Jack & Xuan

visitor Visa

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Has anyone tried to get a visitors visa for their Fiancé while they wait on the ever slowing USCIS to deal with the back log? I am not sure if it can be done but I was thinking maybe Xuan can come "visit" me here in the States until they send our packet to HCMC. Just a thought.

Jack & Xuan

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I-129F NOA1 : 3/10/08

I-129F NOA2 : 7/17/08

NVC Left : 7/25/08

Consulate Received : 8/4/08

Packet 3 Received : 8/8/08

Packet 4 Received : 9/12/08

Interview Date : 10/7/08

Received Green Sheet: 10/7/08

Turned in requested doc's for Green Sheet: 10/15/08

Got blue slip that says to wait for decision: 10/15/08

Still Waiting on a decision 11/22/08

Stilllll Waiting on a decision 2/2/09

Got a call with questions from the embassy3/9/09

Request sent to State Dept. to remove ineligibility status: 4/19/09

Approval letter recieved: 4/25/09

Pink Sheet: 4/27/09

Visa Received : 5/19/09

US Entry : 5/21/09

Marriage : 5/27/09

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats :

Timeline

Getting a vistor visa for your fiancee isn't a good idea for a couple of reasons, one is the HCMC Consulate....... The other is she has to be able to get the visa on her own. For someone from Vietnam that means they have to show that they want to return to Vietnam, have conpelling reasons to return (ie, business, family, etc). In the case of a K1 visa, it is not likely that she could convince the Consulate she would return since you have filed to bring her to the US.

Most vistor visas to the US from Vietnam are granted to older Vietnamese who have enough money in the bank, land, homes, family,etc in Vietnam to convince the Consulate they would return. A 47 year old Vietnamese woman, I met on VietSingle tried to get a vistor visa to the US. She was trying to get to the US because she thought if she got here she could find a husband and stay. She had no relatives in the US but does have many friends who have moved here. From what she told me about the evidence she gave to the Consulate and that she was denied, it leads me to believe they check everything you submit very closely.

If you have the time, it's better that you go to Vietnam, that would make her family happier since they will get to know you better (remember you're taking her away from them) and strengthen your case to HCMC Consulate.

Peter and Thi

I-129F Sent : 2007-05-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-06-11

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-10-26

Touched: 2007-11-02

NVC Recieved: 2007-11-16

Consulate recieved ??????

Packet 3 sent 2007-12-11

Packet 3 received 2007-12-24

Packet 3 returned 2007-12-28

Packet 4 sent 2008-1-14

Email Reply with Interview Date 2008-1-23

Interview Date 2008-2-27

Passed Interview 2008-02-27

Visa Pick Up Date 2008-3-05

Received Visa 2008-2-29 (called to pick up earlier)

POE 2008-3-05 Los Angeles

Wedding 2008-4-26

Timeline

Yes I agree with you about me going to Vietnam. If I had enough money I would just live there. One of my goals is to try to save enough money to buy some land and just live there. However, I have made 2 trips and I am out of vacation with my company. I thought it may be an option for us to spend some time together. I guess I just do not think about the fraud aspect. It just never crossed my mind. Thanks for the info, I guess I will just have to wait. Now that I think of it, if it were possiable I am sure others would have done it and there would be advice on here about how.

Getting a vistor visa for your fiancee isn't a good idea for a couple of reasons, one is the HCMC Consulate....... The other is she has to be able to get the visa on her own. For someone from Vietnam that means they have to show that they want to return to Vietnam, have conpelling reasons to return (ie, business, family, etc). In the case of a K1 visa, it is not likely that she could convince the Consulate she would return since you have filed to bring her to the US.

Most vistor visas to the US from Vietnam are granted to older Vietnamese who have enough money in the bank, land, homes, family,etc in Vietnam to convince the Consulate they would return. A 47 year old Vietnamese woman, I met on VietSingle tried to get a vistor visa to the US. She was trying to get to the US because she thought if she got here she could find a husband and stay. She had no relatives in the US but does have many friends who have moved here. From what she told me about the evidence she gave to the Consulate and that she was denied, it leads me to believe they check everything you submit very closely.

