt breathe.

Traffic let up after about 2 hours, but i was literally a hot second from jumping ship and hitching a ride back into LA. (It was Halloween weekend)

1997 Prices

Cost of a new home: $176,200.00

Cost of a new car: $

Median Household Income: $37,005.00

Cost of a first-class stamp: $0.32

Cost of a gallon of regular gas: $1.23

Cost of a dozen eggs: $1.17

Cost of a gallon of Milk: $3.22

if you know what I mean....

I was 1 of 3 people in the back seat of a Honda :wacko: .

:wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

:rofl: You feel me.

Yeah. Reminds me of college. 3 guys in the back seat of an early 80s Corolla without air conditioning. We were going on a camping trip into upstate NY.

Timeline
Maglev is expensive, as its still a relatively new technology. But I really think its the only way to go, especially for inter-regional transportation.

Unless there is something cost prohibitive (Like parking in NY), most people will probably take cars instead of trains to go places. The only way trains will really compete, is if they can offer speed that no one else can.

Well in LA EVERYBODY would be on a train if they could get outta this crazy traffic. I take the train to work and it is BLISS!! Bliss I tell yuh!!!

1997 Prices

Cost of a new home: $176,200.00

Cost of a new car: $

Median Household Income: $37,005.00

Cost of a first-class stamp: $0.32

Cost of a gallon of regular gas: $1.23

Cost of a dozen eggs: $1.17

Cost of a gallon of Milk: $3.22

if you know what I mean....

I do. Amtrak fares are ridiculous, though. I am positive that had a lot to do with it.

Well in LA EVERYBODY would be on a train if they could get outta this crazy traffic. I take the train to work and it is BLISS!! Bliss I tell yuh!!!

We take the train into Newark for our immigration appointments. It may take a tad more planning, but it's so stress free!