Rigoletto

Delivery status concern

2 posts in this topic

Hi:

I sent my I-751 package to TSC on 05/17/2008 with priority mail and delivery confirmation. When I checked delivery status today through USPS, it had the following message: "We attempted to deliver your package at 3:12pm. We left a notice. It can be redelivered or it can be picked up at the post office. If unclaimed, it will be returned to sender."

What does this mean? Will they at least try to redeliver it? I doubt USCIS will go collect it at the post office, and I am worried it will just be sent back. Has this happened to anyone else? Is it just a standard message?

Thanks for your help.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

No need to worry - this happens all the time. TSC collects the mail at a certain time each day. If your package arrived after they had collected the mail for the day, USPS leaves them a notice that the package is waiting for them to collect. TSC then picks it up the next time they go to collect the mail - usually the next day. The PO Box you mailed it to is specific for TSC and they will definitely collect all of the packages - and notices that there are packages waiting for collection - the next time they go. You will find tomorrow when you check that your package has been delivered to TSC just fine.

Just a bit of additional information . . . TSC has not been sending out the NOA Receipt/Extension letters since early February, so don't worry if you don't receive one. TSC has been transferring the petitions to VSC. The cheques are generally cashed in about a week to 10 days after delivery and shortly after that the applications are forwarded to VSC. You should be able to tell when your cheque has been cashed by checking with your bank account on line. You won't be able to check the status of your application on line, though, until you receive your biometrics letter. It has a different number than the one on the NOA and written on the back of the cheques, and that is the one that is linked to the case status updates. The biometrics letters are generally going out around 4 to 6 weeks after TSC receives your application and the appointments seem to be for about 10 days to 3 weeks after that.

Most of us have made INFOPASS appointments with our local Immigration offices and got the I-551 stamp placed in our passports. USCIS knows that there is a problem with the receipt letters and are being very compliant about giving the stamp so you shouldn't have any problems. You just need to bring your current green card and your unexpired passport. They use your A# to look up your information. They may also be able to give you your biometrics number (important to stress 'biometrics') so you can look up your status on line, if you haven't received your letter yet. Welcome to the journey!

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.