20 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline
I don't know enough about braces in the Philippines to answer this question correctly (I know that orthodontic techniques in Europe differ substantially from the U.S.). I can tell you that braces will most likely not be covered by any sort of dental/health insurance you normally get here, unless your teeth are so messed up that it is affecting your health.

Yeah, braces are not covered by most dental plans. My sons are getting braces here and the estimate is around $4500/child. :wacko:

my teeth aren't so messed up that affects my health :) thanks to the two of you for the info i really appreciate it :). ill tell my husband that he should start saving now for it lol!

Some insurance plans will cover orthodontia. My plan covers 50% for orthodontia and oral/maxiofacial (is that the word?) surgery. It's still expensive but not as bad as paying all of it.

Luckily (or not) I'm the one with the horrible teeth. I just got an estimate on mine and it's scary what my part will be. I mean....totally frightening. I'll do what I can now and have to go into debt for it which really pisses me off, but I need the work done. Two root canals and a crown wit the bone treatment. Hello, England? I'd like my teeth back please! (no offense to my English friends here :) My family blames our British heritage)

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Yeah, braces are not covered by most dental plans. My sons are getting braces here and the estimate is around $4500/child. :wacko:

wow! :o that's expensive

I recently had braces done in P.I. for my wife. It cost about 200U.S.D. down, with one extraction. About 25 U.S.D. pr month for follow up visits. A GREAT SAVINGS WHEN COMPARED TO U.S. PRICES!!!!

does your wife's dentist in the US required her to have a dental docu (stating the procedures that was done to her teeth) from her dentist here in phil? my dentist told me that it is needed so that her dentist there will know exactly on what to do next. i am not sure though about the docu if its really needed :unsure:

My son named Zac

"My son's smile makes my day complete"

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

MY K3 TIMELINE purple4.gifVid of how I prepared my interview documents purple.gifPapers that I brought on my USEM interview

AOS TIMELINE

06.17.2010 - submitted our papers

06.19.2010 - papers arrived at Chicago lockbox

06.24.2010 - Check cashed

06.28.2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy received (9 days from the day they got our papers)

07.05.2010 - Received Biometrics Schedule (July 26)

08.05.2010 - Biometrics done! (had to re-schedule from 7/26 to 8/5)

08.13.2010 - Got my interview letter

08.20.2010 - EAD card on production

09.06.2010 - Got my EAD Card (62 days)

09.07.2010 - Applied for SSN

09.14.2010 - SSN Card received

09.16.2010 - Interview schedule (APPROVED)

09.20.2010 - Welcome Notice Received ("Welcome to the USA")

09.25.2010 - 10 yr Green Card received! (98 days)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I just want to share esp to those who are still in our country. If you need dental work just do it there..It is really expensive here. I just have my one tooth extraction with bone graft today and it cost us $575. Wish I did mine in the Philippines..

Riza

Hi riza,

sorry for using your thread for my personal question and thank you so much that you opened up a topic like this.

:|: PiNk :|:

My son named Zac

"My son's smile makes my day complete"

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

MY K3 TIMELINE purple4.gifVid of how I prepared my interview documents purple.gifPapers that I brought on my USEM interview

AOS TIMELINE

06.17.2010 - submitted our papers

06.19.2010 - papers arrived at Chicago lockbox

06.24.2010 - Check cashed

06.28.2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy received (9 days from the day they got our papers)

07.05.2010 - Received Biometrics Schedule (July 26)

08.05.2010 - Biometrics done! (had to re-schedule from 7/26 to 8/5)

08.13.2010 - Got my interview letter

08.20.2010 - EAD card on production

09.06.2010 - Got my EAD Card (62 days)

09.07.2010 - Applied for SSN

09.14.2010 - SSN Card received

09.16.2010 - Interview schedule (APPROVED)

09.20.2010 - Welcome Notice Received ("Welcome to the USA")

09.25.2010 - 10 yr Green Card received! (98 days)

I just want to share esp to those who are still in our country. If you need dental work just do it there..It is really expensive here. I just have my one tooth extraction with bone graft today and it cost us $575. Wish I did mine in the Philippines..

Riza

Hi riza,

sorry for using your thread for my personal question and thank you so much that you opened up a topic like this.

:|: PiNk :|:

NO Problem PInk.. this is great that many responded to this topic as well.. As a filipina I really wish i did my tooth fix there in cebu.. I wish na lang.. I still have some issues but not immediate and I told my hubby that I will do it there if we will go home this year or next year God willing.

You take care and God bless.. There are many dentist that are really good there . In the news many australians went to PI for dental issues because it is really cheap.

Riza

God is Great .. God is good... all the time..

N_-400

12/13/2010- SEnt The packet

12/22/2010- The packet was returned due to missing page.

12/23/2010- Resend the packet with complete pages.

12/29/2010- Check cashed in

01/03/2010- Receive NOA

01/10/2011- Email from USCIS for the Required Evidence( Finger printing)

01/26/2011-Biometric Schedule

02/07/2011-USCIS online status update-

02/12/2011- Received Interview Letter Scheduled March 14

02/12/2011- Received Descheduled letter

02/17/2011- USCIS online Status update

02/22/2011-New IL arrived schedule for March 29

02/22/2011-Descheduled Letter Again ( 2nd Time)

02/23/2011- I called USCIS and I was told new schedule in the computer for March 22

02/23/2011-USCIS ONline update....

03/01/2011-Interview Letter for March 22 @ 7:15 AM

03/22/2011- Interview and Oath; US Citizen

Soooo expensive. . . . .

Tooth extraction at government health centers here in the Phils is free. I had 3 fillings the other week for P2,000.00 only.

Thank you guys for sharing. It reminds me to see the dentist again before going there.

Last year, I had a tooth extracted and it cost almost $400.. it really made me wish that i should have taken advantage of my previous job's dental benefits...

riza, i so agree with you.. it's friggin expensive here as compared to the felefens

N-400

March 21, 2014 - Application sent thru Expressmail

March 25, 2014 - Received/Priority Date

March 26, 2014 - Check cashed

March 27, 2014 - Notice Date

April 2, 2014 - Notice for Biometrics Appointment thru email

Aprill 22, 2014 - Biometrics

April 24, 2014 - In line for interview

August 25, 2014-Scheduled for Interview

September 30, 2014 - Interview and Oath-Taking :joy:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.