6 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ok, so my check was cashed 5/24. Exciting? Yes! And looking at the scanned check that they cashed, they wrote a WAC number on the top. Im thinking..OK.. maybe its too early to track.. but I went to the USCIS website to check case status just for the heck of it.. entered in the WAC number and they were not able to locate that receipt number. bummeR! i guess its too premature.. but then how do they generate that WAC number?

Has this happened to anyone else? Or should I just wait for the letter to arrive?

Im just giddy, anxious, nervous and excited all in one. I'm sure you've all gone through all that at the same time. lol

Ok, any input would be great.

Have a great day everyone! :)

Rob and Jessica

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Sorry, you won't be able to use the number on the back of the cheque to track your progress, and it is unlikely that the number on the NOA when you receive it will work either. The number that you will be able to use to track your status is the one that is listed on your biometrics appointment letter. Getting the cheque cashed, though, is reassuring because you KNOW they have it now:).

California is processing applications very quickly so you can realistically expect your biometrics letter soon and a decision in about 5 or 6 months.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Hi!

How did you mail your packet? My husband just mailed it to CAL Service Center today but without being certified. I'm afraid that our packet might not be received. I was upset at my husband about this, he's very sorry as well but I just can't get over it. I know it's very silly. Any suggestion about tracking? Sorry about not being helped instead I asked. Good Luck!

Timeline

Hi Pat,

Once you have mailed it off without a tracking number there won't be any way to verify its arrival until you receive either the NOA or you can check with your bank to see if the cheque is cashed. Once the cheque is cashed you will see the date it was cashed/received on the back. We sent ours off certified and I had a return receipt so I know when it arrived and the cheque was cashed 7 days after the package arrived. The package took 4 days in the mail. Hope that helps to give you a time frame for when you might receive information about yours. I wouldn't worry too much - I am confident your package will arrive at the Service Center without a problem. Good luck!

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Hi Pat,

Once you have mailed it off without a tracking number there won't be any way to verify its arrival until you receive either the NOA or you can check with your bank to see if the cheque is cashed. Once the cheque is cashed you will see the date it was cashed/received on the back. We sent ours off certified and I had a return receipt so I know when it arrived and the cheque was cashed 7 days after the package arrived. The package took 4 days in the mail. Hope that helps to give you a time frame for when you might receive information about yours. I wouldn't worry too much - I am confident your package will arrive at the Service Center without a problem. Good luck!

This is off the subject but its so nice to see another fellow Cdn in the US spell cheques the french way still. I'm still weirded out with spelling it 'check'.. and others for that matter. lol

Rob and Jessica

Timeline

hehehe, I might be living in the States but I still insist on spelling things the correct way - the Canadian way! Check just feels WRONG unless I am checking something out - VBG!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.