raycjs

We Received our interview date and time from the embassy in bogota

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

We received our interview date for July 2008 at the embassy in Bogotá. I want to cross all my T's and dot all my I's

I would like to know if my fiancé and I can do the following? Please give me your feed back....

I would like my fiancé and her daughter to travel to Bogotá to see the doctors and get all of there shots

how far in advance can they do this. I would like them to travel to and from BQ to handle this on there own. I would then travel to BQ to meet them an then as a family I would like to travel one day before our apt to Bogotá then we can go to the interview as a family. After the interview I would like us to travel back to BQ they can wait until they receive there visa and say all of there good bye's I will then travel home and come back for them in a few weeks. At that time I would like to travel as a family home to the US.....

Please give me some feed back? Please let me know if this makes any since?

Thank you very much for all your insight.

I am very lucky our process start to finish

only took 5 months and 2 days from the time

they received our package to the time we received

our interview date

Ray

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

My wife is from Barranquilla - she got her vaccinations in Barranquilla - they are around the same cost in both places so there is no savings as such but a trip to Bogota can be $1000 plus each (for air tickets and hotels etc). Just make sure that they get their vaccination card filled out in Barranquilla and carry it with them to the medical. But yes, you can do it as you are planning. Good Luck

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

when in Bogota, another housing option for Visa applicants is a rooming house run by a very nice lady Dona Flor.

we found her rates reasonable and the rooms all have private baths with hot water.

I know there are other housing options for Visa applicants in bogota.

this is just another place to consider.

I stayed there with the wife and kids and had a good experience.

the address is Carrera 44C Number 22A-16 Quinta Paredes, Bogota, about 3 blocks from the embassy with plenty of nearby cafes and resturants.

the phone number is 269 8694

we paid about 90 bucks total a night for two seperate rooms with private baths.

breakfast incuded and very good security. nice neighborhood.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.