RyaNRiza

Suggestions, Tips & Reminders For Medical Examination

25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I will just share a few tips and reminders to applicants who will have their medical examination in the future. I based these things through my own medical experience last May 19 – 20.

Suggestion

You can go to SLEC in the afternoon. I took the advice of individuals who were ahead of me in the medical that going there in the afternoon is much better because morning time would be too crowded with patients. On my first day I arrived at SLEC at 1:10 and finished at 5:30. On my second day from 2PM to 5:30. Not bad. Others were there since morning and were still there until late afternoon.

Things I brought during my medical exam:

1_934580661l.jpg

Don't be confused with the different pictures. The other one, I used it in my DS-16 form.

Filling up the patient data sheet forms

Reminders

- See to it that you have answered completely the needed info and thoroughly check the back page of each document because there are spaces there that need to be filled-up.

- You will notice the “alien (case) number” on the form which is where you will write your case number. On one of the pages, the “case” word is not included. It only appeared “Alien Number.” Don’t be confused with it, it’s the same as the “alien (case) number.”

US Counter

Reminders

- Get a photo copy of the confirmation email from the Embassy. The person asked me the said document and I had to go out to get it photo copied for she demanded a photo copy of the said email. You will keep the original one (although when it’s clear copy you could no longer distinguish which one is the original :D ) (Others who didn't have their confirmation email was able to make it. I don't know how the process go, but they can share their experience too)

- Write your name at the back of your 2x2 pictures. US counter will ask one. On the releasing counter on the 2nd day of medical they will ask 2 pictures.

XRAY Department, 3rd Floor

Reminder

Bring a clip/tie for your hair. Securely tuck your hair where your nape is exposed (it took me a while to do this inside the x-ray room because my hair is only up to my shoulders and the clip didn’t work well because short hairs would fall down and had my nape covered). Do it while you change your clothes to robe.

Laboratory (for blood and urine tests) 4th Floor

Reminder

- Do not take urine sample inside the women’s CR without the presence and knowledge of the clerk assigned just outside the CR. There is a small table for her and sometimes she leaves the table unattended. If you get your urine sample without her knowledge, it will be invalid for testing and you need to get another one. My first sample was invalid because I was unaware of this policy. So, I went down from the 4th floor, went out from the building to buy drinking water. It was a waste of time having to wait of urinating again just to get another sample.

Physical Exam, 5th Floor

Tip

- As much as possible, don’t wear shoes that require you to use socks. You have to take it off during height determination and physical examination. Taking it off and putting it back consumes time.

In my physical examination, I was assigned in room 7. The doctor was very nice and she didn’t give me a hard time. Be attentive to the questions she will ask while you disrobe. There were a few questions that made me chuckle. Most of the questions she will ask are found on the forms that you have filled-up. For your advance reference of the questions, you can read it while waiting for your turn. If only I knew it, I would have read it in advance.

Immunization Interview, 2nd Floor

Tip

- Trace the scar/s of your chicken pox (if you already had it). The doctor will ask you to show her your scar. That way, it will keep you from additional shot. (I only had 2 shots: MMR & Tdap)

2nd Day

Tip

Just relax during the vaccination. The needles are very small and not really painful at all (for those who are afraid of needles :D ). The only symptom I got based on the leaflet that they gave was feeling weak and tired. I had it for 2 days.

Reminder

- Do not forget to bring 2 pieces of your 2x2 picture with your name written at the back of each. During the first day I was wondering why they only asked 1 picture when most thread here mentioned 3. I found out that it was on the 2nd day that they ask for the remaining two. Good thing I brought the pictures with me when I went there for my medical result. Also, during my interview in USEM, I saw the pictures I gave to SLEC at the interviewer’s care.

A few more tips

- When going up and down using the elevator to undergo each of the step, if the floor mentioned on your guide is just located 1 floor away from where you are, better use the staircase. It’s much faster than waiting for the elevator’s door to open.

