voitall

Blue Slip Today

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

My spouse's visa interview got denied @ HCM , VN. I am so sad. Embassy requested we submit proof of my trips to VN, I believe they wanted proof of payment and such even though I had copies and original of tickets. Also, they wanted notarized statement from start to finish. Once we submit the requested document what next? Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
My spouse's visa interview got denied @ HCM , VN. I am so sad. Embassy requested we submit proof of my trips to VN, I believe they wanted proof of payment and such even though I had copies and original of tickets. Also, they wanted notarized statement from start to finish. Once we submit the requested document what next? Thanks!

Are you sure that was a denial. I think its more of a 'need more evidence' kind of thing plus that blue slip often suggests that your wife will have to go through the ritual administrative process. I think once she has submitted the documents asked for, then all you can do is wait. So many people are going through this ####### and its sad how they have been taking a long time in issuing the visas. please do not worry. Ask her to submit all the necessary documents. Blue slip doesn't mean a denial I am sure.

My Timeline

I-130:

Sent: May 19th 2008

NOA2: July 21st 2008

NVC

Received: July 24th 2008

Case completed: August 13th 2008

Interview: October 7th 2008

Green card received: January 20th 2009

I-751

Sent: October 6th 2010

Approval: January 28th 2011

Green Card received: February 3rd 2011

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Yes sorry for the confusion. It is an RFE. I was so hoping she get the pink so we can leave together next week. Does anyone know what happen after the RFE? Will we find out that day or wait for mail?

They must have mentioned the documents they require on that blue slip. Please provide them with those documents and ask them what will happen next. Seeing how things are, it shouldn't take too long but who knows.

All the best!

My Timeline

I-130:

Sent: May 19th 2008

NOA2: July 21st 2008

NVC

Received: July 24th 2008

Case completed: August 13th 2008

Interview: October 7th 2008

Green card received: January 20th 2009

I-751

Sent: October 6th 2010

Approval: January 28th 2011

Green Card received: February 3rd 2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

You should get the required documents to the Consulate ASAP. Make sure they're complete and accurate so you don't get another blue slip. Once the Consulate has them, they will continue to process your case. That means if all they needed was the documents on the blue slip and they're satisfied with what you submitted, you wil get a pink slip. The pink slip could come on the day you submit the docs, they look at them and hand you a pink slip. Or they may want to review them for anywhere from a day to several months. Once you give them the documents, they will tell you.

Good luck!!

Peter and Thi

I-129F Sent : 2007-05-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-06-11

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-10-26

Touched: 2007-11-02

NVC Recieved: 2007-11-16

Consulate recieved ??????

Packet 3 sent 2007-12-11

Packet 3 received 2007-12-24

Packet 3 returned 2007-12-28

Packet 4 sent 2008-1-14

Email Reply with Interview Date 2008-1-23

Interview Date 2008-2-27

Passed Interview 2008-02-27

Visa Pick Up Date 2008-3-05

Received Visa 2008-2-29 (called to pick up earlier)

POE 2008-3-05 Los Angeles

Wedding 2008-4-26

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.