DeeJott

Houston Location Confusion for new I-551 processing

4 posts in this topic

The Approval of removal of conditional status envelope contained two documents:

1. I-797C formal letter stating "approved" and to show up for processing of new (without conditions) Permanent Resident Card (I-551) at

U.S. Department of Justice

U.S. Immigration and Naturalization

16504 Central Green

Houston, TX 77032

2. Important Information (Form# FC-057 TSC)

To schedule my appointment with infopass on www.uscis.gov.

Scheduling my appointment lead to a confirmation document, stating the location of my appointment TOMORROW morning at:

126 Northpoint Drive

Housotn, TX 77060

"Lobby"

I am confused. I will certainly go to that scheduled appointment tomorrow on Northpoint Drive and hope that they can process everything necessary. Worst thing they can do is tell me that I need to show up at the other location, right?

Sorry for this much detail but, dealing with the government I would like to be as accurate as possible.

Thanks,

Daniel

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I am in Houston, too. Good luck to you- I look forward to hearing what the result was.

February 3, 2005. Applied for K-1.

July 14, 2005. Email to NVC congressional unit

Nov 2, 2005. Letter to congressman

Nov 8, 2005. Letter from congressman

December 19, 2005. Visa interview in Moscow. (250 days at NVC)

January 27, 2006. POE: JFK.

April 8, 2006. Wedding in USA.

April 19, 2006. Apply for AOS.

July 12, 2006. AOS Interview.

February 26, 2008. Letter to congresswoman.

March 19, 2008. Conditional Permanent residence began!!

2009: Wake up and get on the uscis train again - lifting conditions

Dec 21, 2009. Eligible to apply to remove conditions

February 2010: 10-yr Green Card Received

I am in Houston, too. Good luck to you- I look forward to hearing what the result was.

Everything went fine this morning. Somebody said, that apparently the TSC has preprinted all their 797 NOA with the 'outdated?' Central Green address, although processing a new I-551 is resposibility of the Northpoint Address. But I will remain confused since I know both buildings now inside/out...who is doing what...but hopefully, processing and sending my new (8 year remaining) card will be fast, because I have now a stamp in my passport only (valid for 12 months). They kept the original approval notice but, fortunately, I made a copy yesterday (i do not want to have any potential gaps ever in government correspondence).

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Glad it was fine; good on you for always making copies.

February 3, 2005. Applied for K-1.

July 14, 2005. Email to NVC congressional unit

Nov 2, 2005. Letter to congressman

Nov 8, 2005. Letter from congressman

December 19, 2005. Visa interview in Moscow. (250 days at NVC)

January 27, 2006. POE: JFK.

April 8, 2006. Wedding in USA.

April 19, 2006. Apply for AOS.

July 12, 2006. AOS Interview.

February 26, 2008. Letter to congresswoman.

March 19, 2008. Conditional Permanent residence began!!

2009: Wake up and get on the uscis train again - lifting conditions

Dec 21, 2009. Eligible to apply to remove conditions

February 2010: 10-yr Green Card Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.