Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Visa approved @ Consulate! WHAT NEXT?

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello Everyone,

Our K3 Visa was approved earlier this week & now I am trying to plan for steps ahead....I have been reading the Adjustment of Status Guide and the AOS Forum for guidance & have noticed some conflicting/confusing information. I'm a bit confused about certain things & have some questions. I would like to submit the I-485, EAD, and Application for Travel together ($1010) at one time. Having said that, My questions are:

1. Do we need to apply for a SSN before we submit AOS package? If not, when do we apply for SSN?

2. Our I-130 was approved with our I-129F & I-129F was transferred to NVC. Is there anything that needs to happen with the I-130 at this stage, or do we just leave that alone and apply for AOS?

3. How long is the I-94 Valid when issued for K-3s?

Thanks in advance everyone! Whatever info. all can provide will be much helpful!


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

1) K-3 is not work authorized so SS office wont issue a SSN until the K-3 has EAD card or Green-card. SSN is not required to file AOS.

2) If NVC has the I-130 you can either go through the CR-1 process and interview for CR-1 visa, OR you can file I-485 and adjust status.

3) I-94 is valid for up to 2 years for a K-3.

A strategy that many K-3's take is to apply for EAD first pay the fee for EAD, and then later closer to or after 2nd wedding anniversary they apply for AOS, but not apply for AOS longer than 1 year past visa medical. This approach can result in 10 year permanent green-card. It saves from having to apply to remove conditions on a 2 year green card. The fee for EAD is less than removal of conditions.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.



Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.