- For applicants who are not from Manila, SLEC’s map which is found on the USCIS website is very helpful (it was to me). You can print it and use it as your guide to locate the building.

1_238229804l.jpg

SLEC's building: It doesn't have the name SLEC outside the building, only the street address.

- When vendors outside will see you bringing your X-ray result in a brown envelope, they will ask you to buy a transparent plastic bag where you can securely keep your result from the possibility of getting it wet from the rain (or anything liquid). I was not supposed to buy it, but when the lady said that I can protect it from rain (and yeah, that time it was cloudy), I bought one from her. She gave it to me for 35Php from her first offer of 50Php. 35Php doesn’t hurt our pockets at all, having the X-ray result protected and handy.

1_314575151l.jpg

X-Ray result inside the transparent plastic bag for 35Php :D

The medical examination steps are not difficult at all. When you enter the building the guard will hand you a piece of paper where each step and the corresponding floor is written.

I hope these tips, reminders & suggestions will help future applicants in a little way. Have a great medical experience and I hope and pray that you will go out from the building on the 2ndday carrying with you your X-ray result and vaccination record because it would mean that you passed! :dance:

May God keep all of us healthy at all times!

Love,

Riza :dance:

My Journey to Motherhood

Our Wedding Pics

Onli In Da Pilipins - Collection of sights and thoughts for my beloved country.

Our Love HIStory

06/26/06: Met at Bigchurch.com

07/14/07: First meeting in person.

12/19/07: Got my surprise gift through snail mail: my engagement ring!

02/11-18/08: Valentine's Week together!

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765)

04/09/09: Sent packet to Illinois Lockbox

04/20/09: Received Notice of Action

04/27/09: Received Biometrics Appointment

05/09/09: Biometrics Appointment

06/01/09: Received EAD Card

08/18/09: Interview (postponed due to baby's delivery)

12/16/09: Interview - Approved!

2_613061495l.jpg

In her eyes I see the reflection of what love is all about.

"Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."

Ecclesiastes 4:12

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

THANKS FOR SHARING.........ITS GOOD YOU SHARE THIS RIZA....I HAD EXPERIENCE THAT TIME NG MAGPA DNA TEST SON KO.GRABE DI KO MAHANAP ST.LUKES...KC WALA PALA SYA SIGN,,,,,,BTW CONGRATS AGAIN .....GOD BLESS

lifequotes1.gif

AOS-EAD-AP TIMELINE

November 04,2008-Sent AOS package

November 17,2008-NOA date

November 21,2008-recieved NOA hard copy by mail

November 24,2008-Biometrics appt.letter recieved by mail (December 17,2008 -Biometrics Appt.)

November 26,2008- AOS touched (got emailed from CRIS)RFE on AOS

December 09,2008-RFE sent

January 8,2009 -AP approved

January 9,2009-EAD approved(status card production ordered)

January 15,2009- AP in the mailbox

February 14,2009 - EAD card in the mailbox..THANKS GOD..finally...

March 5,2009 - INTERVIEW AOS ( 1:30PM)

April 13,2009-welcome letter in the mailbox....

April 17,2009-GC recieved..Thank u LORD...

JEGO RYU CRBA

Sept.20,2007-sent papers to embassy

Jan.4,2008- USEMBASSY recieved the DNA test result"""'"acquired U.S citizenship"

Jan.15,2008-recieved my son U.S passport and certificate(delivered by fedex

K1

Dec. 14,2007-sent pet.CSC

MAY 1,2008---NOA2 in email(THANKS GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! )

July 7,2008-INTERVIEW

August 28,2008-FLIGHT(POE-HONOLULU,HAWAII)with my fiance and our son..THANK U GOD....

