5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

My concern is that i am self employed. In 05 i did not file taxes as i did not meet irs income filing requirement and also i was claimed as dependent. End of 05 i started 2 businesses. 06 tax return show all combined income on line 22 as $6500. 07 i am showing income including a capital distribution income from my current partnership businees of about $20,000.

Will the 05 and 06 hurt me in any way. 07 seems to be over the the poverty line for 2.

I was going to include my assets, just in case.

I have a bank account i opened jointly with my mother over a year ago. I have over $50,000 could i show that amount with out having my mother as a joint sponsor.

Also i have Certificate of deposit with the same bank and joint in both my and my mothers name of just a little over $100,000. Can i show that as my asset on my i134 with out my mother as joint sponsor.

As a Certificate of deposit is can be short as 3months, 6months, or even 8months. If i was to havethe $100,000 placed into a Cd in just my name this month, for an interview that is most probable in end of july, august or september. Would that be ok as i know they require 1 year worth of bank statements but a Certificate of deposit is a not a bank account.

also if i was to get a joint sponsor,in my parents. My parents are landlord and due depreciation they are showing losses on tax returns for 07 and 0 income on 06 and about $70,000 income in 05 dues gains on sale of investment. So income they cant show, but combined between my parents they have all property paid off. They own real estate in amount of $500,000 excluding the primary residence which would bring it to about $700,000. Also if i was to include the bank accounts me and my mother have jointly to the sponsor form that would be about $100,000 in cd and over $50,000 in bank.

What would be best option for me ?

thank you for u time.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Since your 07 tax return is less than the 125% line you do need to to show the assets - provide proof of the assets e.g. bank statement. Generally speaking you need to show 3 times the amount that you are short. If you can show proof of the cd that you mention (bank statement) - I believe you are OK. Good Luck

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Timeline
Since your 07 tax return is less than the 125% line you do need to to show the assets - provide proof of the assets e.g. bank statement. Generally speaking you need to show 3 times the amount that you are short. If you can show proof of the cd that you mention (bank statement) - I believe you are OK. Good Luck

125% poverty for 2 people is $17500. My 07 return is showing loss from business as well as income from capital distribution of current partnership business to come out to adjusted gross income of $20,000. So I am over the 125% by 2500.

I have about 100,000 in a current cd but it is jointly owned by my mother and i. Could i show that with out having her as sponsor. also could i just open a new cd this month for a interview most likely in end of july, august and sept. As cds are always short term.

Could i use my parents as joint sponsor even though they have no income but have lots of assets.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
125% poverty for 2 people is $17500. My 07 return is showing loss from business as well as income from capital distribution of current partnership business to come out to adjusted gross income of $20,000. So I am over the 125% by 2500.

I have about 100,000 in a current cd but it is jointly owned by my mother and i. Could i show that with out having her as sponsor. also could i just open a new cd this month for a interview most likely in end of july, august and sept. As cds are always short term.

Could i use my parents as joint sponsor even though they have no income but have lots of assets.

Oh I thought your AGI was only 6500. Generally the AGI is less than the total income, I can't figure out how adjustments made your AGI higher than total income, but if it is so, then so be it. No, you don't need to do anything else then, you are OK, but I am still puzzled by the tax form outcome. Good Luck

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Timeline

Oh I thought your AGI was only 6500. Generally the AGI is less than the total income, I can't figure out how adjustments made your AGI higher than total income, but if it is so, then so be it. No, you don't need to do anything else then, you are OK, but I am still puzzled by the tax form outcome. Good Luck

the $6500 is total income for 2006 and 2006 AGI is 5800.

Total income in 2007 is $20,000 and so is the agi. AGI and total income is same as i was taxed on capital gains received.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.