4 posts in this topic

Flew to Manila, Philippines for two weeks to see family using my I-551 stamp. Port of origin was Manila, and the JAL staff were familiar with the stamp, as were everyone else. That was my most concern: whether or not the carrier would even recognize the stamp. If you haven't seen it, it looks pretty "dinky" (but oh so powerful, no? :D).

When we entered JFK, my wife and I went together to the US Citizens line in terminal one of JFK, which was mercifully shorter than the visitor line. The BCBP officer asked if I had my "card" yet, and I responded, "It's probably waiting for me at home in the mail." He was very nice and professional. He said, "No problem, we just need to verify the stamp. Take this greenfolder [it had my passport and customs card in it] and bring it to the end of the hall."

There, another BCBP officer took it, told me to sit and wait, and he did his magic computer work. He stamped it, and said everything was good.

It was painless, and worked like a charm.

100% Naturalized U.S.D.A. Prime American

proud_filipino_american_trucker_hat.jpg?

Flew to Manila, Philippines for two weeks to see family using my I-551 stamp. Port of origin was Manila, and the JAL staff were familiar with the stamp, as were everyone else. That was my most concern: whether or not the carrier would even recognize the stamp. If you haven't seen it, it looks pretty "dinky" (but oh so powerful, no? :D).

When we entered JFK, my wife and I went together to the US Citizens line in terminal one of JFK, which was mercifully shorter than the visitor line. The BCBP officer asked if I had my "card" yet, and I responded, "It's probably waiting for me at home in the mail." He was very nice and professional. He said, "No problem, we just need to verify the stamp. Take this greenfolder [it had my passport and customs card in it] and bring it to the end of the hall."

There, another BCBP officer took it, told me to sit and wait, and he did his magic computer work. He stamped it, and said everything was good.

:lol:

That's great! I can't wait to travel.

Removing Conditions

07/31/2010 - Filed for Removal of Conditions (I-751)

08/02/2010 - ROC Packet received

08/03/2010 - NOA notice date for I-751

08/05/2010 - Check cashed

08/07/2010 - NOA received for I-751

08/13/2010 - Biometrics appointment letter received

09/01/2010 - Biometrics taken

09/01/2010 - Case status appears online

11/08/2010 - Card production ordered

11/13/2010 - I-751 Approval Letter received

11/19/2010 - Green Card received in the mail

Citizenship

08/01/2011 - Filed for Citizenship (N-400)

08/03/2011 - N400 Packet received

08/05/2011 - Received email/text confirming application receipt

08/08/2011 - Check cashed

08/09/2011 - Biometrics notice sent

08/12/2011 - NOA received for N400

08/12/2011 - Biometrics appointment letter received

08/29/2011 - Biometrics taken

08/31/2011 - Case Status Notification: Placed in line for interview scheduling

10/11/2011 - Received yellow letter

01/11/2012 - Interview letter sent

01/17/2012 - Interview letter received

02/16/2012 - Interview & received Oath letter

03/06/2012 - Oath ceremony

Thank you for sharing your experience...I feel relieve, I will travel this June using I-551 stamp to the Philippines. I'm Keep looking here somebody will post their experience. By the way, what's your point of entry? where you going to show ur I-551 stamp in Manila or your point of entry?

Thanks

Thank you for sharing your experience...I feel relieve, I will travel this June using I-551 stamp to the Philippines. I'm Keep looking here somebody will post their experience. By the way, what's your point of entry? where you going to show ur I-551 stamp in Manila or your point of entry?

Thanks

Hey there,

My point of entry was JFK, in New York. They were very efficient, and the terminal one building was so nice and organized. I presented my passport like (no joke) 6 times the whole time I was in Manila's airport. It was really stupid. Do they not trust their own security, so that I had to show my "boarding pass and passport" 6 times, even before getting into the plane.

In any event, that was the only pain, really. They are trained now to recognize that ADIT stamp on your passport. Have FUN!

100% Naturalized U.S.D.A. Prime American

proud_filipino_american_trucker_hat.jpg?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.