Sept,24,2008-got married

christian11.gif

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

te riza,

at talaga namang may mapa kapa ng SLEC from USEM :D hehe .,., thanks for the tips :)

:|: PiNk :|:

My son named Zac

"My son's smile makes my day complete"

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

MY K3 TIMELINE purple4.gifVid of how I prepared my interview documents purple.gifPapers that I brought on my USEM interview

AOS TIMELINE

06.17.2010 - submitted our papers

06.19.2010 - papers arrived at Chicago lockbox

06.24.2010 - Check cashed

06.28.2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy received (9 days from the day they got our papers)

07.05.2010 - Received Biometrics Schedule (July 26)

08.05.2010 - Biometrics done! (had to re-schedule from 7/26 to 8/5)

08.13.2010 - Got my interview letter

08.20.2010 - EAD card on production

09.06.2010 - Got my EAD Card (62 days)

09.07.2010 - Applied for SSN

09.14.2010 - SSN Card received

09.16.2010 - Interview schedule (APPROVED)

09.20.2010 - Welcome Notice Received ("Welcome to the USA")

09.25.2010 - 10 yr Green Card received! (98 days)

Timeline
THANKS FOR SHARING.........ITS GOOD YOU SHARE THIS RIZA....I HAD EXPERIENCE THAT TIME NG MAGPA DNA TEST SON KO.GRABE DI KO MAHANAP ST.LUKES...KC WALA PALA SYA SIGN,,,,,,BTW CONGRATS AGAIN .....GOD BLESS

Thank you jego_ryu. The map really helped me :)

My Journey to Motherhood

Our Wedding Pics

Our Love HIStory

2_613061495l.jpg

"Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."

Timeline
te riza,

at talaga namang may mapa kapa ng SLEC from USEM :D hehe .,., thanks for the tips :)

:|: PiNk :|:

LOL pink, talaga :D We were only riding jeepney and not taxi. So my friend and I explored the place. Also mga pedicab nila ang mahal. As long as you're already in the Mabini St. area, super lapit na lang ang SLEC kaya ok lang lakarin. :)

My Journey to Motherhood

Our Wedding Pics

Our Love HIStory

2_613061495l.jpg

[/color]Tip

Just relax during the vaccination. The needles are very small and not really painful at all (for those who are afraid of needles :D ). The only symptom I got based on the leaflet that they gave was feeling weak and tired. I had it for 2 days.

- When vendors outside will see you bringing your X-ray result in a brown envelope, they will ask you to buy a transparent plastic bag where you can securely keep your result from the possibility of getting it wet from the rain (or anything liquid). I was not supposed to buy it, but when the lady said that I can protect it from rain (and yeah, that time it was cloudy), I bought one from her. She gave it to me for 35Php from her first offer of 50Php. 35Php doesn't hurt our pockets at all, having the X-ray result protected and handy.

1_314575151l.jpg

Really nice Riz.. very detailed and with pics pa :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

I just want to comment on two points.

1."The only symptom I got based on the leaflet that they gave was feeling weak and tired."-- Weak and tired ka na ba non? Di halata ha :lol:

2.Had you crossed the street you could have bought the transparent plastic envelop for 30pesos sa small store doon gilid ng photocopier, sa gilid din ng SLEC may small store also which sells the plastic envelop for 30pesos (sorry, nakalimutan ko iremind ikaw bout it.. or nakalimot ba jud ko sulti?)... but ok narin yon bumili ka sa nakatayo sa labas, at least nakatulong ka din pambili nila bigas. :thumbs:

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

Timeline
Really nice Riz.. very detailed and with pics pa :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Thank you Gay :)

I just want to comment on two points.

1."The only symptom I got based on the leaflet that they gave was feeling weak and tired."-- Weak and tired ka na ba non? Di halata ha[/b] :lol:

LOL, actually I only had the symptom on Wednesday. The whole night of Tuesday I didn't get sleep because I was with the other girls bonding after the EB :D

2.[/b]Had you crossed the street you could have bought the transparent plastic envelop for 30pesos sa small store doon gilid ng photocopier, sa gilid din ng SLEC may small store also which sells the plastic envelop for 30pesos (sorry, nakalimutan ko iremind ikaw bout it.. or nakalimot ba jud ko sulti?)... but ok narin yon bumili ka sa nakatayo sa labas, at least nakatulong ka din pambili nila bigas. :thumbs:

