naeem5175

Left USA while on K1 status

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

First of all, I would like to say that my heart goes out to you. Nobody deserves to be treated that way.

Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do about the situation with regards to re-entering the US except for applying for a tourist visa. I know that there might be cultural obstacles to overcome for you and that it's easier said then done, but at the same time I would initiate the divorce proceedings. After what your husband did to you, there's is no basis for a marriage and I think it would be incredibly hard for your to ever trust him again.

I'm not in your shoes and I'm sure you're going through extremely hard times. Don't let this situation get you down. You deserve better than this.

I wish you all the best and that you find the strength to put all this behind you!

In every difficulty lies an island of opportunity.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

He more than likely never filed for AOS for you and him. When he sent you back and you went to Pakistan, that was a mistake for you, you will not be allowed back into the USA since you are not out of status and left the USA with advance parole permission. Does not matter if you knew or not. And if he does not want you back, then why go back, he will not file for AOS and you will have to leave and go back anyway. More than likely there is no way for you to contest divorce and get back to USA legally now, and you will lose the divorce case and he will get a default ruling since you will not be in court that day. Best to move on and learn from it. :unsure:

I came to United State on K1 visa and registered my marriage within 90 days, I don't know if he ever filed for change of status for me.

My husband sent me back to Pakistan and told me that I can come back whenever I want to, I did not know anything about immigration process.

Now, he does not want me to come back and threatend me that he would file the divorce, How can I re-enter to USA or if he files the divorce can I get visa to contest my divorce? Please help me.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.