hbunch

For: Pushbrk- I need ur advise!!!!!

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Pushbrk,

The VSC is the one handling our case. The I-130 was approved last May 07, 2008, Hardcopy NOA2 received May 14, 2008. While the NOA2 for the I-129F is still pending!

This is really weird!: me and my husband where talking today and i asked him to call the NVC 24 hrs hotline NO. (603) 334-0700 just out of plain curiosity. The system asked for the USCIS Case No. or the NVC case / Receipt Number. We entered the USCIS case NO. Assigned from the NOA1- I130. To our surprised the NVC recording stated that on May 14, 2008 we were assigned case No. MNL2008xxxx for both me and my child and also stated to allows 6 to 8 weeks to notify the Lawyer. (since we are using a Lawyer).

Next, we attempted to enter the USCIS case / Receipt No. for the I-129F and the recording states: NO RECORD IS FOUND / FILED IN THAT OFFICE!.

Our question is this: HOW COME THE NVC ASSIGNED A CASE NO.MNL2008XXXXXX, WHEREIN OUR I-129 IS STILL PENDING? NO NOA2 FOR THAT AT ALL, TO THIS DATE???

We thank you in advance for your expertise on this matter.

Timeline
Pushbrk,

The VSC is the one handling our case. The I-130 was approved last May 07, 2008, Hardcopy NOA2 received May 14, 2008. While the NOA2 for the I-129F is still pending!

This is really weird!: me and my husband where talking today and i asked him to call the NVC 24 hrs hotline NO. (603) 334-0700 just out of plain curiosity. The system asked for the USCIS Case No. or the NVC case / Receipt Number. We entered the USCIS case NO. Assigned from the NOA1- I130. To our surprised the NVC recording stated that on May 14, 2008 we were assigned case No. MNL2008xxxx for both me and my child and also stated to allows 6 to 8 weeks to notify the Lawyer. (since we are using a Lawyer).

Next, we attempted to enter the USCIS case / Receipt No. for the I-129F and the recording states: NO RECORD IS FOUND / FILED IN THAT OFFICE!.

Our question is this: HOW COME THE NVC ASSIGNED A CASE NO.MNL2008XXXXXX, WHEREIN OUR I-129 IS STILL PENDING? NO NOA2 FOR THAT AT ALL, TO THIS DATE???

Anybody is welcome to give his/her ideas/opinions. Thanks!

hbunch

Pushbrk,

hbunch

I'd stick with the I-130 as it's a MUCH cheaper, less stressful and the CR-1 is a much BETTER visa. You get your GC and SSN in the mail a short time after arrival in the US.

No need to pay $1010 and go thru the hassles of adjusting status.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline
Pushbrk,

hbunch

I'd stick with the I-130 as it's a MUCH cheaper, less stressful and the CR-1 is a much BETTER visa. You get your GC and SSN in the mail a short time after arrival in the US.

No need to pay $1010 and go thru the hassles of adjusting status.

Thank you for ur advised, but what i know about this processing stuff based on VJ'ers timeline, specifically here in Phils. the moment NVC assigned the MNL2008xxxx case number, they will forward it to U.S. Embassy - Manila. Then call USEM-Manila for confirmation of the petition and set for the schedule of the Interview. While waiting for the interview date, the Beneficiary will undergo the Medical Exam. Meaning we are close to the interview thing. However, we got confused because our I-129F is still pending but we do have MNL2008xxxx Case No. assigned already. My goodness! so confusing actually. Anybody there can help us interpret??? Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

ok haole is right the I-130 is a better visa it is cheaper and better all around. ok to interpert it a little more. the I-130 is not sent to the embassy till it is processed with the nvc and all the doc. and fee are paid there for the process and then there is nothing more to pay till doc. ver. and delivery and medical are the only things needed. but thats after the nvc.

the nvc will collect the I-864 and the DS-230 and forward it to embassy after review and approval. then they set interview for you

ok the I-129f is a more costly visa. besides the 1010.00 usd to adjust your status there is the waiting to be able to work. when uscis is finished with the 129f it is forwarded to nvc and then a case number is assigned then it is forwarded to embassy where they collect all the doc needed to process the visa you also have to call the embassy to set up appointment for interview there is more stress and hassles.

my wife got here cr-1 visa and she has her gc and her ssn and is looking for work and she got here in the usa april 22

good luck and hope this helps some only you can make the decision on whats best for you

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

if I were you I would call NVC and talk to a real person and bybass the recordings.

They will tell you what is going on.

I would guess that they approved the 129F and didn't update

K3 and CR are COMPLETELY different visas. They are provcessed seperately. Only connection is you have to have I-130 approval to apply for the I-129F.

Also need it to adjust status if you choose to go with the K3.

If you do the Cr-1 . No need a 1-129F at all.

I blew it and went with the K3/K4. Now wish we didn't!!!

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Hi! That's what happened to us too. We sent our I130 on June, followed shortly by the I129. On August, I130 got approved and NVC assigned us an MNL case number while I129 was still pending. So we thought we'd go the I130 route cuz in the end it will be cheaper. We sent back the forms and processed the I130. On December, as we were nearing the last steps, the NVC gave us an RFE and we quickly sent the pending document back and waited for our case to be completed. Before the Chirstmas break though, our I129 got approved and by January, our case was sent to the USEM. In short, we shifted and went the K3 route cuz we couldn't bear to be apart for soo long. Had my interview and been here in the US for 2 months now and our CR1 is still pending. Although I think they stopped working on it since I'm already here.

My point is, if it's important for you to be with your husband ASAP, go the K3 route cuz I129s get approved a lot faster (based on a lot of I129 approvals here in VJ). If you can wait another 2 or 3 months, do the CR1 route because it's cheaper, easier and once u get here, ur life can go on as usual. When i got here, we have to apply for AOS, pay $1010, and wait til i have my conditional green card and work permit before i can get a job.

I hope i was able to help :) God bless ;)

Sent N400: Oct 27, 2011

NOA: Nov 1, 2011

Biometrics: Nov 16, 2011

Yellow letter date: 12/14/2011

Yellow letter received: 12/19/2011

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.