3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

hello, Well we sent the AOS packet on May 2nd, yesterday we went to open a join bank account, and when we were giving them the papers we realize that my last name was not right in the SS card, a letter is mising, my last name is Infante and they wrote Ifante, I got my SSN in the mail about 1 month ago, and we never saw that it was not right. . . what should we do? Is this bad? We are worried.

9-29-2005 - Sent off K1 Petition application. my brithday!!

10-03-2005 - Vermont received package

case number in the back of the check (bank online)

never Received NOA1 in mail

10-20-2005 - approved- SO SO HAPPY!!!

10-26-2005 - got NOA2 in mail saying the case was sent to NVC

11-01-2005 - got a letter from NVC saying the case was sent to Bogota embassy in oct 28th

11-04-2005 - got package 3 on Bogota and faxed DS-230 and OF-169, i will send them to the embassy too.

Filed: Timeline
hello, Well we sent the AOS packet on May 2nd, yesterday we went to open a join bank account, and when we were giving them the papers we realize that my last name was not right in the SS card, a letter is mising, my last name is Infante and they wrote Ifante, I got my SSN in the mail about 1 month ago, and we never saw that it was not right. . . what should we do? Is this bad? We are worried.

Well if it's been a month you might be out of luck without submitting a new application. SSA offices normally hold onto applications for 30 days before they ship them out to be microprinted. The other thing is did the SSA office make a typo or did you write it like that on the application. If the office still has the application and they made the mistake you can be issued a corrected card without submitting another application. Otherwise, you will need to submit a new application along with evidence of identity and work authorization.

One other thing is have you been here 76 days or more, if you have they won't issue you a card without you having an EAD card or I-551, but they should still be able to correct your SSN record.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.