hbunch

ATTENTION K3 FILERS VERMONT / CSC

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Our I-130 was approved last May 07, 2008, while I-129F is still pending. I read lots of post in this forum why only the I130 was approved and not the I-129F. My husband called USCIS/NVC/VSC to clarify the status of our I-129F. Luckily we got the same answers that its on process and not cancelled at all. Aside from that, i kept on surfing and wanted to know the exact reason why some of our fellow VJ'ers didnt get any developments with their K3 I-129F after I-130 was approved. THE ANSWER IS: its a matter of citizenship between A NATURAL BORN USA CITIZEN and US RESIDENTS.

The USCIS has implemented change of process because most K3-3 beneficiaries apply for lawful permanent residence by filing Form-148, Applicaton to REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE or ADJUST STATUS, following their arrival in the United States, as opposed to using their approved Form I-130 petition to apply for an immigrant visa abroad. By retaining the approved Form I-130 petition at the NRC, USCIS will reduce unnecessary file movement and eliminate applicable costs and fees associated with immigrant visa processing.

If the beneficiary should later elect to consular process instead of applying for adjustment of status, Form I-1824, Application for Action on Approved Application or Petition, must be filed with the USCIS office that approved Form I-130. Upon favorable action on Form I-1824, USCIS will send Form I-130 to the NVC.

This Internal transfer of work does not alter the existing filing instructions for any of the forms. Accordingly, USCIS customers who file Forms I-130, I-129F (K3-spouses of U.S. citizens only), and I-485 should continue to follow the current filing instructions on these forms. Customers affected by this transfer will receive a receipt notice from the NBC notifying them of the location to which their Form I-129F has been transferred.

So, to those US NATURAL BORN CITIZEN spouses still waiting for the pending I-129F just wait and it will come soon. While to US RESIDENT, u may be opted to route CR1 or IR1. For more detailed information click this link:

http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/PN_i-129f.pdf

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

ate,

thanks for sharing this :)

PiNk

My son named Zac

"My son's smile makes my day complete"

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

MY K3 TIMELINE purple4.gifVid of how I prepared my interview documents purple.gifPapers that I brought on my USEM interview

AOS TIMELINE

06.17.2010 - submitted our papers

06.19.2010 - papers arrived at Chicago lockbox

06.24.2010 - Check cashed

06.28.2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy received (9 days from the day they got our papers)

07.05.2010 - Received Biometrics Schedule (July 26)

08.05.2010 - Biometrics done! (had to re-schedule from 7/26 to 8/5)

08.13.2010 - Got my interview letter

08.20.2010 - EAD card on production

09.06.2010 - Got my EAD Card (62 days)

09.07.2010 - Applied for SSN

09.14.2010 - SSN Card received

09.16.2010 - Interview schedule (APPROVED)

09.20.2010 - Welcome Notice Received ("Welcome to the USA")

09.25.2010 - 10 yr Green Card received! (98 days)

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Wow, this was awesome! Thanks for sharing that with us! It's very interesting! :)

zachsmile2ym1.jpg

Married 3/15/07

USCIS:

NOA1: 5/23/2008

NOA2: 9/12/2008

NVC:

They received: 9/24/2008

Case Complete: 12/1/2008

Interview: 03/24/2009

Received approved visa (after RFE in interview): 04/21/2009

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.