morocco4ever

Brazilian Recipes?

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Hi all,

My hubby is Moroccan, but works with a woman that is from Brazil. She is constantly cooking food and bringing it to work for everyone. He is going crazy over this food. I have her number, but I guess I am too shy too call her to ask her for some recipes.

So for my question, is there a thread somewhere here with some of these great Brazilian dishes that is in English?

This is how I make feijao:

Make pinto beans and when they're done chop up some chourico and mandioca and let it cook for another hour.The recipie I have calls for chopped up hard boiled eggs,but I hate them so I never add them.You could do this in the crock pot if you wanted to.

Thank you so much. Stupid question here. What is courico and madioca? Where do I get it? Maybe I should just give up and make him egg sandwiches...lol

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Panama
Timeline
Hi all,

My hubby is Moroccan, but works with a woman that is from Brazil. She is constantly cooking food and bringing it to work for everyone. He is going crazy over this food. I have her number, but I guess I am too shy too call her to ask her for some recipes.

So for my question, is there a thread somewhere here with some of these great Brazilian dishes that is in English?

This is how I make feijao:

Make pinto beans and when they're done chop up some chourico and mandioca and let it cook for another hour.The recipie I have calls for chopped up hard boiled eggs,but I hate them so I never add them.You could do this in the crock pot if you wanted to.

Thank you so much. Stupid question here. What is courico and madioca? Where do I get it? Maybe I should just give up and make him egg sandwiches...lol

Ooops I'm sorry :wacko: .Chourico is a spicy portuguese sausage and mandioca is a distant cousin of the potatao.Before I was able to actually get mandioca,I would use yuca instead.You have to boil the yuca first though becasue it's always hard.

yeah we don't have farofa here, farinha de mandioca. I ordered it online.

We have tons of it here.Before one would have to go to Hyannis to get it.

Edited by panamania79

May 7,2007-USCIS received I-129f
July 24,2007-NOA1 was received
April 21,2008-K-1 visa denied.
June 3,2008-waiver filed at US Consalate in Panama
The interview went well,they told him it will take another 6 months for them to adjudicate the waiver
March 3,2009-US Consulate claims they have no record of our December visit,nor Manuel's interview
March 27,2009-Manuel returned to the consulate for another interrogation(because they forgot about December's interview),and they were really rude !
April 3,2009-US Counsalate asks for more court documents that no longer exist !
June 1,2009-Manuel and I go back to the US consalate AGAIN to give them a letter from the court in Colon along with documents I already gave them last year.I was surprised to see they had two thick files for his case !

June 15,2010-They called Manuel in to take his fingerprints again,still no decision on his case!
June 22,2010-WAIVER APPROVED at 5:00pm
July 19,2010-VISA IN MANUELITO'S HAND at 3:15pm!
July 25,2010-Manuelito arrives at 9:35pm at Logan Intn'l Airport,Boston,MA
August 5,2010-FINALLY MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 23,2010-Filed for AOS at the International Institute of RI $1400!
December 23,2010-Work authorization received.
January 12,2011-RFE

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

no one really posted any recipes LOL

I'll start then, I don't think it's any typical or something everyone eats in Brazil, but it's really good, and so far I haven't known anyone that didn't like it.It's also really simple and fast.

Batatão (big potato)

-5 of the big potatoes

-1 teaspoon of salt

-Ham in slices(water added, not the honey ham ####### lol)

-mozzarella cheese (the more cheese, the best!)

-1/2 cup of requeijão(spread cheese named puck, it's a white thingy that's sold in indian/arabic stores, comes in a glass with a blue big cap with a flower on top of it)

Peel the potatoes and slice them in circles, about an inch thick slices, boil water(enough to cover all the potatoes), once it's boiling add the salt teaspoon and add the slices potatoes.

Let them boil always stirring and checking how soft they are, check with a knife, once they break in half, they are good.

Once they are soft, get rid of the water and arrange it in glass thingy(sorry, forgot the name now hahaha like the ones you use for lasagna)like this: one layer of potatoes, one layer of spread cheese, one layer of ham, one layer of cheese, all the way to the top, finish it with a layer of cheese and take it to the oven, medium temperature, for about 10 min(just enough to melt all the cheese).

That's it, it is as simple as it is good, all my family loves it and whoever tried it, can't believe how good and simple it is.

Have fun and let me know if you liked, I'm gonna post a dessert to go with it.

02/20/2008 - wedding

06/09/2008 - finally sent package!

06/11/2008 - package received

06/19/2008 - NOA received - I-485, I-130, I-765

06/23/2008 - I-765 correction sent

06/25/2008 - I-765 correction received

06/30/2008 - NOA received, biometrics scheduled

07/11/2008 - I-485, I-765 touched

07/15/2008 - Biometrics

09/14/2008 - 90 days since NOA, no news about my EAD.

09/15/2008 - Called USCIS, no holds on my case, they made an inquiry on my EAD.

09/20/2008 - Got a letter saying they are working on my I-765 actively and there's nothing they could do, I have to wait for 6 more months till I'm "out of the" timeline again GRRRRRRRRRRR

09/25/2008 - Infopass appt.

09/26/2008 - EAD, card production ordered. YAAAAAAAAAAAY

09/29/2008 - EAD touched

10/01/2008 - EAD touched

10/03/2008 - Approval notice sent!yupyyyyyyyyyy

10/04/2008 - Finally received the EAD, time to go job hunting!

11/19/2008 - Interview letter received

01/13/2009 - Interview date APPROVED

01/13/2009 - Card production ordered

01/22/2009 - Aproval notice sent

01/22/2009 - Received Green Card YAAAAAAAAAAAAY

.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

There goes another easy simple and delicious recipe.

Pink dessert

-one can of sweetened condensed milk.

-one can of table cream(also called media crema, you can find it at walmart in the latino aisle)

-one can of boiled water(use the sweetened condensed milk can)

-one jello package(any pink ones, pick the one you like more, I think strawberry is the best, though)

Pour the sweetened condensed milk can in a blender.

Place the jello in a tupper ware and and add the water(while still boiling) mix it well until no "little pieces" are left.

Add that to the blender and the table cream, as well.

Blend it for 2 minutes.

Take it to the frigde for about 2 hours til it's bubbly and hard(it has the consistency of a mousse.)

02/20/2008 - wedding

06/09/2008 - finally sent package!

06/11/2008 - package received

06/19/2008 - NOA received - I-485, I-130, I-765

06/23/2008 - I-765 correction sent

06/25/2008 - I-765 correction received

06/30/2008 - NOA received, biometrics scheduled

07/11/2008 - I-485, I-765 touched

07/15/2008 - Biometrics

09/14/2008 - 90 days since NOA, no news about my EAD.

09/15/2008 - Called USCIS, no holds on my case, they made an inquiry on my EAD.

09/20/2008 - Got a letter saying they are working on my I-765 actively and there's nothing they could do, I have to wait for 6 more months till I'm "out of the" timeline again GRRRRRRRRRRR

09/25/2008 - Infopass appt.

09/26/2008 - EAD, card production ordered. YAAAAAAAAAAAY

09/29/2008 - EAD touched

10/01/2008 - EAD touched

10/03/2008 - Approval notice sent!yupyyyyyyyyyy

10/04/2008 - Finally received the EAD, time to go job hunting!

11/19/2008 - Interview letter received

01/13/2009 - Interview date APPROVED

01/13/2009 - Card production ordered

01/22/2009 - Aproval notice sent

01/22/2009 - Received Green Card YAAAAAAAAAAAAY

.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.