If you have the time, it's better that you go to Vietnam, that would make her family happier since they will get to know you better (remember you're taking her away from them) and strengthen your case to HCMC Consulate.

Peter and Thi

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

Packet 3 sent 2007-12-11

Packet 4 sent 2008-1-14

Interview Date 2008-2-27

Wedding 2008-4-26

Jack & Xuan

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats :

Timeline
Has anyone tried to get a visitors visa for their Fiancé while they wait on the ever slowing USCIS to deal with the back log? I am not sure if it can be done but I was thinking maybe Xuan can come "visit" me here in the States until they send our packet to HCMC. Just a thought.

I inquired about this when I first began the process. My attorney advised me against it stating that it would be nearly impossible for a young female Vietnamese adult to get a visitors visa.

4432.gif

4977653_bodyshot_300x400.gif4980295_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
Yes I agree with you about me going to Vietnam. If I had enough money I would just live there. One of my goals is to try to save enough money to buy some land and just live there. However, I have made 2 trips and I am out of vacation with my company. I thought it may be an option for us to spend some time together. I guess I just do not think about the fraud aspect. It just never crossed my mind. Thanks for the info, I guess I will just have to wait. Now that I think of it, if it were possiable I am sure others would have done it and there would be advice on here about how.

Peter and Thi

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

Packet 3 sent 2007-12-11

Packet 4 sent 2008-1-14

Interview Date 2008-2-27

Wedding 2008-4-26

A foreigner can't own land in Viet Nam. I have wondered whether the Spouse gives up their right or if you are married there, like Thuy and I were, if you could then.

Timeline

There are conditions to owning land, the one I would qualify for is as long as you are married to a Vietnamees national and live in Vietnam you may own land. If you move away from Vietnam you are required to sell it.

Peter and Thi

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

Packet 3 sent 2007-12-11

Packet 4 sent 2008-1-14

Interview Date 2008-2-27

Wedding 2008-4-26

A foreigner can't own land in Viet Nam. I have wondered whether the Spouse gives up their right or if you are married there, like Thuy and I were, if you could then.

Jack & Xuan

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats :

Timeline

The laws in Vietnam about land ownership are changing. My understanding is that once a Vietnamese citizen leaves the country "for good", they lose the right to own land. However they seem to be changing that law. Here's the latest change in the law. http://blogs.iht.com/tribtalk/properties/roof/?p=411 So you may be able to just live there starting next year. But there are restrictions, etc that aren't that great but in the next few years, they may change the law again.....

Also in Vietnam, it appears that it's ok to give someone in your fiancee's family enough money to buy property and then rent to you.

Peter and Thi

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

Packet 3 sent 2007-12-11

Packet 4 sent 2008-1-14

Interview Date 2008-2-27

Wedding 2008-4-26

Filed: Country: Thailand
Timeline

I'm pretty sure a tourist visa would not be given with a pending immigration application. The consulate would assume you are getting tired of waiting and will try to short circuit the system and apply for AOS once she got into the US.

Young Asian women with connections to USC’s living in the US are rarely given tourist visas for this reason. If the USC is living in the country, they are almost always granted (assuming the application is done correctly)

TH

Timeline

I think it was a foolish question now that these points have been made. It just never occured to me to short circuit the system. My reason for asking the question is because I am out of vacation and can not go back again soon, so the next best thing I though would be for her to visit me. I try to anticipate problems and bad outcomes to situations I guess I just do not think about the dishonest aspect of items. It just does not occur to me most of the time that many people have no honor and would lie about anything like a visitors visa. When I told Xuan that I ask this question she was on the web cam and could not type for a min because she was laughing so hard. :whistle:

Jack & Xuan

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats :

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
I think it was a foolish question now that these points have been made. It just never occured to me to short circuit the system. My reason for asking the question is because I am out of vacation and can not go back again soon, so the next best thing I though would be for her to visit me. I try to anticipate problems and bad outcomes to situations I guess I just do not think about the dishonest aspect of items. It just does not occur to me most of the time that many people have no honor and would lie about anything like a visitors visa. When I told Xuan that I ask this question she was on the web cam and could not type for a min because she was laughing so hard. :whistle:

We are both fools then, because I researched it at the beginning of the journey!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.