Ah, really :D Kulit bitaw kaau to ang vendor. Di man gyud unta ko mopalit, but she mentioned about the rain, so that convinced me to buy one. Actually Almalyn who was with me asked the vendor to give the plastic bag for 30Php, pero wa jud nagpahangyo, na makalangay sa amo lakaw. It's good that you shared this one so everyone can buy at the store you mentioned for only 30Php :)

Thanks for sharing Gay :thumbs:

My Journey to Motherhood

Our Wedding Pics

Our Love HIStory

2_613061495l.jpg

Salamat Riza :star:

N-400

March 21, 2014 - Application sent thru Expressmail

March 25, 2014 - Received/Priority Date

March 26, 2014 - Check cashed

March 27, 2014 - Notice Date

April 2, 2014 - Notice for Biometrics Appointment thru email

Aprill 22, 2014 - Biometrics

April 24, 2014 - In line for interview

August 25, 2014-Scheduled for Interview

September 30, 2014 - Interview and Oath-Taking :joy:

Timeline

ate riza,

thanks for the infos and tips :D congratz again and god bless you.

nanz

AOS Journey:

Filing Date: December 28, 2008

Sent: January 3, 2009

NOA: Febuary 6, 2009

Biometrics: Febuary 18, 2009 (but originally scheduled for Febuary 26, 2009)

AP Approved: April 16, 2009

EAD Approved: May 4, 2009

Welcome Notice: May 14, 2009

"God is really good ALL the time, We praise you Lord"

"When they bring you to trial and hand you over, do not worry before hand about what you are to say; but say whatever is given you at that time, for it is not you who speak, but the Holy Spirit." ( Mark 13:11)

"And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age." ( Matthew 28:20)

"If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will the heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!" ( Matthew 28:9-11)

Timeline
Salamat Riza :star:

ate riza,

thanks for the infos and tips :D congratz again and god bless you.

nanz

You are very much welcome ez2007 and nanz. I really hope this thread will help those who will have their medical in the future. Also, when you are done with your medical, share your tips/reminders that are not on my list :thumbs:

My Journey to Motherhood

Our Wedding Pics

Our Love HIStory

2_613061495l.jpg

Timeline

THANKS RIZA FOR SHARING YOUR MEDICAL AND INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE. IT'S A BIG HELP FOR ME, I WILL BE HAVING MY INTERVIEW JUNE 19TH. BEFORE MY BIRTHDAY JUNE 20TH. I JUST WANT TO ASK HOW MANY COPIES OF DS 156, DS 156K AND DS-157 FORMS THAT WILL NEED TO FILLED UP? THANKS.

Timeline
THANKS RIZA FOR SHARING YOUR MEDICAL AND INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE. IT'S A BIG HELP FOR ME, I WILL BE HAVING MY INTERVIEW JUNE 19TH. BEFORE MY BIRTHDAY JUNE 20TH. I JUST WANT TO ASK HOW MANY COPIES OF DS 156, DS 156K AND DS-157 FORMS THAT WILL NEED TO FILLED UP? THANKS.

DS-156 = 2 copies (there are 3 pages for this form)

DS-156K = 1 copy

DS-157= 2 copies (1 copy I have was the form validated by BPI bank)

Good luck on your med exam and interview :)

-Riza

My Journey to Motherhood

Our Wedding Pics

Our Love HIStory

2_613061495l.jpg

1_314575151l.jpg

i got the bag for P20.. :devil:

:whistle:

"i don't know much about love but i know that i love him.."

Timeline
1_314575151l.jpg

i got the bag for P20.. :devil:

:whistle:

Grabe tawad mo Sherl ha :D That's a good thing for those who will have medical exam, pwede pa palang tumawad hanggang bente :D

My Journey to Motherhood

Our Wedding Pics

Our Love HIStory

2_613061495l.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.