Cornishman

UK Police Certificates

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Hi all.

Even though we are currently pursuing the K3 route we still also have the I-130 approved so I want to get all documents ready to cover all bases.

It's the police certificate for the UK that puzzels me. Do I need certificates from all authorities in which I have lived since age 16? I have lived in several places in England. This would be a pain and seems a bit overkill! But is that what I need to get? Or just one certificate from the Police authority in which I am currently living?

And what is it that I specifically need to ask the Police for? Just want to make sure I get it right.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dave

Naturalization Process

1/17/2012 N-400 paperwork mailed

1/22/2012 N-400 paperwork delivered at USCIS Dallas, TX

1/23/2012 N-400 received, NOA issued

1/30/2012 NOA received in mail

3/8/2012 Fingerprinting

4/18/2012 Naturalization Interview

4/27/2012 Oath Ceremony - Philadelphia

Filed: Timeline

Hi Dave,

You only need one certificate to cover all of the UK and you get it from ACRO.

You will need a passport photo signed by someone of the list they give you and some proof of address.

http://www.acpo.police.uk/Certificates%5CA...0form%20pdf.pdf

This is the link .... they're pretty cool, mine arrived last Thursday and even has your photo on it.

All the information needed is in the link.

Sarah x

ps, if you've got the I-130 approved, I'd suggest you run with it ..... if you bang on with Lotopatience's shortcuts for NVC you'll be done in 4-6 weeks and I understand the interviews are quite quick out of London following that ..... you'll then have a greencard.

Edited by KipandSarahJayne

Hi Dave,

You will need a passport photo signed by someone of the list they give you and some proof of address.

This is the link .... they're pretty cool, mine arrived last Thursday and even has your photo on it.

Sarah x

ps, if you've got the I-130 approved, I'd suggest you run with it ..... if you bang on with Lotopatience's shortcuts for NVC you'll be done in 4-6 weeks and I understand the interviews are quite quick out of London following that ..... you'll then have a greencard.

Hi Sarah

I am going CR1 route and my hubby filed in Oct 2007 i see yours was filed in 2008 and yet you have approval which is great cause i don't like to think of people waiting a life time for approval. anyways was wondering what Senator did you send a letter to to get your case actioned ?

Jeff and i have spoke with Congressman and we are told 3 more months for adjudication yet i see CR1 approvals beyond our date of filing .....what can we do ? Hope you can help

I am in Scotland and my hubby is in Naples Florida - our files are at Vermont Service Centre ...we need some advice in what to say and who to speak to to get our case adjudicated.

Thanks

Michelle

Timeline
Hi Dave,

Sarah x

Sarah - thanks for the info. You are quick as ever to help and I really appreciate it. I have been to the site, downloaded the forms, got my passport style photos done and am ready to go.

Thanks again.

Dave

Naturalization Process

3/8/2012 Fingerprinting

Timeline

Got one other quick question for those of you who have interviews in the UK. Do we need 2 police certificates? One to send to the NVC for processing and the other to take to the interview?

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers

Dave

Naturalization Process

3/8/2012 Fingerprinting

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline
Got one other quick question for those of you who have interviews in the UK. Do we need 2 police certificates? One to send to the NVC for processing and the other to take to the interview?

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave

Personally I would get yourself a second copy, as it's only another £5. NVC do say on their web instructions that they recommend this as you need to send them the originals (or certified copies) and they can't guarantee that these will make it to London with your file, in which case you have to provide originals (or certified copies) at the interview. If you only get one copy and it gets lost it's another £35 to reapply. With this whole immigration process it's definitely better to be safe than sorry. I also got second copies of my birth and marriage certificates from the Registrars office to send with the DS230. They cost me £13.50 each and it only took 10 minutes, as both were registered at the same office where I live.

Hope this helps

Lyn

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.