Andres and Diana

Embassy mistake/glitch?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Ok....so this morning our visa was approved. We paid the visa delivery service Domesa and everything and left happy thinking that my fiances visa would be in the mail soon.

About an hour later we received a phone call from the Colombian Embassy stating that yes our visa was approved but that due to a Glitch in their system they couldn't issue the visa. They stated that the embassy was missing some internal paperwork that made it "illegal" to issue my fiances visa. They requested us to pick up the passport but upon arriving at the embassy they stated that we had the option of leaving it. Since my fiance and I are not from here we decided to leave it there...When we asked how long it would take to get the visa out they said they couldn't give a definite time.

So my question to you guys is....Has this happened to anyone else? Do they take long to resolve this matter? How long does it usually take?

I post this to all my fellow VJers in hopes to have a bit of peace. You can only imagine how we feel knowing that our visa is on its way one minute and then halted the next.

Let me know!

Thanks and kind regards,

Diana and Andres

10/17/07...Lawyer sent overnight to USCIS...
07/17/08...VISA RECEIVED!
POE LAX 07/25/2008
Civil wedding...8/1/08

AOS
08/25/08...NOA1
09/23/08...Biometrics
11/10/08...EAD and AP approved!
12/27/08...Appointment letter received
02/20/09...Appointment at local Santa Ana office
02/28/09...GREEN CARD RECEIVED!!!

REMOVE CONDITIONS
12/01/2010...Mailed I-751 for removal of conditions.
12/02/2010...NOA1
01/19/2011...Biometrics
03/10/2011...Card Production ordered!! Approval 10 Year Green Card!
**/**/****....card received

Naturalization Process

05/04/2013 application submitted

05/25/2013 biometrics done

06/25/2013 Noa received

07/29/2013 Naturalization Interview

08/21/2013 Oath Ceremony

Son was born 08/30/2013

.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Well firstly congratulations on being approved!! That's something to celbrate! :)

hmmmm well I guess it would depend on what paperwork they are missing in order to issue the visa. Is it something they need from you or just something they perhaps need from their internal database to have up and running in order to legally issue a visa? If that's the case, which it sounds like it is, i'm sure their techies are working on it (one would hope anyway) and it shouldn't be long. They probably aren't allowed to give definitive answers 'just in case'. ;) I have no idea if this is a common occurrence in Columbia.. have you asked in the regional forums?

timeline.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

I remember 2 other VJers who had to wait a little longer after their approvals because the embassy's printers were not working! :( I'm sure that what happened to you guys is similar, just some administrative stuff not being ready on time.

In one of those cases, they could not give a certain time to "fix the printer" but I think they got the visa after 1. 5 weeks.

The good thing is that you are already approved!!! Congratulations :)

Edited by eric_and_teresa

APPLIED FOR NATURALIZATION 07/2021

08.01.2011 - I-751 SENT

08.05.2011 - Check cashed

08.08.2011- NOA Received

08.19.2011 - Biometrics Letter Received

09.12.2011 - Biometrics Appointment

01.27.2012 - Card production ordered

02.01.2012 - 10 year GC Received

07.25.2021 - N400 filed online

08.09.2021- Biometrics re-use notice

04.18.2022- Interview done at Minneapolis USCIS Local Office   ✔️ Received N-652 "Congratulations your application has been recommended for approval" during the interview.

05.19.2022- Oath Ceremony in MN

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.