PGM

Visa approved @ Consulate! WHAT NEXT?

2 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

Our K3 Visa was approved earlier this week & now I am trying to plan for steps ahead....I have been reading the Adjustment of Status Guide and the AOS Forum for guidance & have noticed some conflicting/confusing information. I'm a bit confused about certain things & have some questions. I would like to submit the I-485, EAD, and Application for Travel together ($1010) at one time. Having said that, My questions are:

1. Do we need to apply for a SSN before we submit AOS package? If not, when do we apply for SSN?

2. Our I-130 was approved with our I-129F & I-129F was transferred to NVC. Is there anything that needs to happen with the I-130 at this stage, or do we just leave that alone and apply for AOS?

3. How long is the I-94 Valid when issued for K-3s?

Thanks in advance everyone! Whatever info. all can provide will be much helpful!

PGM B)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

1) K-3 is not work authorized so SS office wont issue a SSN until the K-3 has EAD card or Green-card. SSN is not required to file AOS.

2) If NVC has the I-130 you can either go through the CR-1 process and interview for CR-1 visa, OR you can file I-485 and adjust status.

3) I-94 is valid for up to 2 years for a K-3.

A strategy that many K-3's take is to apply for EAD first pay the fee for EAD, and then later closer to or after 2nd wedding anniversary they apply for AOS, but not apply for AOS longer than 1 year past visa medical. This approach can result in 10 year permanent green-card. It saves from having to apply to remove conditions on a 2 year green card. The fee for EAD is less than removal of conditions.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.