sj_soulm8ts

My K1 interview experience

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
First of all I thank God and praise Him for being with me all the way through this visa process and in any situation always. Im sure you all are experiencing the same from His grace. I just had my interview last friday May 23rd. I came there around 7am and i thought I was already late for the 7.30 am appointment but I guess not coz eventually my process was finished along with those who came at 6am. However it was a long day of waiting. The guards were telling us it was over-crowded inside so we have to wait outside until 9.30, phew!

Anyways, there was no much of strict checking of things as regards to bringing of foods or liquids inside the premises. They didnt ask me anymore to take a sip out of the water bottle or anything.They were just more concerned of the electronic things. So passed 11 was called for pre-screening and so it was like this:

Questions being asked: Name of petitioner, his first and last visit, where and how we met, what did i do abroad ( germany & belgium), what's my fiance's work... and then asked me to give the ff docus: NBI, BC,CENOMAR,POL.Clearance, Affidavit of support and pictures.That's all..

And then waited for the interview with the CO:

CO asked me almost the same thing as the pre-screener did. She was friendly and nice, she greeted me the moment I get inside the room,

smiles always while asking me questions, but still that never calmed my nervousness down :blink: She did a lil chat with me and asked me if I can speak German and I said yes, "she said thats great, it's a beautiful language!" and i said "yes it is"... She browsed thru our paperworks as well as thru our pictures of me and my fiance together and she said " oh he's cute!" and i was just like smiling and realized to say thank you to that comment a minute later , due to the nervousness again! And then she said "did you apy the delbros alerady?" and i sais yes! CO then said everything looks fine and that our papers are fine, and I felt so good as i heard it until she said "we just have to wait for the verification from the NSO just to make sure it's not fake and that you're not married 10 times!" well she was trying to be humorous with that but as soon as I heard the verification thing I knew it there's a chance for white slip. I said thank you and CO said your welcome, take care! So i went out and there I got white slip from the window nr 38 and asked to pay 250 for visa delivery...

So now Im just welcoming myself to the club of the "white slips" waiting for the doc verification... Anyhow, Im still thankful that it's turned out well all in all! And to God thank you so much for His unending loving kindness!!! To all who are still waiting God bless you and good luck! Thank you to all fellow VJyers who have helped me and my fiance through this process, we wouldnt know better if we havent seen this site!!!

Congratulations!!!Hope you'll get your visa soon

Edited by AJ Litt

Congratulations!! May you get out of doc verification jail soon.

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi Ate Jenn,

Congratulations. And finally interview is done already.

:)

Shape

Thanks Shape,now we all just got to be patient in waiting for our visas...But I believe we will all get there sooner than we know :)

Timeline
congratulations!!!! your story is so warm that i can really sense the calmness you experienced at the usem. im happy for you

Thank you Shes ,good luck to your own visa journey and may you have a speedy process!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congratulations SJ :D I know how happy that made you :):thumbs:

-Riza

My Journey to Motherhood

Our Wedding Pics

Onli In Da Pilipins - Collection of sights and thoughts for my beloved country.

Our Love HIStory

06/26/06: Met at Bigchurch.com

07/14/07: First meeting in person.

12/19/07: Got my surprise gift through snail mail: my engagement ring!

02/11-18/08: Valentine's Week together!

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765)

04/09/09: Sent packet to Illinois Lockbox

04/20/09: Received Notice of Action

04/27/09: Received Biometrics Appointment

05/09/09: Biometrics Appointment

06/01/09: Received EAD Card

08/18/09: Interview (postponed due to baby's delivery)

12/16/09: Interview - Approved!

2_613061495l.jpg

In her eyes I see the reflection of what love is all about.

"Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."

Ecclesiastes 4:12

Timeline

Thank You for all the Congratulations Guys! I really hope and pray that I and everyone else who are still waiting for their visa will get it soon... and that this pending doc verification will be over soon for all of us...Thank you again for all the support my VJ family! :luv:(F)(L)

Timeline
I've congratulated you a hundred times already but another one won't hurt at all... so CONGRATULATIONS!!! :dance::dance::dance:

Ok lang yang, white slip na mag-aantay, at least alam mo bakit ka nag-aantay... sa akin, my verification result was with them during interview and I was only given the pink slip minus the white one YET I am still waiting for visa one week after interview while one of those who had interview same day as me have already recieved their visa (she is on K1 also and also have 2kids like me) and will be flying out of the country this friday na.. while another one is has their visa on its way na... sakin, the delbros site still says "in process at the embassy"... well, that is life.... we just have to play the endless waiting game here. Sorry for the rant...

Congrats again, estudyante na sad ka soon.... btw, the one who just received visa, kanang ako gimention above.. she said validity daw sa iyang visa kay May 22-Nov. 22 (interview date namo was may 21)... i immediately thought about you... makapaso pa jud diay ka. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Thank You Gaye!!!! You know you´re one of those who really inspired me through this journey. You´re an amazing person and you always help everyone as you can, and I´m thankful I got to meet you here! :luv:

Yes,it´s comforting to know na good for six months ang visa validity sa mga namention nimo na nakadawat na ug visa, kay gusto jud nako mahuman pa ko sa school diri before molarga pohon. Importante man pod gud na dba? And yes, student na pod ko next week hehe... Tomorrow I´ll be flying back to davao na and start managing my student life again while waiting for the progress of my doc.verification...

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Thank You for all the Congratulations Guys! I really hope and pray that I and everyone else who are still waiting for their visa will get it soon... and that this pending doc verification will be over soon for all of us...Thank you again for all the support my VJ family! :luv:(F)(L)

hello!!!

I read your message and your true hope that the pending doc will be over soon.my fiance file last April but 'till now we didn't receive any reply.Hope I can meet an April filers here. see you soon guys.

God bless us all!

Congrats to all April filers who received their NOA2!

May I know some April filers here?

April filers in CSC.

Just want to make friends.Hope to hear from you guys.

God bless to all!

Doug and Lyn

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.