Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Renewing driver's license in NYC on extension letter?

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts


Has anyone had any luck renewing a driver's license in New York City with an I-751 extension letter. Her temporary (2 year) green card just expired and she received the one year extension letter. The DMV says they need a bar code and don't accept letters; USCIS says that's their prerogative. Both the DMV and USCIS have been extremely unhelpful, meanwhile my wife is losing work because she can't drive anymore.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have read of some needing to do an Info-Pass appointment, and explaining the problem to an IO and getting an I-551 stamp in passport. The DMV should accept the I-551 stamp.

A foreign passport with a valid I-551 stamp or a statement on the visa. The passport must be in English or translated by an embassy.


Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.



Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.