nunyab

Muslims

2,650 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I don't have children yet, but I do have links. Imagine that :innocent:

Barakah Life - makes beauuuuutiful Ramadan calendars. The new website just went live, so it's a little buggy. You can see a better picture of the calendar here. I loved advent calendars as a child, and this would be the perfect thing for a muslim child - stick a little toy, a piece of candy, etc in each pouch and at iftar time, they get a little treat. She also maintains a site called Ramadan Joy that has craft projects and decoration ideas.

Mutmaina - unfortunately a geocities site that frequently goes over it's bandwith, but keep checking back, because it's totally worth it. Cute posters, coloring pages, children's stories.

Islamic Bookstore - has a large number of children's books, but I can't comment on the quality of most of them. There are a couple of really cool newer products that I've had my eye on by Learning Roots. In particular, I wanted to get the prayer practice calendar for myself, but I ended up making one on my own instead :lol:

Learning Roots - their direct webpage. They have a number of books on the prophets (as) that look to be the right age.

Muslim Sticker Company - cuz I loved stickers as a kid. Oh heck, I still love stickers!

Noor Arts - online muslim store aimed at kids.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
THIS is so cute and looks very light for the summer. Perfect for if you wear a tank top at home and then if you have to go run a quick errand just throw this on and go! I just can't decide what color to buy though :(

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Timeline

Decided on the coral. In a bad mood so shopping made me feel all betterer :blush:

Found this cool blog and I'm loving the pink number here:

post-42503-1246987708_thumb.jpg

Edited by doodlebugg

Timeline
Decided on the coral. In a bad mood so shopping made me feel all betterer :blush:

Let us know how it is when you get it :)

And I'm friends with the blog author. Small world :star:

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

Bridge, I'm totally loving that number. That is awesome! :dance:

Timeline

I say convert. I find the term revert to be awkward, and have never felt comfortable using it.

Revert is used because Islam is the religion of our fitra, our original nature, and in embracing islam, they are returning, reverting to that original state.

irhal.jpg

Timeline

Beyond Hijab: Modesty in Islam

In this lecture, Shaykh Faraz Rabbani gives advice on reframing the question of Hijab from one of form (clothing) to one of essence (modesty) by using the Prophetic example and the example of the best of women: Khadijah, Fatima, Maryam, A’isha, and Asiya (May Allah (subhana wa ta’ala) be pleased with them all).

irhal.jpg

Timeline

Yay or nay to a seperate Ramadan 2009 thread?

irhal.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I say YAY-this is my first real year as a muslim for ramadan i need lots of help! Jenn, when you can get in touch with me.

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline
I say convert. I find the term revert to be awkward, and have never felt comfortable using it.

Revert is used because Islam is the religion of our fitra, our original nature, and in embracing islam, they are returning, reverting to that original state.

Thank you for the explanation...I always thought that was it, but I, too, believe it should be "convert" if you were practicing another religion all along and then "converted" to a new one. I would see revert if you were muslim, converted to Catholicism and then reverted back to Islam. That to me is a reversion.

Just my 2 cents.

Timeline

Thank you for the explanation...I always thought that was it, but I, too, believe it should be "convert" if you were practicing another religion all along and then "converted" to a new one. I would see revert if you were muslim, converted to Catholicism and then reverted back to Islam. That to me is a reversion.

Just my 2 cents.

But the very point of saying revert is that you were born muslim, then converted to whatever your parents/elders/orphanage/what-have-you were, then when you went back to being muslim you "reverted" to your original religion.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.