Toastburglar

Dr. Doane (Halifax) medical timeline

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi all. . . Just relaxing here in sunny Orlando :)

My Montreal interview is June 13th, so I'm flying back to Canada for that. . . but I haven't done my medical yet.

My plan is to stay on PEI and drive over to Halifax to get the medical done, return to PEI, and then drive to Montreal for the interview (and back to pei again to wait for the mail).

I'm just trying to book my flight now, I'm wondering how long it takes for the medical results from Dr. Doane's office. I thought I heard something about picking them up the next day, but I might be way off. I tried calling them today, but they are only there in the mornings on Fridays apparently.

Anyways, any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Toastburglar's Timeline

Married Feb 14/07

mailed I-130 May 25/07

never got NOA1 :)

NOA2 Oct 17/07

Case complete Mar 26/08

Medical June 3/08

Interview June 13/08

Visa received June 16/08

Crossed border July 3/08

Wedding celebration Feb 13/09

Susana Faith born July 16/09!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Mine were couriered to me in a week. I lived an hour away from Halifax. If I remember correctly, there was an option to pick them up myself, but with my work schedule at that time, I decided paying for the courier delivery was worth it. Just give them a call Monday am, they are a good office to work with, very helpful. :) Just make sure to ask for a copy of the immunization worksheet that Dr. Doane fills out while you are there.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I resided in Greenwood NS (1.5 hrs west of halifax) and it took around a week to get my results MAILED to me. Think it cost me $20 for that. They sure were not speedy about it,lol

Dr doane office is right by the Canadian Tire as I recall, and one has to goto another place to get the bloodwork and Xray taken. Only a short drive

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
I resided in Greenwood NS (1.5 hrs west of halifax) and it took around a week to get my results MAILED to me. Think it cost me $20 for that. They sure were not speedy about it,lol

Dr doane office is right by the Canadian Tire as I recall, and one has to goto another place to get the bloodwork and Xray taken. Only a short drive

Yep, the QE II Health Sciences Centre on Robie Street. You have to go to the business office first to pay the fee, and then take the receipt to the radiology and lab units. Make sure they give you a x-ray film and not a CD-ROM.

Look for the sign for the Wendy's on Quinpool Road and you are in the right building area, you just have to go around to get to the entrance to Dr. Doane's office. The easiest way is to take the left where the sign for the Neighborhood Market is - go around and park in the big parking lot.

It's been a couple of years since I went to Dr. Doane's office, hope this info is still right. :)

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yep, the QE II Health Sciences Centre on Robie Street. You have to go to the business office first to pay the fee, and then take the receipt to the radiology and lab units. Make sure they give you a x-ray film and not a CD-ROM.

Look for the sign for the Wendy's on Quinpool Road and you are in the right building area, you just have to go around to get to the entrance to Dr. Doane's office. The easiest way is to take the left where the sign for the Neighborhood Market is - go around and park in the big parking lot.

It's been a couple of years since I went to Dr. Doane's office, hope this info is still right. :)

Your info is correct Cassie he was still in the same area you and Flames describe when I went last yr. Parking is in the back.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yep mine was within the week as well (i'm from PEI TOO!!).. i paid the extra $$ to have it couriered to me - i wasn't going to mess with that!! :) Best of luck!!! :thumbs:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.