8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So Jovy and I went to the local Civil Surgeon, taking along the form she had from Manila embassy with some but not all vaccinations marked off. Some were either unavailable or not deemed appropropriate, so there were gaps. I told the CS that we were filing for AOS and only needed a I-693/vaccincation supplement since she had a full physical in Manila to get her visa. He noted from the forms that she did not have a TB test, which he said was the most important part. She recalls having a cough and them not wanting to do it, or some such. I was surprised that she received her visa without that, but anyway, the CS administered a TB test, and we returned after a few days. We went back the other day to pickup her original form and the 693 transposed and signed off by the Dr. He gave us a sealed envelope, addressed to the local (Newark, NJ) INS office. Need some advice on what to do?

1 - rip the envelope open, and take the vaccination page out to attach in our I-485 filing

2 - hold the envelope intact until such time as medical is requseted by the local office (envelope includes result of TB test and vaccinations - we hope)

3 - Make the sealed envelope an attachment within our I-485 filing.

Also.....Is a US passport photo the same standard used by USCIS?? It seemed much easier abroad, as many people in Manila knew what kind of pictures we needed so we didn't have to haggle. In the US, i guess most people never needed to do this, so are only familiar with passport photos. Just

want to double-check if its the same thing.

Many thanks for sound advice.

07-09-07 - Sent I-129F package via express mail to VSC

07-11-07 - USPS Express mail delivery confirmed at VSC

07-12-07 - Date of NOA1 (per case status search on USCIS web site)

07-13-07 - Date check cashed by USCIS for 129-F filing fee

07-16-07 - Date check posted to my bank

07-17-07 - Date check actually cleared my bank account online (& check image and case #visible)

11-27-07 - E-mail notice of NOA2, mailed to me on 11/27/07

12-03-07 - Notice of NVC receipt, assignment of MNL case number

01-03-08 - Packet (3/4?) info received from USE

02-01-08 - Medical Completed at St. Luke's

02-08-08 - Embassy Interview Appointment (APPROVED!!!)

02-17-08 - Visa received!!

02-25-08 - Jovy & Dan together for good

03-05-08 - Leaving MNL for Newark, NJ our POE and close to home.

04-26-08 - Civil service, officially married!!

06-14-08 - Private ceremony & reception (the big party)

You do NOT want to open the sealed envelope. Our civil surgeon was kind, and gave us a copy of the form he sealed in the envelope. But since your civil surgeon did not, just copy the outside of the envelope for your records, and send the envelope with your packet still sealed.

Edited by ready4ONE

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

So Jovy and I went to the local Civil Surgeon, taking along the form she had from Manila embassy with some but not all vaccinations marked off. Some were either unavailable or not deemed appropropriate, so there were gaps. I told the CS that we were filing for AOS and only needed a I-693/vaccincation supplement since she had a full physical in Manila to get her visa. He noted from the forms that she did not have a TB test, which he said was the most important part. She recalls having a cough and them not wanting to do it, or some such. I was surprised that she received her visa without that, but anyway, the CS administered a TB test, and we returned after a few days. We went back the other day to pickup her original form and the 693 transposed and signed off by the Dr. He gave us a sealed envelope, addressed to the local (Newark, NJ) INS office. Need some advice on what to do?

1 - rip the envelope open, and take the vaccination page out to attach in our I-485 filing

2 - hold the envelope intact until such time as medical is requseted by the local office (envelope includes result of TB test and vaccinations - we hope)

Also.....Is a US passport photo the same standard used by USCIS?? It seemed much easier abroad, as many people in Manila knew what kind of pictures we needed so we didn't have to haggle. In the US, i guess most people never needed to do this, so are only familiar with passport photos. Just

Ask the civil surgeon for a copy! Nice to have in case USCIS loses file.

Edited by Haole

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

DO NOT OPEN THE SEALED ENVELOPE, instead ask for a copy, as the others correctly adviced.

The AOS application requires that the photo be taken within 30 days (?) from filing so you might want to take a new one. I had my picture taken at CVS and the staff there knew what passport size is.

Removal of Conditions :

August 16, 2010 - Petition received by USCIS Vermont Center

August 20, 2010 - NOA1 received

October 4, 2010 - Biometrics

January 3, 2011 - Permanent 10 yr. Green Card Received.

Ditto on everyone's advice not to open the sealed envelope.

As to passport photos required with the application, USCIS says to check the Department of State guidelines. Click here for the details

08/17/08: Mailed N400 to TSC

08/19/08: USPS attempted delivery

08/20/08: TSC received N400

08/21/08: TSC cashed check

09/02/08: Received NOA...........Priority date: 08/20/08

..............................................Notice date : 08/22/08

09/02/08: Received Biometrics Notification

09/18/08: Biometrics completed - Charlotte DO

10/24/08: Received Interview Letter

12/08/08: Interview @ 1:00pm. APPROVED!

01/05/09: Oath Ceremony 10:00AM. Now officially a USC!!!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

01/17/09: Applied for US Passport and passport card

01/28/09: Received US Passport

01/29/09: Received US passport card

01/29/09: Received naturalization certificate back from passport office

Hi,

Few days ago, I've got my TD shot from the public city health department and it was free...and we sent the documents to

Dr. L E Arnold from texas to transcribed all my vaccination record to the suplemental form the I-693 . . . And today, i recieved the package from Dr. L E arnold the sealed envelop inside "suplemental documents and copy for my files" Wow! we only pay $20 to transcribed my vaccination record to suplemental forms by the Civil Surgeon. the TD shot was no fee . . . So am so happy . . .

They gave me also a copy for my personal file . .

Edited by kjw

AOS/EAD

o5-29-08--SENT THE AOS PACKAGE TO USCIS

o5-31-08--Item was delivered at 5:35 AM in CHICAGO, IL 60680.

o6-04-08--USCIS recieved the AOS and EAD package

o6-10-08--AOS and EAD NOA date

o6-14-08--Recieved a AOS and EAD notice for Biometric on June 24, 2008

o6-24-08--AOS and EAD Biometrics done today! @ 9:00 a.m in West Palm Fl.

o6-24-08--AOS and EAD touch!

o6-25-08--AOS and EAD touch!

o7-08-08--AOS case transfered to CSC

o7-11-08--AOS case pending at CSC

o8-07-08--EAD Card Production Ordered today!CRIS

o8-14-08--AOS touched

o8-15-08--Email from CRIS Welcoming for a new resident in the USA

o8-15-08--Email from CRIS EAD notice approval

o8-15-08--EAD card arrived in the mail, EAD was approved in 70 days.

o8-18-08--Received hard copy of WELCOME LETTER as a new resident in the USA

o8-25-08--GREEN CARD Card Production Ordered

o8-29-08--AOS Approved! without Interview

o9-02-08--Received GREEN CARD with out INTERVIEW, with out RFE.

• 4 weeks later...

When my husband & I went to the civil surgeon last week to complete my vaccination requirements, I was required to take TD shot, & second shot of MMR & varicella. No TB test was done to me. The doctor also gave us that sealed envelope with instructions to be opened only by USCIS along with my copy of vaccination done for my personal records. We will send our application for AOS next week once my documents are complete & we are going to send that sealed envelope together with the rest of the documents. I got my recent passport photos done at Walgreens...I like it coz it's fast & easy..Goodluck to your AOS filing.Looks like we will be filing within the same time frame.

"...when I found the one my heart loves, I held him and would not let him go..." - Song of Solomon 3:4

View my wedding photo slideshow

Visit my blog "Filipina In America"

Check out some articles I wrote

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.