mrgodai

package got returned back to me... help!

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

all my wife's forms got returned to us :(

she got 4 rejection notices along with her package

i-485 - incorrect check amount, telling me to pay $930 + $80 biometric

i-765 - incorrect check amount, telling me to pay $340

i-131 - incorrect check amount, telling me to pay $305

i-130 - incorrect check amount, telling me to pay $355, wrong zip in part C

We did include a check for $1,010 for i-485 that should cover i-765 and i-131 right?

We don't know why they send that back to me telling me it's the wrong amount

so what do we do now? just include the $355 check and fix part C and send the whole package back?

another thing I noticed that my wife's name on the notice is spelled "YA LAN" instead of "YA-LAN" that i put on all the forms, does that mean her first name now becomes "YA" and middle name is "LAN"? should I change all the forms to YALAN and send that in?

04/01/2008 : got Married!

05/09/2008 : Mailed AOS package for wife

05/12/2008 : Signed and Delivered at Chicago lockbox

05/26/2008 : returend back to me due to lack of check for i130 :(

06/05/2008 : send it out again

Make sure that on I-131 and I-765 you marked that the applications were being made in conjunction with an I-485.

K-1 Visa Process.

===========

See my timeline

AOS Process

========

01/23/08 - AOS Package mailed to Chicago Lockbox

01/25/08 - NOA1 for I-485, I-765 and I-131

02/15/08 - Biometrics for I-485 and I-765

02/18/08 - I-485 transferred to CSC

02/21/08 - I-485 & I-765 touched

03/11/08 - I-131 approved

03/18/08 - I-765 approved

03/19/08 - EAD arrives

03/20/08 - AP arrives

03/27/08 - I-485 touched

04/11/08 - I-485 touched (case received at CSC)

04/13/08 - I-485 touched

06/07/08 - I-551 Card production ordered

06/13/08 - Welcome Letter arrives

06/16/08 - I-551 Card arrives

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

In your situation. they cannot accept the I-485 without an approved or pending I-130 in the system... Since it appears you did not submit the fee for the I-130, acceptance of the I-485 is not possible...

Edited by fwaguy

YMMV

Check your package and make sure everything is right, they don't put a lot of details in the returned packages so the fee mightn't even be the reason. Change her name the way they want it (although I doubt that matters much). But inconsistent info is a reason too.

Removing Conditions

07/31/2010 - Filed for Removal of Conditions (I-751)

08/02/2010 - ROC Packet received

08/03/2010 - NOA notice date for I-751

08/05/2010 - Check cashed

08/07/2010 - NOA received for I-751

08/13/2010 - Biometrics appointment letter received

09/01/2010 - Biometrics taken

09/01/2010 - Case status appears online

11/08/2010 - Card production ordered

11/13/2010 - I-751 Approval Letter received

11/19/2010 - Green Card received in the mail

Citizenship

08/01/2011 - Filed for Citizenship (N-400)

08/03/2011 - N400 Packet received

08/05/2011 - Received email/text confirming application receipt

08/08/2011 - Check cashed

08/09/2011 - Biometrics notice sent

08/12/2011 - NOA received for N400

08/12/2011 - Biometrics appointment letter received

08/29/2011 - Biometrics taken

08/31/2011 - Case Status Notification: Placed in line for interview scheduling

10/11/2011 - Received yellow letter

01/11/2012 - Interview letter sent

01/17/2012 - Interview letter received

02/16/2012 - Interview & received Oath letter

03/06/2012 - Oath ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Check your package and make sure everything is right, they don't put a lot of details in the returned packages so the fee mightn't even be the reason. Change her name the way they want it (although I doubt that matters much). But inconsistent info is a reason too.

we had our k-2'd daughter's aos package rejected, just today, for the same reasons and we can't figure out what we did wrong. her aos package was put together exactly like my wife's was .... and she had no problems.

i'm going to keep searching the thread and in the mean time, i hope someone hear can shead some more light.

thanks

dvd

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

we had our k-2'd daughter's aos package rejected, just today, for the same reasons and we can't figure out what we did wrong. her aos package was put together exactly like my wife's was .... and she had no problems.

i'm going to keep searching the thread and in the mean time, i hope someone hear can shead some more light.

thanks

dvd

Was the K-2's application included in the same envelope as the K-1's AOS package?

YMMV

Timeline

thanks

dvd

Was the K-2's application included in the same envelope as the K-1's AOS package?

my k-1 wife's daughter followed to join. my wife received her green card, went back to her home country, and brought her daughter here (on a k2).

so .... no it was not included in the same envelope. her daughter's package was put together in exactly the same manner as my wife's, but .... it was rejected.

i'm still trying to figure it out.

thanks

dvd

Timeline
What fee did you include?

i sent them a check for $1010 (same as we previously did for my wife)

the first rejection letter states that i should have paid $1010. ????? i did!!

the second and last letter says that i should have paid for the i-131, 300ish dollars (i'm assuming separately), but ....

i didn't have to do that for my wife.

thanks for trying to help. maybe, the above info. helps.

my step-daughter was 13 when she got her visa, but she turned 14 before we applied to adjust status. i'm thinking that they aren't being careful when calculating her age.

who knows???

i appreciate you thoughts.

thanks,

dvd

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.